Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: fk1000p over klasse sg

Lonny - I am familiar with Wisconsin winter road conditions, Madison was my hometown. We have similar conditions in upstate NY and New England. FK1000p has been great for me, lasts from October through April/May with an occasional rinsing. Give it a few days to fully "develop" after application, wait at least a week (I usually wait a month), apply second coat. Always apply very thin per Accumulator`s Way. For winter, one coat in April/May, another in July. then another in October when the temp is above 60 degrees. I believe you would be impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: fk1000p over klasse sg

Quote Originally Posted by STSInNYC View Post
    I have been using regular polishes, for a while Meguiar`s Paint Cleaner then more recently Mothers Gold Pure Polish, wiping off, then gentle soap washing before applying 1000p. Then another layer of 1000p in a month or so (the car is in the underground garage 90+% of the time, not much sun and weather exposure). Does the Mothers polish leave oils on the paint? Jim at Mother`s says it does not leave anything on the paint. If so I should add the AIO step, Zaino or Klasse or FK 215 or another, looking for ease/speed of use.
    I`ve never use the Mother`s, but AFAIK their info is credible, so I bet it`s fine under the FK1000P. If it leaves things to your satisfaction, I`d just LSP after that and wouldn`t bother adding an AIO step, strikes me as just extra work with no payoff.

If you`re concerned about the Mother`s leaving Oils that might cause issues, I`d just use some kind of pre-LSPing product to strip them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information