Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Hydrosilex Recharge

Anyone here try this? Likes or dislikes? Thinking about ordering some but wanted some reviews first.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

Totally new brand and product to me too. I never heard of it until DD sent out the info emails.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems kind of pricey. I decided to order some Adams H20 Gurad and Gloss to try first. Another person told me they thought they were the same chemical formula. Sort of hi jacked my own thread, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Have some. Haven’t tried yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinTN View Post
    Another person told me they thought they were the same chemical formula.
    The Hydrosilex Recharge states Ceramic Coating right on the label. I can`t imagine Adam`s wouldn`t do the same if it was being sold as a ceramic coating.

My guess would be they`re not the same product. You can always ask Phil. My experience has been he`ll never try to sell you something you don`t need, and will always answer questions for any product he sells.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I view the word ceramic as misleading on any detailing product. How in the world can you have a liquid in a spray bottle that is then sprayed on and wiped off and consider it ceramic? Not in my world. The word is nothing more than a marketing gimmick.
    Been trying to find the msds for the Hydrosilex and failed. Contacted the company but so far nothing. If anyone else can find it please send me the link.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading up on it for the past week or so and I think it would be comparable to CarPro Reload than a true coating. So as far as price goes I would say it ti is in line.

I might try it out at some point.
    Likes RaskyR1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic just means it isn’t carbon based. Just sayin’.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

RandyinTN ----

Also have never heard about it until I received info from my old Detailers Domain account..

Phil Yiu, the owner of D/Domain has been an upstanding guy in the probably 15 years I have been reading on his forum, and seeing the always excellent work he and his team do up there in NJ.. He posts lots of great pics to look at also..

Until we get info over here, I would also recommend looking at his website for the latest, no bull, no pressure sales, straight info on this product since he has already used it for a bit..
    Good luck with your research..
    Dan F
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Seems the older I get the more skeptical I become. Just last year correcting a car`s finish then applying a "ceramic" coating was the ultimate way to protect the paint. It isn`t unusual for a detailer to charge $1,000 or more. It was advertised as being the last thing needed for protection and claims stating it would last 2-3 years. Now it seems we need to spend more money to protect the ceramic coating that is protecting the paint.
    Likes DBAILEY, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Poorboy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The owner talk on this episode about it.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link GUZ. I haven`t listened yet, (I`m at work) but plan to.

Post Thanks / Like

RandyinTN--

You know, I totally relate to what you said --- " Now it seems we need to spend more money to protect the ceramic coating that is protecting the paint.""

When the first real coating came out -what - a decade + ago - there was no talk or need to "protect" the coating like there is today...

I have personally seen a coating go years before I eventually took it off and re-applied it all over again, just so I could have something to do (and keep up my skillset on Black paint), and it was so easy because it HAD protected my paintwork, and all those years after application, all I ever did was wash it, blow it dry, and not very often, apply Opti-Seal to it..

Certainly since then, there have been many more coatings rushed to the front every year but none have the years of durability testing, etc., that the first one had BEFORE it was ever introduced way back then, so that is something else I look for when I occasionally read the constant marketing noise from the coating world today...

What I have found and learned from the original Coating people and my own experiences with it on my Client`s vehicles and my own vehicles is this ---

--- The Prep Work and Application will Always affect the ultimate clarity, gloss, and length of time the Coating stays on the paintwork..
    --- The less you touch it, the better it will be..
    --- The only time you touch it is with a full on wash with a great, soapy, sudsy, lubricating, soap with a chenille mitt that you carefully look at every time before you place it on the paintwork..
    --- Only use a specific soap designed for Coatings (CarPro Reset) that has absolutely NO junk in it to further contaminate the coating, and the coating will look and bead water better for years..
    --- The more you can dry the vehicle with air before you ever have to touch it, the less opportunity you have to perhaps introduce a slight scratch, etc. on the coating..
    --- If the coating manufacturer recommends any type of spray QD, perhaps try this as a rinse-aid after most of the water has been blown off..
    ---As much as can be withstood, refrain from wanting to constantly touch the paintwork to the point that you are introducing scratches in it...

These rules are what I personally go by and even when slightly dirty, (because a good coating will reject dirt for a long while) (and even longer if it`s washed with the correct soap), my Black Jeep Grand Cherokee always looks beautiful, glossy, and never fails to blind me if I look at it in the sunlight..
    Good luck with your research !
    Dan F
    Likes Ancient_1, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinTN View Post
    Thanks for the info. Seems the older I get the more skeptical I become. Just last year correcting a car`s finish then applying a "ceramic" coating was the ultimate way to protect the paint. It isn`t unusual for a detailer to charge $1,000 or more. It was advertised as being the last thing needed for protection and claims stating it would last 2-3 years. Now it seems we need to spend more money to protect the ceramic coating that is protecting the paint.
    RandyinTN ---

The reason the Detailer has to charge so much is because the Coating people have jacked up their rates for the Professional versions across the board..
    So we poor guys, trying to barely get by here are the ones caught between the rock and the hard place, even before the Clients..
    I wish the Coating people would not be that way but that is what they are doing...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some...waiting on it to arrive!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information