Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 151
  1. #121

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    Problem with these and all products they can make whatever claims they want.

    They built up tons of hype on the product and sold a bunch of bottles for a small profit even at the shipping cost. Im imagining even selling many bottles for retail plus shipping at some point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Recharge is a great substitute for Wet Coat and Hydro2. Ive never been a big fan of the wet spray and rinse style application with them on paint, for wheels or intricate areas is the only time I would want to use this method and its great for that. On wet paint Ive noticed inconsistent bonding in some areas on the panel and I end up using much more versus a dry spray and wipe product. Wet Coat and Hydro2 will not wipe clean when used dry which is expected, Recharge however wipes extremely clean when used dry.

    Great gloss and slickness, hydrophobic behavior is pretty similar for all three without any base coat, not Reload or Cure level but pretty good. Should be boosted nicely if you`ve got a coating underneath. Survived through the Prep All, Super Clean 1:3 dilution, and LA`s APC dry wipedown test. Pricey but good, blows F11 away in the wipedown, F11 is a heavy product it`s hard to wipe clean.
    I have to chime on the F11. I wanted to like this product. But it is so damn difficult and a pain in the ass, I can`t do it. Plus, $59 for a 16 ounce fricking bottle?
    This company had to have made a small fortune in a small amount of time.
    Likes Rblouin liked this post

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    I can`t comment on Recharge or the performance of it but as consumers and the fact coatings are the new rage we only had to expect what we are seeing now. When the first couple coatings came out for consumer use, mainly Opti-Coat there were never "special care" or specific products to use to maintain coatings. Coating makers are going to milk the coating fad for as long as they can if we are willing to buy this stuff. When people first started using Opti-Coat it was wash with ONR or a good shampoo and top with a QD or Opti-Seal if you want nothing special. You have to give Optimum props for saying you don`t need anything special to take care of it or install it. Now they have the Opti-Coat line which basically seem like slightly more amped up versions of the current products but cost more. Don`t fault Optimum for wanting to get on the coating maintenance boat.
    We have panel wipes, coating primers, polishes, toppers, shampoos, trim, rim and glass coatings and we buy into it. Coatings are protective of all these environmental dangers, we should be able to wash our cars with a can of Coke and a sponge. They are trying to make as much money as they can off of really expensive coatings and maintenance products. Once products start coming out, and they are, that are easier to apply and give you coating looks, ease of maintenance and a year and change protection coatings will slowly start to loose ground. The biggest fault of a coating is being exclusive; the surgical prep, they have to be installed inside, cost, just by nature these products alienate a huge part of a customer base. Even getting a coating done by a pro is alienating the client because it`s so damn expensive for a pro to buy them. Not everyone has the time, facilities or money to invest in a coating that for some may be a car payment once it`s all said and done.
    The rage will soon die down when they are out of creative ways to milk us for money, innovate better products or the prices are so high they alienate average consumers and pro detailer clients because the price for admission is ridiculous. Coatings are just the new carnauba wax. What`s next color charged coatings? I want 5% on the dollar for every sale made for that new innovation, I`m sure someone is working on it.
    Likes Rblouin, VitreousHumor, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor, Stokdgs thanked for this post

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    Quote Originally Posted by 0inDetail0 View Post
    I can`t comment on Recharge or the performance of it but as consumers and the fact coatings are the new rage we only had to expect what we are seeing now. When the first couple coatings came out for consumer use, mainly Opti-Coat there were never "special care" or specific products to use to maintain coatings. Coating makers are going to milk the coating fad for as long as they can if we are willing to buy this stuff. When people first started using Opti-Coat it was wash with ONR or a good shampoo and top with a QD or Opti-Seal if you want nothing special. You have to give Optimum props for saying you don`t need anything special to take care of it or install it. Now they have the Opti-Coat line which basically seem like slightly more amped up versions of the current products but cost more. Don`t fault Optimum for wanting to get on the coating maintenance boat.
    We have panel wipes, coating primers, polishes, toppers, shampoos, trim, rim and glass coatings and we buy into it. Coatings are protective of all these environmental dangers, we should be able to wash our cars with a can of Coke and a sponge. They are trying to make as much money as they can off of really expensive coatings and maintenance products. Once products start coming out, and they are, that are easier to apply and give you coating looks, ease of maintenance and a year and change protection coatings will slowly start to loose ground. The biggest fault of a coating is being exclusive; the surgical prep, they have to be installed inside, cost, just by nature these products alienate a huge part of a customer base. Even getting a coating done by a pro is alienating the client because it`s so damn expensive for a pro to buy them. Not everyone has the time, facilities or money to invest in a coating that for some may be a car payment once it`s all said and done.
    The rage will soon die down when they are out of creative ways to milk us for money, innovate better products or the prices are so high they alienate average consumers and pro detailer clients because the price for admission is ridiculous. Coatings are just the new carnauba wax. What`s next color charged coatings? I want 5% on the dollar for every sale made for that new innovation, I`m sure someone is working on it.
    You can already order color coded ceramic coatings from Polish Angel Cosmic v1 with the color of choice

    The detailing products has come far the last 10 years or so. I think it`s the enthusiasts and those that likes they cars glossy and shiney that has gotten the most out of it. The whole DIY has exploded during this time also in alot of what you would let the pro does for you otherwise. Sure it`s going to be products that gets hyped up before it`s even on the market. And the detailing products is not excluded from it. As with Hydrosilex I was intrested to get and try out. But for me to hesitate was when they offered it for free with only shipping charges. They where not meant for be available with this offer fr everyone but those old customer and they that where on the mailing list. The social media was not a benefit for the company that offered this when it came up on this lol. Looking still for more insite from those that uses it.

  5. #125
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    Quote Originally Posted by 0inDetail0 View Post
    We have panel wipes, coating primers, polishes, toppers, shampoos, trim, rim and glass coatings and we buy into it.
    But it`s just so much fun. Dunno the viewpoint from pro side but the hobbyist in me is fascinated with it all; the fact that it makes my life easier is a nice bonus too.

    Hard to separate the wheat from the chaff sometimes, still on the fence with Recharge specifically but it`s actually doing reasonably well next to 2 other products.

    It`s just entertaining and interesting right now. I`ll keep buying in, occasionally I`ll swing and miss but not the end of the world when I do. Dunno, just kinda dig the coating thing, waiting to see what comes next.
    Likes Rblouin liked this post

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    But it`s just so much fun. Dunno the viewpoint from pro side but the hobbyist in me is fascinated with it all; the fact that it makes my life easier is a nice bonus too.

    Hard to separate the wheat from the chaff sometimes, still on the fence with Recharge specifically but it`s actually doing reasonably well next to 2 other products.

    It`s just entertaining and interesting right now. I`ll keep buying in, occasionally I`ll swing and miss but not the end of the world when I do. Dunno, just kinda dig the coating thing, waiting to see what comes next.
    Definitely entertaining. My 2 coats of recharge is holding up pretty well after 3 weeks. Panels are still pretty slick but I have to do a wash to see the true effects

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    The 3-4 coats that i have on the glass seem to have failed after 6 weeks or so. Honestly, I`m not really surprised. I applied it in a humid, 50F garage with no real prep, just a rinseless wash first. Adding to the fact that winter has, and is continuing to be, brutal this year. I`m looking forward to seeing what this will do after a good wash and some prep once it warms up. I still dont expect that this will be 6 month product, through
    Thanks Rblouin thanked for this post

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    5 week update on my wife`s coated SUV. It`s beading and sheeting surprisingly well. Here in Hawaii its actually been raining a lot the past month so it really didn`t get a chance to go against some uv. I`m disappointed in myself that I applied 2 coats but oh well. It`s also on a pretty fresh Ceramic coat so I can`t wait to put it up against reload on a naked panel.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    I started a test today. Wheels got completely cleaned with Griots Heavy Duty wheel cleaner, CarPro Snow Foam, a good scrub, and the pressure washer. I applied Gyeon Wetcoat to one side, and Hydrosilex to the other in the wet method.
    My intial impression is already on Gyeon. It seemed to be thicker, cling/coat better, and beaded more when rinsed off. Time will tell, but at least I have a date marked for when I started this.
    Likes LGHT liked this post

  10. #130
    Sizzle Chest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    ^^^Keep us posted on your findings!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

  11. #131
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    2,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    Trying this on the glass of my daily driver which has carpro flybyforte on it. I used it as a drying aid. I noticed some streaking even with very little product. Will see if it added anything to the glass which was already hydrophobic to begin with.

    I also used it as a drying aid on the driver side wheels which have GTechniq C5 + Exo V3 to see how they differ from the the passenger side wheels over the next few weeks.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    Interesting that all of the sudden there are a bunch more in depth reviews popping up on YouTube from people that don`t seem to have any relation to the company (most of the previews videos were all really short and from Hydrosilex). You can see in the newer reviews the color of the product is much darker and one reviewer stated they had just changed the formula. Apparently there were some issues with the wet method application and that had to do with the formula change I guess.
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

  13. #133
    John U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eagan MN & Scottsdale AZ
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    Interesting that all of the sudden there are a bunch more in depth reviews popping up on YouTube from people that don`t seem to have any relation to the company (most of the previews videos were all really short and from Hydrosilex). .
    This stuff popped up on my Facebook today. So first thing I do is check Autopia and by golly this stuff has been around before and is just "Shaking the Trees" again on social media.
    Likes EKhatch liked this post

  14. #134

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    I was just thinking that I hadn`t seen much about this stuff recently. lol

  15. #135

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

    Anyone else get the email stating they no longer recommend using the wet method for application? Just thought it was interesting. Too many people must have had issue with it streaking I guess.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

 

 
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How long until filter needs a recharge?
    By autobahnshine in forum Professional Detailer General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 06:06 PM
  2. AC Recharge
    By carnut00 in forum Car Maintenance, Repairs & Modifications
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •