Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

Quote Originally Posted by grisby View Post
    It would of been nice if they would of told the other folks who ordered the same scenario. I called the morning of the 29th and it rang and rang and I finally hung up, perhaps I should of waited longer for a person to answer. It was the same day that I got the shipping notification, though, perhaps they had caller ID. Don`t know, don`t care, hope its a good product for them. Like I said in an above post, supposed to be delivered today, we just had a major storm, schools are closed, had to cancel my leg therapy for today at least because its a sheet of ice where I live. Most likely it should be delivered tomorrow.

UPDATE 1305
    I received an email from the BBB at 1247 and they assigned me a case number and said that they notified Hydrosilex of the complaint and they are awaiting comment from them. They work faster than I thought.
    Well I finally got a response from the BBB,and here is what is says

This customer did receive his free sample of our product on February 5th. We were notified of this complaint on the 6th by the BBB. Notifications were sent to let our clients who ordered samples due to a delay in shipping from our manufacturer. Our free link was also comprised and being shared on social media, which is how Mr. G**** attained it as we had not personally sent him our link to invite him to order a sample. This caused additional delays due to the sudden high orders for samples. Regardless of how Mr. G**** obtained our link, we sent him a sample, charging the agreed upon shipping charge of $10 to receive a free bottle of our $35 16oz size of Recharge which was delivered to him. Below is Mr. G****`s shipping data, We apologize for any inconvenience.

Well, I never received any notification and as per this thread neither did many of you. Plus I did not get link through social media as I do not belong to any of that crap(too old) Internet froums are enough for me. I got the link by reading this forum and I typed sample in their search box for the price when the link did not work. Either way, I got this stuff, hood is ok, does not last on fenders and sides and I am done with this company. I prefer to deal with companies that provide fast customer service as it took them as long to post back to the BBB as it did to ship.
    Thanks
    Bill G

1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    Washed my car for the first time since I applied it. We’ve had rain almost every day and the car was pretty filthy. The tops held up well...hood, roof and trunk lid beading good. The tops of the fenders and doors were still beading but not as good as the tops. The bottom of the doors and rear bumper had zero beading. The wheels also weren’t beading but I kinda expected that. I honestly thought it would last longer than it did, but I also didn’t do any prep work either. So far I’m not super impressed with it but I’m gonna keep using it and trying it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for sharing. Is your vehicle coated? Just wondering what type of protection did you have on the vehicle prior to Recharge? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rblouin View Post
    Thank you for sharing. Is your vehicle coated? Just wondering what type of protection did you have on the vehicle prior to Recharge? Thanks in advance.
    It had 3 month old sonax pns that was pretty much dead. Washed it with megs wash + and then applied the recharge via the dry method. Applied a second coat after that first wash, I’ll wash it again Monday and let you know what it looks like.

Likes Rblouin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    It had 3 month old sonax pns that was pretty much dead. Washed it with megs wash + and then applied the recharge via the dry method. Applied a second coat after that first wash, I’ll wash it again Monday and let you know what it looks like.

Thanks brother sounds good. Today I`m applying it to my coated SUV. I`ll keep u posted as well

Post Thanks / Like

I have applied it a few times trying different methods. The wet method of spray and rinse has not worked for me at all and I use Hydro2 and WetCoat a lot. So far the dry method is the only way it works for me.

Also it might not be far but I have a 50/50 test on my truck between this and Sonax BSD. So far on week one the BSD was better water beading and sheeting. It really shows when I drive my truck and one side is clean and dry and the other side is wet. But durability will by determined yet as well.

Likes glfnaz, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Please update the 50/50 test occasionally. I think that`s the big question mark for many.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I have applied it a few times trying different methods. The wet method of spray and rinse has not worked for me at all and I use Hydro2 and WetCoat a lot. So far the dry method is the only way it works for me.

Also it might not be far but I have a 50/50 test on my truck between this and Sonax BSD. So far on week one the BSD was better water beading and sheeting. It really shows when I drive my truck and one side is clean and dry and the other side is wet. But durability will by determined yet as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with you with BSD vs Hydrosilex. I have BSD that is roughly 3 weeks old and I washed the car today. Side by side they both behave the same. Speaks volumes to BSD. I applied hydrosilex 1 week ago using the wet method. Will probably use it to maintain coated wheels as I have not been super impressed with Hydrosilex.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Ronkh, Rblouin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tried it out today on my wife’s coated car. It’s been coated for almost 2.5 years and still beads like day one. It’s a no name brand sold by stay fresh car care.

Anyway, I like how easy this stuff applies and the shine it leaves. The slickness level was a lot less on the coated car than it was on my non coated car. It left the surface smooth but not real slick. A towel won’t slide off the hood or fender. The pollen is starting to come out and the car seems to attract it more than usual.

All in all I’m still not that impressed with it, especially for the price. I absolutely hate the sprayer it came with too. If I think of this stuff as just a ceramic detail spray and not a full blown coating/sealant I’m not as disappointed with it. Stay Fresh makes their own ceramic detail spray that left the paint much slicker than this stuff and is a fraction of the price. I definitely wouldn’t buy it again.

Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Rblouin thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used it to build up the protection. I think that it could be used every 2 weeks to get a thicker protection as a coating is. If it that way can be a stand alone coating and a more coating like with more sio2 on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s an update on the hood of my brothers Tahoe.

Prep was just clay and dry application on half the hood.

Hydrosilex after 3 weeks. Beading from rain looks lack luster. I don’t see this lasting the claimed 6-8 months without another application.

For comparison purposes this is the other half of the hood that was only clayed.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM, Ronkh, Rblouin, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Has anyone used it to build up the protection. I think that it could be used every 2 weeks to get a thicker protection as a coating is. If it that way can be a stand alone coating and a more coating like with more sio2 on the paint.

I have applied this to the drivers side of my truck twice. To be honest I have not noticed any added gloss, beading, etc. In fact what I have noticed so far is it needs to be reapplied often as it’s not holding up here in Ohio during the winter. And that’s on the upper panels as well as the lower salt covered panels.

But I just put this on my wife’s car that has old CQUK on it so now I’ll see how it hold up there.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks SWETM, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have applied this to the drivers side of my truck twice. To be honest I have not noticed any added gloss, beading, etc. In fact what I have noticed so far is it needs to be reapplied often as it’s not holding up here in Ohio during the winter. And that’s on the upper panels as well as the lower salt covered panels.

But I just put this on my wife’s car that has old CQUK on it so now I’ll see how it hold up there.
    Intresting findings. To be honest the pro detailers in Sweden have had access to hydrosilex recharge since october. And since I have no experience with it myself I have been casious to write anything. But they have had some good first impressions of it but then it has been quite of a silence from it afterwards. So think that they had same experience that you guys are haveing. Just my guess about it. I was wondering when they did recommend to use it every 2 weeks to build it up. Why if only 1 application would last you 6-9 months. But then maybe it`s the thing many says that the protection is still there even if the beading and sheeting is gone. For me though it`s important behavior to have for the self cleaning ability to be on top. Will see if there comes in more of the insites of this.
    Likes Rblouin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone ever tried OPT Hyper-Seal as a comparison. They seem to be a similar product at a similar price. Just curious if anyone has used both and what your thoughts are one vs the other. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Intresting findings. To be honest the pro detailers in Sweden have had access to hydrosilex recharge since october. And since I have no experience with it myself I have been casious to write anything. But they have had some good first impressions of it but then it has been quite of a silence from it afterwards. So think that they had same experience that you guys are haveing. Just my guess about it. I was wondering when they did recommend to use it every 2 weeks to build it up. Why if only 1 application would last you 6-9 months. But then maybe it`s the thing many says that the protection is still there even if the beading and sheeting is gone. For me though it`s important behavior to have for the self cleaning ability to be on top. Will see if there comes in more of the insites of this.
    I have been wondering about this myself. I really wish there were Pro`s with more experience or even the Mgft giving us some input as I don`t want to give bad information due to not understanding the product fully or improper use.

I would really like to see the testing and proof of this product being able to "build layers" of protection on top of itself. It is so watery that I feel like I am really just applying water. But it does leave gloss and slickness.
    Likes EKhatch, SWETM, Rblouin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been wondering about this myself. I really wish there were Pro`s with more experience or even the Mgft giving us some input as I don`t want to give bad information due to not understanding the product fully or improper use.

I would really like to see the testing and proof of this product being able to "build layers" of protection on top of itself. It is so watery that I feel like I am really just applying water. But it does leave gloss and slickness.
    Definitely wish the manufacturer would reply back to some of us on product information. I`ve reached out multiple times via email, Facebook and even Instagram to just find out very simple question and zero responses. I`ve been wondering the percent of Sio2 that`s in recharge but no response for a month now.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information