Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

I just did a maintenance wash on a vehicle and I added one additional `layer` of this product via the `wet` method. Very easy to use and similar to a lot of the water activated sealants out there IMO, in terms of hydrophobic properties.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Loach, SWETM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Recharge is a great substitute for Wet Coat and Hydro2. I’ve never been a big fan of the wet spray and rinse style application with them on paint, for wheels or intricate areas is the only time I would want to use this method and it’s great for that. On wet paint I’ve noticed inconsistent bonding in some areas on the panel and I end up using much more versus a dry spray and wipe product. Wet Coat and Hydro2 will not wipe clean when used dry which is expected, Recharge however wipes extremely clean when used dry.

Great gloss and slickness, hydrophobic behavior is pretty similar for all three without any base coat, not Reload or Cure level but pretty good. Should be boosted nicely if you`ve got a coating underneath. Survived through the Prep All, Super Clean 1:3 dilution, and LA`s APC dry wipedown test. Pricey but good, blows F11 away in the wipedown, F11 is a heavy product it`s hard to wipe clean.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes SWETM, Stokdgs, The Guz, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been recommended a hybrid method of dry and wet application when useing gyeon wet coat. After the final rinse I use a damp mf sponge applicator or a damp mf glove. Spray a spritz in the applicator and say a front fender 2 spritz on that and spread it out even. Then PW rinse it off from the lowest point and up and then down again. This has made the application of wet coat even and very much less product. On a station wagon that I have I use no more than 1dl of product. It`s 1:10 of the 1 liter gyeon wet coat bottle. I feel with that way I get the most even application of wet coat and economical use. Sure it`s a little more step but not so much more trouble than a dry application. I think that it would benefit with hydrosilex application also. 2 months longevity in harsh winter weather in Sweden with gyeon wet coat I think is great. It`s a domestic detailing company that sells detailing products also. That has added this as an recommendation to the gyeon wet coat application. Test it out some time and see how you like it.
    Likes DBAILEY liked this post
    Thanks Loach thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used this 3 rimes so far. Once on my brothers hood (only half of it). There is no protection on it. Clayed both sides, GTechniq panel wiped and the applied it to half the hood. He will let me know how it does next week when he washes it. Decent slickness. Nothing overwhelming. Similar to Gyeon Cure and Reload.

The second time was on my personal car driver side door using the wet method during my wash process. Did not notice much of a difference compared to the rear driver side door that has close to 2 month old Sonax BSD. Proves to me that BSD is pretty darn good. No noticeable difference in slickness using this method.

The third time was on my mom`s car. Applied it the driver`s side of the hood. The car received some diluted Cure (1:1) 2 weeks ago with a base coat of CanCoat. No noticeable difference in slickness compared to the 2 week old Cure. Will see how it beads and sheets compared to Cure next wash.

Did not experience and streaking when using either method.

I will say the spray trigger supplied with it is pretty crummy.

Overall it is not overwhelming me or something I would really need. But for $10 bucks it was too hard to pass up.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Loach, JustJesus, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, JustJesus, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I have been recommended a hybrid method of dry and wet application when useing gyeon wet coat. After the final rinse I use a damp mf sponge applicator or a damp mf glove. Spray a spritz in the applicator and say a front fender 2 spritz on that and spread it out even. Then PW rinse it off from the lowest point and up and then down again. This has made the application of wet coat even and very much less product. On a station wagon that I have I use no more than 1dl of product. It`s 1:10 of the 1 liter gyeon wet coat bottle. I feel with that way I get the most even application of wet coat and economical use. Sure it`s a little more step but not so much more trouble than a dry application. I think that it would benefit with hydrosilex application also. 2 months longevity in harsh winter weather in Sweden with gyeon wet coat I think is great. It`s a domestic detailing company that sells detailing products also. That has added this as an recommendation to the gyeon wet coat application. Test it out some time and see how you like it.
    If you`re going to do this, why not use gyeon cure as a drying aid?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes The Guz, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any durability updated on Recharge?? I just ordered a bottle and couldn`t find the $10 deal anywhere but I used code NOVADUBS on Detailers domain and got 15% discount today so it came out to $39. Thanks for starting the thread and I`m exited to join Autopia. I`m a chronic user of reload but I figure for only $5 more and a longer durability claim I figure I give recharge a shot to protect my coatings. Thanks in advance for any durability info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    No more $10.00 purchases $35.00 now
    Appears to still be working on their site. Just type "sample" in the search bar in the upper right and it will give you the option to add the free sample to your cart and just pay for shipping. That`s how I ordered mine on 02/06/18 and it just showed up yesterday. I just looked at the the website and it still shows the free sample for $0.00.
    Likes Rblouin liked this post
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s super simple to apply that`s for sure. The beading is not as tight as Reload or Cure but it seems to roll off the panels pretty good.
    Thanks Rblouin thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grisby View Post
    Yep, just got an email from them saying it was delivered. Wife went down to the mailbox and it was there. Yep same note, glad the mailman did not drop en-route due to wrapping but it arrived here safely. Freezing here too but with knee operation I won`t be able to try for a while. Now I will wait see what BBB follow up is.

Thanks for listening to my rant but at least you know why!!

BTW, if you go to their website now and do a search on sample they are now charging 9.99 for it--I do not know if that includes shipping. Will not be ordering again from there.
    Thank you for posting this brother, just went on the website today and ordered a bottle. Lmk what u think of the product, I`ll do the same👍

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    If you`re going to do this, why not use gyeon cure as a drying aid?
    I went with wet coat for it`s easy to use. Then read up on this application and tried it out. The plan was to get thrue winter and was a little panic way to go. As it got colder temps I was haveing more trouble with QD after wash. And no access to a heated garage. Tested with the ordinary application with wet coat after a month. And thought that the hybrid application got me a more even spreading of the wet coat. Maybe just in my mind it is so. And the durability of wet coat is 12 weeks to cure 6 weeks. So for me this winter and not been able to do a good lsp application I went with wet coat. Wont do that again though.

I have not liked the use of drying aid. It takes a wipe more to get it off for me and just one drag with the drying towel without drying aid.

I have looked at those that have done the dry application with recharge and it`s seems to be a easy application. So the hybrid application I would not bother with. Have seen some more products like this coming out. It certainly is interesting this product and what I heard about the longevity of it up to 9 months and real world 6-8 months. Then it`s a very interesting product to have as base protection and build it up. Just waiting on a little more thoughts about it and user experience. Since I don`t live in the US I could not get that 10$ offer. If I had been it`s a no brainer to get! Now I have products waiting at home to be used in the spring for my car. Polish Angel esclate lotion primer and Master Sealant and High Gloss is the choice I went with. Then I have alot of other things to use on the other car I maintain. I have a close eye on you guys experience with recharge and if it`s a great option I will buy it in the future Or maybe sooner LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    Appears to still be working on their site. Just type "sample" in the search bar in the upper right and it will give you the option to add the free sample to your cart and just pay for shipping. That`s how I ordered mine on 02/06/18 and it just showed up yesterday. I just looked at the the website and it still shows the free sample for $0.00.
    free sample.... $10.00 shipping on their site...
    again THANKS !!!
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes EKhatch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

again THANKS !!!
    Do you have the link to the site? I just tried to add it to my cart and it`s showing at $35.00.

Disregard: Found the link and sample. Just ordered and interested to see how it compares to Hydro2 and Hydro Blue.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

again THANKS !!!
    No problem. It was because of this site that I came across the deal. Figured the least I could do is stop being a lurker and sign up to post this in case others couldn`t get the link to work. Now just waiting for it to warm up so I can give my car a proper wash and try this stuff out.
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Do you have the link to the site? I just tried to add it to my cart and it`s showing at $35.00.

Disregard: Found the link and sample. Just ordered and interested to see how it compares to Hydro2 and Hydro Blue.
    Same here...For $10.00 I wanted to give it a shot.

With all the hype on others $10.00 is cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Washed my car for the first time since I applied it. We’ve had rain almost every day and the car was pretty filthy. The tops held up well...hood, roof and trunk lid beading good. The tops of the fenders and doors were still beading but not as good as the tops. The bottom of the doors and rear bumper had zero beading. The wheels also weren’t beading but I kinda expected that. I honestly thought it would last longer than it did, but I also didn’t do any prep work either. So far I’m not super impressed with it but I’m gonna keep using it and trying it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information