Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

This product has received way more attention than deserved. I bought a bottle of the original formula because it was cheap and I like to try new stuff. But after two uses I saw no reason to use Recharge over any of the coating topper products on the market. The fact that the manufacturer put the word out that the original formula should not be used with the wet method due to streaking and being almost unable to remove the streaks without polishing put me off from ever trying any Recharge product at any price. Too many good products on the market to use a pita product that the manufacturer did not properly test before selling. If someone has found a use for the original formula product, such as mixing it with a different product, I would appreciate them dropping their knowledge. I hate throwing away something that might be useful.
    Likes EKhatch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    Anyone else get the email stating they no longer recommend using the wet method for application? Just thought it was interesting. Too many people must have had issue with it streaking I guess.
    Yes I got the email from them. Seems like they could not resolve the issue even on the latest formula update.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    This product has received way more attention than deserved. I bought a bottle of the original formula because it was cheap and I like to try new stuff. But after two uses I saw no reason to use Recharge over any of the coating topper products on the market. The fact that the manufacturer put the word out that the original formula should not be used with the wet method due to streaking and being almost unable to remove the streaks without polishing put me off from ever trying any Recharge product at any price. Too many good products on the market to use a pita product that the manufacturer did not properly test before selling. If someone has found a use for the original formula product, such as mixing it with a different product, I would appreciate them dropping their knowledge. I hate throwing away something that might be useful.
    Couldn’t agree more. Was way overhyped. The first formula did not last a darn. Word is starting to get around on social media detailing groups including the Hydrosilex pages.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

An update from my post back in April. I had Wet Coat on one side`s wheels and steps of my truck, Hydrosilex on the other. I`ve pretty much ignore washing in general lately, but haven`t really touched the wheels in 6 weeks or so. Wet coat is still there after 14 weeks. Hydrosilex was gone. No beading, wheels needed more time and effort to clean up. I`ll keep using Wetcoat, but I`m done with Hydrosilex. I think I`ll give Opti Seal a try next.
    Likes SWETM, EKhatch, MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After two test applications on the hood of different vehicles. I passed my bottle on to my Brother in Law. I believe, he used the whole bottle on his F-350 after one wash. Better than throwing it in the trash.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a bottle when it was 12 bucks on some special and its still sitting in my cabinet unopened.
    Based on all the reviews/ feedback coming out of the woodwork I don`t know why I bothered but similarly wanted to judge myself however with so many great products out there I don`t think I will ever use it.
    If anyone would like the bottle and will actually use it feel free to PM me your address and I will send it over!
    Likes The Guz, EKhatch, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I bought a bottle when it was 12 bucks on some special and its still sitting in my cabinet unopened.
    Based on all the reviews/ feedback coming out of the woodwork I don`t know why I bothered but similarly wanted to judge myself however with so many great products out there I don`t think I will ever use it.
    If anyone would like the bottle and will actually use it feel free to PM me your address and I will send it over!
    Very new to detailing and never used a a coating product before. Would it be ok to use on an older truck that has been neglected for several years? If your not going to use it It may be better than nothing which is what I`m doing with the truck now..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Very new to detailing and never used a a coating product before. Would it be ok to use on an older truck that has been neglected for several years? If your not going to use it It may be better than nothing which is what I`m doing with the truck now..
    I don`t see why you could not. It can be used on bare paint as a stand alone or topper for an existing coating.
    I can;t speak to durability but based on feedback here from trusted autopians you may be applying it often
    Just PM me your address if interested and I can ship it out this week.

Post Thanks / Like

On dry paint it looks ok and leaves some protection. It’s just there are many better products. An old truck is a good match for Recharge. I would put a few coats on it and call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like

My BIL loved it, on his 2008 F-350. He had been using Turtle Wax and Dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t see why you could not. It can be used on bare paint as a stand alone or topper for an existing coating.
    I can;t speak to durability but based on feedback here from trusted autopians you may be applying it often
    Just PM me your address if interested and I can ship it out this week.
    Ok great. Yeah I don`t want to put the good stuff on an old truck so it may be a good fit. I`ll just use it on that until it`s gone and get some turtle wax afterward lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Use it in the house...it works much better on granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances than it does on paint.
    Likes Stokdgs, EKhatch, grisby, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny because the detail section on both an Audi and Mercedes forum had several guys saying the product works great and is a game changer. Not sure if that was before they changed the formula or not, but I almost bought a bottle based on those reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    Use it in the house...it works much better on granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances than it does on paint.
    Yep, I use it on the granite tops in the kitchen and baths. Never thought of using it on stainless, will have to give it a try.
    Thanks
    Bill G

1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny because the detail section on both an Audi and Mercedes forum had several guys saying the product works great and is a game changer. Not sure if that was before they changed the formula or not, but I almost bought a bottle based on those reviews.
    LGHT --
    "game changer" from what ? Turtle Wax ?

And there are Corvette Forums out there today that swear Zaino is the best thing ever..

Not bashing those Forums, etc., but if the people swearing by the stuff are more casual users, etc., the vehicle is a garaged Baby, etc., well their results will always be different.

Perhaps get on there with those people and ask them how many lights do they have in their Garage so that its like DayLight in there ?

Most any car will look great in a garage with only 1 - 60watt bulb in the ceiling, right ?
    Dan F
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m on a couple of the car forums too and I laugh at the products and techniques that are espoused there. I used to try to help out but I could tell I was fighting a losing battle. Stick to the detailing forums for detailing advice.
    Likes Stokdgs, sixsix liked this post

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information