Post Thanks / Like

Not much info about Feynlabs self healing?

I`m about to get a coating done on my Chevy SS and I am curious about Feynlabs self healing Lite and Plus but haven`t seen much written about it, even after searching here as well. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about it? I know about an dhave seen the self healing properties which is awesome, but how does it compare aside from that to other products such at C.Quartz Finest Reserve, Professional and others? Is it as visually appealing? As hydrophobic? durable? Anything else?

Appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not much info about Feynlabs self healing?

Self heal lite offers a 5 year warranty. I can`t speak to C. Quartz as I have never used it, but I can say that every vehicle I have applied to, the clients have been overly impressed. The coating has been durable, but only have 1 vehicle at the year mark.

Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer
    Likes The Driver, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    Self heal lite offers a 5 year warranty. I can`t speak to C. Quartz as I have never used it, but I can say that every vehicle I have applied to, the clients have been overly impressed. The coating has been durable, but only have 1 vehicle at the year mark.

Thanks, so though it heals well it scratches more easily than much of the non-healing competition. Curious how likely it is to actually get even fine scratches on the top non-healing stuff. If it doesn`t scratch easily why do you need the healing? I`m just considering my options. Appreciate the info. Weird I didn`t find those charts on their website.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmunjr View Post
    Thanks, so though it heals well it scratches more easily than much of the non-healing competition. Curious how likely it is to actually get even fine scratches on the top non-healing stuff. If it doesn`t scratch easily why do you need the healing? I`m just considering my options. Appreciate the info. Weird I didn`t find those charts on their website.
    I think you`re over exaggerating the scratch resistance of coatings in general. IME they offer very little scratch resistance and I would assume that the Feynlab stuff is on par with most other coatings with some of them having the ability to self-heal the lighter scratches. I`d like the try out the self healing stuff for myself and hopefully this winter I`ll be able to do it.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I started using their products this year. I applied Self Heal Lite (SHL) to the hood of my 2011 Lincoln MKX and then shot a video live of me scratching it and repairing it with a heat gun (it was in February so parking it outside in the sun wasn`t going to heat it up enough). I was blown away by its performance. If you look at my website, you`ll see the video of that as well as a video showing the water sheeting and beading. To say that I`ve been blown away by their offerings is an understatement. Highly, highly recommend!
    http://www.flawlessreflectionsautodetailing.com/
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    I started using their products this year. I applied Self Heal Lite (SHL) to the hood of my 2011 Lincoln MKX and then shot a video live of me scratching it and repairing it with a heat gun (it was in February so parking it outside in the sun wasn`t going to heat it up enough). I was blown away by its performance. If you look at my website, you`ll see the video of that as well as a video showing the water sheeting and beading. To say that I`ve been blown away by their offerings is an understatement. Highly, highly recommend!
    Good to know. I`ve already booked my appointment for the self heal lite. The Plus is about $1000 more and is crazy thick for a coating and the guy who runs the shop said none of his customers do it and doesn`t think it is necessary. Looking forward to the final product.
    Likes richy, RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like the coating/sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinTN View Post
    How do you like the coating/sealant?
    I ended up getting their best stuff - Heal Plus. It look phenomenal, though I don`t have a lot of experience with these coatings. I was the installers first time with the Plus. It was a lot of work for him. He spent a lot of time on it and had me bring the car back in to work on a couple things. A few customers saw it in his shop an immediately changed their orders fro the Lite to the Plus. It`s the thickest nanocoating on the market apparently. I`m really happy for now. My car has not been in the rain nor been washed since so I can`t say much about anything else.
    Likes PantherShark liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up getting their best stuff - Heal Plus. It look phenomenal, though I don`t have a lot of experience with these coatings. I was the installers first time with the Plus. It was a lot of work for him. He spent a lot of time on it and had me bring the car back in to work on a couple things. A few customers saw it in his shop an immediately changed their orders fro the Lite to the Plus. It`s the thickest nanocoating on the market apparently. I`m really happy for now. My car has not been in the rain nor been washed since so I can`t say much about anything else.
    I just applied Self-Heal Lite for the first time this weekend and application went very well. I`m going to see how well Lite heals before looking into carrying the Plus. Congrats on your install though!
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I put it on my Lincoln and also on the hood of my wife`s Explorer. I`ve never had better protection. Yes, lots of work, but if you can afford it, it`s the way to go.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What in the world makes you think that? I have found exactly the opposite. In fact, if you look at my video on my website where I deliberately scratch the hood of my old Lincoln, you will see that I am not successful in scratching it on the first two attempts! No, not only does it repair itself, it is harder to scratch in the first place.
    Likes ShakingHorizons, Stokdgs liked this post

Thread Information