Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Mbkite View Post
    Between the trees and rain around here and the birds nothing will have a chance to cure
    Guess everybody here knows that I`d use FK1000P in a situation like that. A few applications during times when trees aren`t dropping [stuff] oughta last just fine through the rest of the year, and birds might become a non-issue (as they have for me).

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Between the trees and rain around here and the birds nothing will have a chance to cure
    There is nothing wrong with waxes and there are many great choices out there... but a coating product may be the better choice.

There is a coating that bonds immediately and requires no cure time. It`s also easy to apply and no more difficult to use than a wax. It will be the LSP I`m going to use on my daily driver this coming fall to get me through the harsh Wisconsin winter...

Dr. Beasley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes Mbkite liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to the Plasma Coat from Beasleys mentioned above, looks like their Nano Resin Ceramic Coating is pretty quick to be exposed as well:

• Do NOT apply Nano-Resin in direct sunlight. Do not allow this product to freeze during storage.
    • If applied in temperatures less than 65-70⁰ the vehicle may need more flash time. In warmer, more arid climates Nano-Resin will need less flash time.
    • Inspect the vehicle in natural light for a better view of high spots.
    • Keep vehicle completely dry between applications and for at least 1 hour after final application. After 1 hour the vehicle can be exposed to light rain without affecting the bonding process.
    • Full cure will take 24-48 hours. After fully cured the surface will be noticeably glossier and the coating will be at full hardness.
    • Leaving the vehicle in the sun or under infrared lamps after application will shorten the amount of time needed for Nano-Resin to bond to the paint surface.
    • Avoid washing the vehicle with soap for 7 days after application. After this follow our prescribed maintenance regimen.
    • Keep bottle closed when not in use.
    Likes Mbkite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Polish angel has the Viking coat which applies like a wax. No high spot anxiety that some coatings may give you

I just used Cquartz Tio2 2017 on our new accord and it was easy as pie to use.

Wax will have you waxing more often. You will likely get only a couple months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite

Post Thanks / Like

Fallz- Yeah, that was my go-to for a long time, still use 845 on some textured under-car surfaces, and it`s just SO user-friendly. If only it lasted longer and protected a little bit better...476S *did* look a bit better to me on the dark blue Audi, though I`ve come around to how the FK is on it (maybe all the compliments help, *nothing* has garnered compliments from complete strangers like that stuff does). One could certainly do a lot worse than choosing Collinite!
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After reading thousands of posts it finally sunk in that wax should be my only option for my car because its outside 24/7 and it seams like it`s always raining around here that Vic red looks interesting
    Mbkite, your statement seems counterintuitive to me. It`s generally accepted that a good sealant will protect better and last longer than a good wax. As my username implies, I love me some wax, but for an outside DD, I`d use something like Jescar Power Lock, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant, Collinite 845 or 476, or the Finish Kare "wax" that Accumulator recommends which is really a sealant. For a garaged car, sure, it`s DoDo or some other carnauba-heavy wax.

But then again, there are a few good products that call themselves "wax", like the highly recommended PB Nattys, that last so long that I`m convinced they have sealant in them.
    Likes Mary B, Mbkite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Mbkite, your statement seems counterintuitive to me. It`s generally accepted that a good sealant will protect better and last longer than a good wax. As my username implies, I love me some wax, but for an outside DD, I`d use something like Jescar Power Lock, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant, Collinite 845 or 476, or the Finish Kare "wax" that Accumulator recommends which is really a sealant. For a garaged car, sure, it`s DoDo or some other carnauba-heavy wax.

But then again, there are a few good products that call themselves "wax", like the highly recommended PB Nattys, that last so long that I`m convinced they have sealant in them.
    I just love sealing the paint with WGDGS, or PA Sealant.
    Then a couple coats of an upper shelf wax.
    Like BF Black Ice, Souveran, Zymol Carbon, Dodo Haze,
    WA Vitreo & Candy Gloss. Just to name a few because I`m still looking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information