Post Thanks / Like

Back To Old Faithful !!

To be honest, over the last 3 years, I have not touched any of my paste waxes. I have been on a strict , "Spray on Sealant only mission". Reasons, attracts less dust, quick and easy, so many to choose from. Well, having accumulated so many over the years, every spray sealant i used, have resulted in smeary results. So, thinking it over, I thought, why not try the old "paste wax" method that never let me down in the past. Since i have so many to choose from on the shelf, one that always gave me easy and flawless results is Pinnacle Signature Series Carnuba Wax II . This product is one of many i have, but is super easy to apply and remove. After doing one panel. the results were awesome.Not only did this resolve the smearing issue, but it also seemed to add additional gloss. Sometimes, you have to go with a proven winner !!
    I would post pictures,..but PBMG websites do not work for me to download photos. Not getting into that.
    Likes danlc95, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Back To Old Faithful !!

Waxes are great and I loved them for a long time. Used p21s 100 percent for years. Loved it. Tried Swiss wax and was not overly impressed based on my comparison the p21s. Luckily I sold it quickly and got out gracefully. The only detailing product I sold because it was killing me that I spend so much money on a product that was just ok. Not great competitively. Imho.

Sealants , spray on sealants and coatings and toppers were my evolution and I`m happy with Many products but not thrilled with any of them. If you check my user name I authored a manadesto on my relative satisfacton and dissatisfaction with my detailing products.

I do like everything better than waxes. From looks to durability to self cleaning. It`s saves me so much time.

Enjoy what you like !

Quote Originally Posted by sjb89 View Post
    To be honest, over the last 3 years, I have not touched any of my paste waxes. I have been on a strict , "Spray on Sealant only mission". Reasons, attracts less dust, quick and easy, so many to choose from. Well, having accumulated so many over the years, every spray sealant i used, have resulted in smeary results. So, thinking it over, I thought, why not try the old "paste wax" method that never let me down in the past. Since i have so many to choose from on the shelf, one that always gave me easy and flawless results is Pinnacle Signature Series Carnuba Wax II . This product is one of many i have, but is super easy to apply and remove. After doing one panel. the results were awesome.Not only did this resolve the smearing issue, but it also seemed to add additional gloss. Sometimes, you have to go with a proven winner !!
    I would post pictures,..but PBMG websites do not work for me to download photos. Not getting into that.
    Likes sjb89, Ronkh, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, after having and using ton$ of polishes and LSPs I`m back to Meg`s professional line of polishes #80, #82 and #83 and Collinite #845 as a LSP !
    Their #80 series polishes never separate or go bad over time, I have bottles that are over a decades old and are as good as the day I opened them.
    Wasted thousands of dollars with new products going bad when they separate or mildew since they switched over to a water based formula.
    Collinite IW845 and 476 LSP are ultra durable, inexpensive and looks just as good as any of those overpriced boutique products.
    Likes sjb89 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Even I continue to use 845 on a few things like the textured undercarriage areas of the `93 Audi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjb89 View Post
    Since i have so many to choose from on the shelf, one that always gave me easy and flawless results is Pinnacle Signature Series Carnuba Wax II . This product is one of many i have, but is super easy to apply and remove. After doing one panel. the results were awesome.Not only did this resolve the smearing issue, but it also seemed to add additional gloss. Sometimes, you have to go with a proven winner !!
    Only have two paste waxes on the shelf, and one of them is Pinnacle SS II. Easy to apply, and easy to remove, great gloss and durability...tough combo to beat. I just used McKees Trademark PAste Wax this past weekend, and I have to say it`s very comparable in every category I`ve been able to measure, with durability still to be determined. Used SS II as a topper to MEGs ULW on my daughters 2013 Sonata, and the car came out amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now Purple Haze soft

Still lookin` though

Thread Information