Mr. A, I`ve got a situation with FK that might interest you - puzzling to me anyway.

I can get 4-6 months no problem on my car, the metallic silver `15 hyundai elantra I`ve referenced in the past. Paint has been clayed, but never polished. I do have some slight wash marring over the last couple years, but nothing too horrendous the metallic silver doesn`t hide well enough for this DD. I do plan on polishing now that my wash routine is sorted, but thats a topic for another day...

However - on my wife`s car, 2005 Camry in a dark green metallic, FK won`t stay on it more than a month. I clayed, Iron deconned, compounded and polished the hood a while back, and got it respectable enough considering 12 year old original paint. Final polish was done with HD speed. I waited a day, did another wash with PB SSS, and then applied 2 coats of FK in my normal "apply, wait a week, wash, apply second coat" process. It lasted maybe a month before all beading or indication of protection was gone. The water during the wash was absolutely clinging to the hood like nothing was on there.

Ok, head scratcher for sure. Maybe the FK didn`t like the Poxy in the HD speed? I then did a "strip wash" to the best of the chemicals I had on hand. PB Bug Squash mixed strong and left to dwell, then washed with the PB SSS shampoo. Clayed again just to make sure the lsp was gone, then washed again to make sure the lube (Blackfire clay lube) wasn`t the issue. I repeated the application process for FK noted above, and got the same results. No more than a month, maybe a month and a half tops.

I`m not sure what`s going on, but wanted to provide this scenario for your "FK not giving the experiences we all rave about" story collection. I still absolutely love FK, but I am going to have to find something that plays well with the wife`s car until we punt it and get another vehicle.

Nick