Post Thanks / Like

Titian Coatings Range and exceptional marketing

Titian
    HyperQuartz Carbon Coating - TITAN Accredited use only
    Titan contains our High Performance HyperQuartz Carbon technology which creates a flexible yet hard protective layer on the applied surface creating hypergloss with incredible depth and enhanced clarity.

Zeus
    Elite HyperQuartz Carbon Coating - TITAN Accredited use only
    One of the most advanced coatings on the market combining both organic and inorganic chemistry with the addition of one variant of commercially conserved nanorods.

Ultra
    Hybrid Top Coat
    Ultra is our highly concentrated water based hybrid top coat, a sacrificial layer with elastic and flexible properties.

Multi
    Multi Surface Coating
    High performance 1nm nano hyperquartz particle which penetrates exposed microscopic pores on a multitude of surfaces

ACCR
    Artificial Clear Coat Resin/Primer - Professional Use only
    ACCR is our water based hydrocarbon clear coat resin/primer which helps fill imperfections, swirls and most importantly adds up to 4 microns of crystal clear resin per application creating incredibly deep gloss and shine

G2e38
    Heat Resistant Wheels/Plastic Coating - Professional Use only
    Carbon quartz technology which creates an extremely hard elasticated glass layer on its substrate- protecting it from UV degradation, chemical fallout, dirt, oil and grime. Heat resistant up to 900°

Vulcan

Extreme performance series - Rubber membrane resin coating - Professional Use only

Extreme Performance Series hydrocarbon technology which creates a flexible rubber like membrane when fully cured.

Pyro
    Extreme performance series - Hybrid PHPS protection coating - Professional Use only
    Extreme performance series Hybrid perhydropolysilazane coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Titian Coatings Range and exceptional marketing

SO, is the "carbon coating" just another name for graphene coating ??
    I am a little leery of companies when they say "For Professional Use Only" meaning either you are a registered installer or dealer and have gone through their training program at some expense to the dealer, and hence, has limited availability and exclusivity OR it is marketing hype in an attempt to give it some type of professional-grade status at an inflated premium price, yet is still available to the general detailing buyer. Maybe I should ask " Are there any Autopian "TITAN accredited users"?"

That said, there is nothing wrong with giving professional and hobbyist detailers more options in car-care products. And, yes it is a legitimate UK/England (Leeds) -based company (Sorry, not links dues to forum rules, but it is worth Goggle-ing it for yourself)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    SO, is the "carbon coating" just another name for graphene coating ??
    IGL suggests that their Kenzo coating has carbon in it but they refer to that as "Diamond-Infused". I guess if I buried a bottle a mile deep in the earth and left it for a century or 2 it might be more accurate.

DIAMOND INFUSION TM
    IGL Coatings has improved their formulations by incorporating nature’s hardest material into their formulations. The idea of infusing diamond powder aka carbon into their formulation started in April 2015 when Kenzo TM was still in developmental stages. With the infusion of diamond powder into the formulations, the Ecocoat TM Paint Protection system was enhanced by:

Improving its hardness and resistance to micro marring due to its carbon structure; and
    Increased gloss due to the higher light dispersion ability.
    Carbon, Titanium, Graphene...eh, who knows.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What’s with IGL and this brand claiming there coating are non solvent based? Nano carbon if from the liquid glass days. R.I.P. liquid glass! I never made it to the 45th layer to get rock chip prevention but I tired
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn`t a coating have to be "solvent based" in some fashion? As I understand it the solvents carry the solids and then evaporate away to allow the solids to bond with the surface. Without a solvent you`re just rubbing a lump of solids on the surface like a bar of soap or smearing it around like a wax.

Back on topic, the marketing for all of this stuff is really getting out of hand. Looking at the product copy above tells me absolutely nothing about the product. It`s just a pile of detailing buzz words strung together. The only one with any real meaning is the ACCR product which tells you it has fillers like a glaze. Most other brands are no better. The only way an average user can tell if a product is any good is to gamble with their money and try it out. Product information provides no education at all.

Maybe this is a sign I`ve been working too hard this week and need a weekend to unwind, but it struck a nerve...
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Doesn`t a coating have to be "solvent based" in some fashion? As I understand it the solvents carry the solids and then evaporate away to allow the solids to bond with the surface. Without a solvent you`re just rubbing a lump of solids on the surface like a bar of soap or smearing it around like a wax.

Back on topic, the marketing for all of this stuff is really getting out of hand. Looking at the product copy above tells me absolutely nothing about the product. It`s just a pile of detailing buzz words strung together. The only one with any real meaning is the ACCR product which tells you it has fillers like a glaze. Most other brands are no better. The only way an average user can tell if a product is any good is to gamble with their money and try it out. Product information provides no education at all.

Maybe this is a sign I`ve been working too hard this week and need a weekend to unwind, but it struck a nerve...
    They must of found a loophole of some kinda carrier solvent that is not defined as a solvent in CAS numbers or if you have a low enough percentage of it maybe you don’t have to ID it as a solvent.

pretty sure that’s the reason they are in glass or aluminum bottles. If they used cheap plastic I’m sure the non solvent coating would still eat through the plastic.
    Likes Desertnate, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

These sound like another run of the mill coating. No real interest on my end here especially once i saw professional use.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

IMO "solvent" is one of those terms that gets used in, uhm...imaginative...ways by the makers of such stuff. WATER has been called "the universal solvent" for, well, centuries.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably a relabeled product from a bigger manufacturer.

Thread Information