Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FK1000p Beginner questions

Accumulator - Yeah, i like when you mention something is Accumulator-proof I know it`s good. I`ve had great results with everything you`ve mentioned, and that`s why I immediately looked for the 22ple metal coating.

hehe- Yeah, I know what you mean about having [crap] stashed away. There are times when I`m looking for something, and "find" something I forgot I had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I do have their Paint Prep and their Pre-Wax. EVERY time I wanted to use them, I had to sit and read the labels to make sure I was using them properly for the purpose I had in mind. That was a drag. They sit on my shelf these days. Last i checked, I don`t think Griot`s makes the Pre Wax Cleanser any more.
    I also have their Paint Prep and their Pre-Wax Cleanser.

Their paint prep is interesting in that (last I looked, I’ll probably regret not checking their site for current info now...) I remember it being marketed as a final step of your car wash prior to performing a correction/LSP. The goal being to remove previous waxes and silicones from those (evil ) other car care products ( ) to ensure best bonding of whatever you were doing next.
    The interesting part is if I remember right they wanted you to spray, agitate, then rinse off; different from most other paint preps where you can just wipe dry. I’m trying to remember - I think you may have also been able to spray it on, agitate it, then wipe it dry.
    **Edit: went to their website, they no longer sell the Paint Prep either, so no info from the source there. I’m sure it’s been superseded by the Foaming Surface Prep.**

I’ve also been looking at my Pre-Wax Cleanser, wondering where it fits in the arsenal now. Like the Paint Prep, it’s no longer for sale. I feel like they brought this product to market back in their Machine Polish days, which was what I’d originally bought it for. I remember fighting the wipe off of the old Machine Polish 2 and 3 I cut my teeth on (probably grossly over-applied in retrospect...), and the Pre-Wax Cleanser worked fantastic for easing that problem. I’ll probably use it for spot cleaning here and their wherever a Citrus based degreaser would be appropriate (or just use it up detailing my gas grill...). Haven’t needed it since upgrading to the BOSS creams (with a stop at “Complete Compound” on the way), since wipe off has been much less of an issue.

Sitting back, rereading my post, not sure it adds anything other than “Hey, I have those too!” But, well, um, I have those too!
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite- Heh heh, yeah...I still have both generations of the GG Machine Polishes stashed away. The v1.0 MP1 was real rocks-in-a-bottle stuff for something made for ROs.

I wonder what, if anything...I`ll ever use that Paint Prep for. I`ll have to read the label some time and see if it`s like the "rinse away" version that you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Does FK have any bad habits if it’s applied when the paint is in the 50-60 degree range?

I have found that FK can take much longer to dry between 50-60 than at higher temps, and I don`t even attempt it below 50 degrees. Applied it once in the mid 40`s and it literally took hours to set.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STSInNYC View Post
    Does FK have any bad habits if it’s applied when the paint is in the 50-60 degree range?

I have found that FK can take much longer to dry between 50-60 than at higher temps, and I don`t even attempt it below 50 degrees. Applied it once in the mid 40`s and it literally took hours to set.
    I`d say your experiences have answered your Q for you

I can`t really help since my facilities are always >60 if I`m LSPing (or doing much of anything else that takes more than a few minutes..yes I`m spoiled).

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I was trying to respond to another member`s question about lower temps. The time I put 1000p on my MIL`s car when the temp was in the upper 40`s, I think it took 3 hours before it passed the swipe test.

Post Thanks / Like

Still loving FK!

Post Thanks / Like

Surly- Glad to hear that I can only think of...maybe 2?...Autopians who`ve tried it and said "no thanks", at least with regard to its functional properties.

Now if we could just figure out why it didn`t last worth a [crap] on acuRAS82`s car!

Post Thanks / Like

Still love it too. I’ve got the tw hybrid line on my new passport. I’ll freshen it up before winter. We will see how it does. If it doesn’t do as well as fk, back to that in the spring.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imported_OneQuickGT1 View Post
    Still love [FK1000P] too. I’ve got the tw hybrid line on my new passport. I’ll freshen it up before winter. We will see how it does. If it doesn’t do as well as fk, back to that in the spring.
    I`ll be very interested to hear how the two compare.

Everybody seems to really like that TW hybrid line and I just love how they`ve upped their game (even if I`m not using the stuff).

Post Thanks / Like

I do think it’s performing well, and for the price, I can’t complain at all. I used their aio, 24 hours later their spray coating, a second coat, and their wet wax as a drying aid.

the aio works well. A little difficult to remove at times, but not terrible. The other two products are totally foolproof. Again, excellent value.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Post Thanks / Like

I do think it’s performing well, and for the price, I can’t complain at all.
    That seems to be a near-universal judgment.

...the aio works well. A little difficult to remove at times, but not terrible..
    Wonder if there`s some kind of trick to using it that`ll make it easy-peasy like other AIOs are...like how KAIO can be either pretty frustrating or easy-as-can-be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That seems to be a near-universal judgment.

Wonder if there`s some kind of trick to using it that`ll make it easy-peasy like other AIOs are...like how KAIO can be either pretty frustrating or easy-as-can-be.

well, they tell you to wipe with a dry mf and then a damp one. The first wipe makes you think, “oh my god, this is a smeary mess.” Then you hit it with the damp mf and boom, it’s perfect. Just weird, but not like it adds much work. Just not as easy and super quick as some of the other top aios.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Post Thanks / Like

well, they tell you to... and boom, it’s perfect. Just weird, but not like it adds much work. Just not as easy and super quick as some of the other top aios.
    Ah, OK, good to know. Sounds like it could be a lot worse. Not that *I* would want to bother with that when others are so easy.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526

Thread Information