Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FK1000p Beginner questions

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Unfortunately, my wife was rear-ended and the Kia took a hit to the rear and front. Thankfully, she`s alright...
    Yikes, I don`t remember hearing about that! Sure glad She Whose Name I Cannot Pronounce is OK!

All the work I put on the rear, though, is out the window. Testing/Using Blackfire`s products on it

,,who knows what the shop has done to the car since in their care. I`m planning on going through all of it. I think I`ll take advantage of this and split the hood in half. FK1000p and Pink on one side, BF Paint Sealant and Midnight Sun on the other half..
    Be sure to wait until the paint has cured/finished outgassing, if anything could mess with that I bet it`d be the FK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    It`ll be interesting to see if it`s OK over the PB Black. It`s never been finicky about such stuff for me, but I`ve never used it over an actual Paste Wax either (just "leaves stuff behind" QDs).

As long as it`s compatible with the PB`s it ought protect great. Not sure how you`ll like the look..but then I didn`t know how *I* would like the look on some of my vehicles (fortunately it grew on me).

Yeah, IME it`s not all that diff from Collinite when it comes to going on/coming off, but don`t moisten the FK`s applicator with water the way you would with 476S. I don`t dampen the applicator at all except with FK425, and only then if the FK1000P is a bit dried out.
    Thanks, Accumulator, I`ll definitely leave my applicator dry when I got to use it. Back in the day, I would do a heavy coat of Collinite and then top it with PB Paste Wax Blue, and it made my little black truck so shiny you couldn`t look at it in the sun, but I did have to be careful about those pseudo-holograms you speak of with FK layering.

I`m not too worried about the reaction it`ll have with the PB that`s on it now. If it removes it, oh well, I can always come back and put the PB back over the FK. If it gives me that pseudo-hologram thing, I`ll strip all the wax down and start over, either way its just some wax wasted.
    2016 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 5.7L - Almost Aggie Maroon
    2014 Cadillac SRX Performance Collection - Silver
    1931 Chevrolet 5-Window Coupe - Bolling Green

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FIDOAG14 View Post
    I`m not too worried about the reaction it`ll have with the PB that`s on it now.. If it gives me that pseudo-hologram thing, I`ll strip all the wax down and start over..
    OK, you know what to watch out for.

..either way its just some wax wasted.
    But more importantly IMO...it`s some *TIME* wasted!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122

Thread Information