Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FK1000p Beginner questions

I put a second coat of FK1000p on both cars,(including the wheels) this weekend. No drama,easy on/off. It’s been 85-90 degrees with 60% humidity.

I forgot to mention that before I used the FK,(a few weeks ago), I clayed, applied HD Speed and a coat of Poxy on each car.

FK1000p is now my go-to,replacing my Collinite 476s and 915.

Thanks,Accumulator!

Post Thanks / Like

Older- Really glad it`s working so well for you!

And that`s interesteting that it bonds fine to not just Speed but also the Poxy.

How do you like the look compared to the Collinite? I can see some people liking the 476S better; I kinda do on the `93 Audi (but not enough to switch back to it) and I guess I`m really wondering about the 915, which I`ve never used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Older- Really glad it`s working so well for you!

And that`s interesteting that it bonds fine to not just Speed but also the Poxy.

How do you like the look compared to the Collinite? I can see some people liking the 476S better; I kinda do on the `93 Audi (but not enough to switch back to it) and I guess I`m really wondering about the 915, which I`ve never used.
    Compared to the FK1000p,the 476s seemed to have a little less “depth” and a little more “candy shell” look to it. I’ve never used the 915 on it. That was on a TorRed Dodge.

The Jaguar is new and it’s only seen the Speed and Poxy before the FK1000p. It’s color is Caesium Blue. Interesting color that really pops in sunlight.

The 915 looked a bit warmer than the 416s on the previous dark colored cars I’ve used it on. On garaged,low mileage cars,the 915 lasted a good 6 months here in Illinois.

I’m now a FK1000p convert. I won’t be going back.

Post Thanks / Like

Older- Sure glad the FK1000P is working out so well for you, with all my raving about the stuff I sometimes worry that I`ll waste somebody`s money/time/etc. when it doesn`t work as well for *them*.

Interesting take on the Fk1000P vs. Collinite 476S! That`s 100% opposite of how *I* see it on my paints! In fact, I`ve used 476S intentionally on a pal`s MKII Jag just to give it more "depth/jetting" and less of the "candy shell" look! Heh heh, "YMMV!" again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Older- Sure glad the FK1000P is working out so well for you, with all my raving about the stuff I sometimes worry that I`ll waste somebody`s money/time/etc. when it doesn`t work as well for *them*.

Interesting take on the Fk1000P vs. Collinite 476S! That`s 100% opposite of how *I* see it on my paints! In fact, I`ve used 476S intentionally on a pal`s MKII Jag just to give it more "depth/jetting" and less of the "candy shell" look! Heh heh, "YMMV!" again
    According to my wife, my perception of color is,well,um, lousy.

As far as $$, I can float the $14.99 it cost me on sale. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Older- Heh heh, I might agree with your wife on that one! And yeah, that`s a whole lotta LSP protection you got for $15!

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a good spot as any

How DO you guys get 476(or any tin wax) on polisher pad. I just got dirty and rubbed my hand and put it on the pad. Lol. Has to be a better way
    Phats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2000 silver GT mustang..selling

2004 odyssey eXL-res- silver

2005 accord EXL- silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post

How DO you guys get 476(or any tin wax) on polisher pad. I just got dirty and rubbed my hand and put it on the pad. Lol. Has to be a better way
    Phats

I used a putty knife.

Post Thanks / Like

How DO you guys get 476(or any tin wax) on polisher pad.
    I transfer with a plastic razor blade (don`t leave it in the tin), which I`ll be using to scrape the excess off/out of the pad anyhow. Or I`ll just use a 4" pad that fits in the tin, but I`ll still be doing the scraping. IMO most people use a zillion times more product than they need and there`s no upside to that unless there`s something (else) wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Phats

Anything I`ve used in a tin recently is either soft enough, or close enough to melting around body temperature, that I`ve just rubbed a pad into the tin. For FK1000p, I have a Swissvax grey/black applicator pad that fits the opening perfectly. I set it in, do a 1/8 turn, and I`m good to go. When I used P21S/S100, a little swirl and there was plenty on the applicator.

Now - if I want to apply an LSP by machine and the pad did not fit inside the tin, that might be a different story.

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

My Cyclo pads fit in the tin but it`s easier to remove one pad first

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mooser View Post
    My Cyclo pads fit in the tin but it`s easier to remove one pad first
    I just lay the Cyclo on it`s back and twist the tin on each pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I love it that others are still using their Cylcos!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I`d jump back into this thread...

My white Edge is now 13 months old, and I just finished washing, claying, and putting a coat of FK1000 on her. I have been putting the FK1000 on manually, but decided to try applying it with my GG6 today. A couple of observations:

• I felt the FK1000 went on better using the DA. (One of the drawbacks to a white car is seeing where you`ve waxed and where you haven`t). Using the DA I felt I was able to get a more complete, even coating.
    • One pain point to using the DA was having to use a putty knife to apply the FK1000 to the DA pad. Not a huge deal, but it did take a bit of extra time.
    • Although I didn`t put the FK1000 on thick (thanks again, Accumulator, for that valuable tip!), I could tell that using the DA had me use more product than I`d previously used on our cars. And that`s despite scraping the excess of the pad each time.

I`m debating whether to apply a second coat tomorrow. I`ll have to check my initiative meter when I wake up in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    i got noted and have applied FK1000p to the Drivers 1/2 side of the car and Wolfgang 3.0 sealant to the other 50%.
    Initial finding is that 3.0 was a touch easier to rub off (dont care) and was also a little bit more glassy to touch.
    Both look the same on my Obsidian Black Mercedes.

Will report back in 6 months on longevity as that is all i really care snout in this comparison.
    Likes OzzieMike liked this post

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread Information