Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Topcoat

Post Thanks / Like

Topcoat

I`m not bashing, I`m not promoting and I`m not providing a link (if you want to look it up, use your imagination to figure the URL).

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this stuff FLOODING social media? It`s advertised as a sealant, but with the properties of a coating AND it "sticks to itself" so it can create a film build. It is purported to act like a coating, but longevity is "only "3-6 months."

They state that to clean a lightly dirty car, just spray more Topcoat on and wipe the dirt away (like a rinseless wash) or on a more heavily soiled car, to hose it down, use a plain sponge/no soap and wipe the car off, then rinse.

They seem to be big on `dry wiping` minor blemishes (light dust etc). And that it can be used on ANY surface from cloth to paint to chrome to rubber and leather etc.

I would be ALMOST willing to try this on the wife`s Explorer, but I`m saving for the McKee`s 37 coating for MY car.

I was just wondering if anyone else has watched their "How It Works" video and had any thoughts on their claims?
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topcoat

I will let you know next week, I was suckered in and did buy a bottle and am going to try it this weekend
    cant believe no one else has replied yet

Post Thanks / Like

let me know if you find one of the hilarious back and forths I`ve had with whoever runs that page, lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there was a previous thread about this and I checked out the product on the site but I am not sure what it is because it lists the product as a "polish and sealer" but then under the product description it states "no abrasives"? So maybe it has cleaners in it and a sealant? Then it says coating somewhere else. And its $60 for a 16oz bottle. Unless its got similarities to Gyeon Can Coat in terms of longevity and hyrophobic properties that seems a bit high price? no?

gatewayad - interested to hear your review on it once you have a chance to use it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I think there was a previous thread about this and I checked out the product on the site but I am not sure what it is because it lists the product as a "polish and sealer" but then under the product description it states "no abrasives"? So maybe it has cleaners in it and a sealant? Then it says coating somewhere else. And its $60 for a 16oz bottle. Unless its got similarities to Gyeon Can Coat in terms of longevity and hyrophobic properties that seems a bit high price? no?

gatewayad - interested to hear your review on it once you have a chance to use it!
    hydrophobic properties don`t seem very impressive from their videos

very gimmicky and as misleading as the term polishing wax or (insert here)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

when this first blitzed facebook I had dozens of friends tagging me in there and so I started to ask some questions that any decent Autopian would ask and they couldn`t answer anything..all they did was skate around the entire premise of my inquiry and direct me to the videos, which were the entire basis of my questions

oh well. I`ll be shocked if my thoughts on this product are wrong, but I look forward to hearing what gatewayad thinks, but I`m not holding my breath...and that price,,,wow..I didn`t even know it was that high.

Brandt K.
    Likes CerceS550 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really like can coat. I ordered another bottle recently and it seems to no longer be an aerosol. I hope the formula is just as good because, cancoat was the best beading product of all times beating P21S100% carnauba wax !

Ill let you know. I have it on a garage queen, easy to apply and looks great, beads great, makes my Master blaster super dooper effective at getting the car dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I really like can coat. I ordered another bottle recently and it seems to no longer be an aerosol. I hope the formula is just as good because, cancoat was the best beading product of all times beating P21S100% carnauba wax !

Ill let you know. I have it on a garage queen, easy to apply and looks great, beads great, makes my Master blaster super dooper effective at getting the car dry.
    I don`t think this product is anything like can coat..i mean its a trigger sprayed product that touts to clean polish and shine... which logic would dictate is merely impossible without abrasives

I mean don`t get me wrong I`ve cut into some paint with a non abrasive polish like Poorboys PW line but that`s completely different

I`d say, if anything, this would compare along the lines of ECH20 RTU or Gyeon CURE (assuming you felt cure actually could clean a dirty surface- which I don`t)

the videos they show on there, lol...well for instance one of them has the person using a little tiny foam sponge (like the size of the bug scrubbers) to move around water on the paint and the water behavior is not impressive at all IMO, but then again I have been comparing CSL+EXO against CSL and EXO separately for almost a year so I`d say I have some pretty high standards for water behavior

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Been flooding the vette forums
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Been flooding the vette forums
    Those guys will never give up their Nu-Finish and Lemon Pledge. Lol
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Those guys will never give up their Nu-Finish and Lemon Pledge. Lol
    Yeah and they whine that Meguiars products are pricy...

Post Thanks / Like

OK I`m back for my second post, so i am not a person that knows anything about what is a good wax or sealant just a guy with an 2010 Audi TL that likes to keep it looking good and has a wash club membership so it is kept clean and washed weekly but monthly i use mcguires black detailer to give it a shine back and its a little work. BTW I am not associated with this this Top Coat F11 just saw it on facebook and thought i would give it a try and waited 3 weeks for it to arrive. So below is a picture of the car on a cloudy day after one coat ( i will repost after 3 coats (they say wait a couple days between coats to cure properly) so in a couple weeks or so I will at least comment as to how it is holding up especially after 3-4 carwashes (touchless other than the hand drying they do))
    General thoughts after one coat ... kinda of impressed it was easy to put on and after a few minutes very easy to buff out by hand basically wipe off and it looks good
    So how much did I use ... 1/2 of the little 2 ounce bottle did the entire exterior of the car except the wheels i forgot to do them but including the front and back windshield
    If my calculations are correct you get 18 ounces if it takes 1 ounce to do 1 car and you do 3 coats per 6 months (or since i take mine to a car wash lets say 3 months) one bottle should last over a year maybe even on 2 cars

Topcoat-20170524_112303a.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Heh heh, between the Souveran/McKee`s 37 and this [stuff] you`re really considering all the extremes, huh?

Gatewayad- Welcome to Autopia!

I`d sure hope that it doesn`t diminish appreciably after only a few carwashes, touchless or not (the chemicals in those are generally kinda harsh, but still...).

Warning, unsolicited advice follows: I`d just wax it with something really durable and merely wash it for months on end.

Oh, and when I ran vehicles through a touchless wash/touch dry place, I found that having the wipe-dry people spritz on a little Quick Detailer (these days I`d substitute a Rinseless Wash at QD-strength) before drying helped diminish marring. (the touchless wash didn`t get things perfectly clean and when they wiped it the residual dirt caused marring.) They didn`t seem to mind the extra work as long as I tipped them a little.

Post Thanks / Like

HI Accumulator thanks for the welcome, thats what i had been doing have a wash membership through work so been getting it washed weekly and them monthly adding back the shine with a detailer, if this stuff doesn`t hold up over a few months of washings i will go back to the detailer i have been using (it is a lot less expensive) but since i spent $50 + bucks on it i am curious to see how well this stuff holds up over the course of a year using it as they recommend 3 coats to give it a nice wet look and repeat every 3-6 months. I am assuming i will need to do it at least every 3 months if not more frequent since i do not wash my car by hand and when the membership runs out i may try it with hand washings and see if it works better. what i do like about it is the ease of putting it on and getting it buffed out

Post Thanks / Like

I just did some inquiries on my motorcycle forums. General consensus: 10$ product in a 60$ bottle.

Mothers cali gold spray wax outlasted it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information