Post Thanks / Like

Rejex soil barrier after just 2 weeks in real world conditions on car.

My ride mainly sits in the driveway exposed to rain & the elements each day & goes for a drive about once a week. It only needs a lite wash once a week & I wanted an LSP to prevent bird poop from really sticking in summer to the point you need to polish it off.

After a few days of applying the water beads up significantly on glass windows & a clean bit of masking tape does`t stick that well to the dry washed surface. Sadly water drops form from the rain & still require a wash to get em off.

Night driving in wet is worse imo, the tiny water drops stay there rather then just fall down making the view somewhat harder to see through. I assume all LSP`s do this.

After 2weeks however the water bead up is noticeable less & masking tape sticks better. There is no way 4-6months this coating will last imo & those figures look like garage figures. But I was expecting at least 2-3months. Only a summer time test with dried up bird poop will really tell me, so far were in winter.

My guess is why this stuff isn`t lasting so long:
    soap too harsh,
    rubbing/abrasive action of microfiber cloth removes the coating,
    applied wrong, I applied this a few hours before sunset where condensation soon set in. Not sure if it really should cure in dry conditions?

Does all this sound right? Is there a longer lasting product out there
    Night driving in wet is worse imo, the tiny water drops stay there rather then just fall down making the view somewhat harder to see through. I assume all LSP`s do this.

After 2weeks however the water bead up is noticeable less & masking tape sticks better. There is no way 4-6months this coating will last imo & those figures look like garage figures. But I was expecting at least 2-3months. Only a summer time test with dried up bird poop will really tell me, so far were in winter.

My guess is why this stuff isn`t lasting so long:
    soap too harsh,
    rubbing/abrasive action of microfiber cloth removes the coating,
    applied wrong, I applied this a few hours before sunset where condensation soon set in. Not sure if it really should cure in dry conditions?

Does all this sound right? Is there a longer lasting product out there?

I really question the point in an LSP now, all the work in washing, drying, washing cloths just for a few weeks solid protection? Might have to sell the car & just get an old bomb.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rejex soil barrier after just 2 weeks in real world conditions on car.

I`m not sure what Rejex soil barrier is, but I`ve got the basic Rejex product and found that desirable initial slickness disappears very quickly.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

The home dish washing soap leaves surfactants behind that hinder beading. Buy a good quality car wash soap and see if that helps. I`m not familiar with Rejex products, but try any of the sealants sold here and you should see 3-5 months of protection. Step up to a coating and you should get at least 12 months of protection. Just be prepared to polish and prep the car before applying the LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Manix- With the disclaimer that "everybody`s situation is unique" and so on...it sounds like the Rejex just isn`t the right LSP for you.

I guess I`m the last guy who oughta recommend something since my vehicles are garaged, but you might consider the FK1000P I`m always raving about.

After just a few weeks, I woudn`t think that limited washing, with MFs, should kill off any LSP that`s not just a Beauty Wax.

What`s the "beads on the windows" about...did you apply the Rejex to the glass? I for one *NEVER* put LSPs on my glass, never. I just clean it frequently (some vehicles get done almost every day).

Oh, and I would never put any stock in the "lasts [however long] !! " ad-copy hyperbole. It`s not like any vendors say their LSP do *NOT* last very long and/or do *NOT* protect very well Heh heh, for that matter I basically ignore all ad-copy claims...for pretty much every product under the sun. They just say what they think will motivate you to part with your money. Yeah, even the manufacturers/vendors I like. It`s ADVERTISING.

I trust you were kidding about selling it, although I did once get rid of my [fun car], bought an economical beater and just ran it through the carwash for a year or two so I could focus on [something more important than cars]. Gotta replace such "disposable cars" somewhat frequently though, lest they be the automotive equivalent of wearing torn, dirty clothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the duplicate of this thread...yeah, the dish soap probably left something behind. Can`t imagine why you`d wash with that, the lack of lubricity/encapsulation alone would disqualify it from use as a maintenance shampoo IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

My reply in on the duplicate of this thread. [INSERT comment about how duplicate threads make life complicated with no up-side]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    My reply in on the duplicate of this thread. [INSERT comment about how duplicate threads make life complicated with no up-side]
    You are so right. These two threads have been merged. Manix, keep it to one thread in the future.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The home dish washing soap leaves surfactants behind that hinder beading. Buy a good quality car wash soap and see if that helps. I`m not familiar with Rejex products, but try any of the sealants sold here and you should see 3-5 months of protection. Step up to a coating and you should get at least 12 months of protection. Just be prepared to polish and prep the car before applying the LSP.
    Thanks. I will try another product & avoid dishwashing liquid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

What`s the "beads on the windows" about...did you apply the Rejex to the glass? I for one *NEVER* put LSPs on my glass, never. I just clean it frequently (some vehicles get done almost every day).
    RainX apparently makes night driving in wet easier, I tested Rainx & this rejex on sample pieces of glass & they both just look to make water bead up. My main reason for putting a coating on my glass was so water spots & other things don`t stick. had to polish with M105 the old water spots off my windows.

the amount of work cleaning my car is getting to me, at least a solid hour each week & 4-5hrs after a trip. No garage makes more work too.

Post Thanks / Like

Manix- Yes indeed, not having a garage will be a challenge!

My experiences with RainX make me think that other similar products from other makers are probably better. Not sure what people here like these days...

FWIW, I find that using high-quality car shampoo makes a big difference in my results. For ages I just used whatever was cheap (Westley`s, Turtle Wax, etc.) but when I switched to better stuff I experienced less wash induced-marring, the vehicles got cleaner, and my LSPs lasted longer; all win.

FWIW#2, If I had an outside-24/7 vehicle I`d use FK1000P on it.
    Likes tom p., pwaug liked this post

Thread Information