Post Thanks / Like

Is Carpro Essence Plus the best nonabrasive durable coating with semi-permanant fillers?

Currently using Carpro Reload, but feeling very meh about it.

I have a 2008 Acura TL-S with soft, thinly-applied (thanks Honda) paint. No idea if/how many times the paint was cut before I took it home in 2015. Paint texture looks healthy (not smoothed out, still has plenty of orange peel) but the painted XM roof antenna is peeling and the trunk lip spoiler is hazy as if it is about to start peeling too.

I`m just not willing to keep cutting wash marring out of my paint for the sake of perfection. I`d like to apply a coating that lasts several years, but that means a full 95%+ paint correction every time the coating is applied. So, instead I`m researching to find the most durable nonabrasive coating I can find that will fill in minor wash marring (really, minor. On a great day my 2-year-old paint correction looks like it was just done, and no lights except natural sunlight can find any marring) for at least 3 months, but preferably 6+

Carpro Essense Plus seems to fit my wants/needs, it just hasn`t been out long enough for a legit long-term test. Anyone have any input?
    BMW M240i | Mineral White | Coral Red

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Carpro Essence Plus the best nonabrasive durable coating with semi-permanant fillers?

Do you have a paint gauge that you can use to sort of estimate how much paint you have on the car?

Seems like you are just experiencing the typical terrible paint used by Honda. I see a few at the parking lot at my job.

Essence has a light cut to it and can fill. Same with the new Gyeon Primer polish other than it not filling. Essence+ will fill to a point but I noticed it`s hydrophobic properties start to degrade within the 3 month time frame. So it occasionally needs a topper like Reload or something similar.

You could lightly polish it and then just coat it as well. As long as you are satisfied with the way it looks who cares if you don`t get 95% correction.

Here are some new videos from Autogeek that have some good info on Gyeon`s polishes and Gyeon Can Coat

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SpeedFreak liked this post

Thread Information