Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Essence PLUS vs. PBL coating booster

In a few weeks I will be working on the Porsche GT3 I did a full correction and coating with PBL V.2 on almost a year ago. I haven`t seen it since, but want to do something more than simply a wash and decon.

I was looking at using Essence PLUS, but the directions say to use exclusively with gloss pads(of which I have none). Has anyone used Essence PLUS, particularly on PBL and/or with non-CarPro pads? I use the BnS Uro-Tec pads.

Alternatively, I could use the PBL coating booster, but would like to hear from someone who has used it, if it is any good, before purchasing and using.

I`m open to any other ideas on what to do with this car!
    Current: Nothing

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX, 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essence PLUS vs. PBL coating booster

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGuy21 View Post
    In a few weeks I will be working on the Porsche GT3 I did a full correction and coating with PBL V.2 on almost a year ago. I haven`t seen it since, but want to do something more than simply a wash and decon.

I was looking at using Essence PLUS, but the directions say to use exclusively with gloss pads(of which I have none). Has anyone used Essence PLUS, particularly on PBL and/or with non-CarPro pads? I use the BnS Uro-Tec pads.

Alternatively, I could use the PBL coating booster, but would like to hear from someone who has used it, if it is any good, before purchasing and using.

I`m open to any other ideas on what to do with this car!
    pbl coating booster is nice.
    worth the price? i duno...cure is nice too
    id go with cure over pbl coating booster in most situations but since car has pbl on it..why not?

that bottle will last you much longer than you think

on the other hand...
    ive been itching to use my essence plus since last year

Brandt K.
    Likes ViperGuy21 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think you can use Essence Plus with any non-mechanical cutting pad/ finishing pad.

the Guz review on Essence Plus - https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ence-plus.html Looks like he used a white Rupes finishing pad.
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    pbl coating booster is nice.
    worth the price? i duno...cure is nice too
    id go with cure over pbl coating booster in most situations but since car has pbl on it..why not?

that bottle will last you much longer than you think

on the other hand...
    ive been itching to use my essence plus since last year
    Was hoping to hear from you since I know you`ve used a decent amount of PBL

Thanks for the feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I think you can use Essence Plus with any non-mechanical cutting pad/ finishing pad.

the Guz review on Essence Plus - https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ence-plus.html Looks like he used a white Rupes finishing pad.
    Ah! Thanks for that!

I was looking for a thread like that, but didn`t find it.

This is going to be a tricky decision as I haven`t seen the car since detailing it, and won`t see it again until its time to do the work, so I don`t know if there`s much marring and swirling to it....

Post Thanks / Like

Was hoping to hear from you since I know you`ve used a decent amount of PBL

Thanks for the feedback!
    it doesnt last 6 months but its super easy to use and the sprayer atomizes it very nicely for application

spreads further than cure for sure..best to apply with lc coating applicator...spray on panel and spread with applicator

Brandt K.
    Thanks ViperGuy21 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

IMO the booster beads better than pbl, lol

Brandt K.
    Thanks ViperGuy21 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

How about a little Polish Angel High Gloss over the PBL? I used Essence Plus a few weeks ago and I didn`t notice much of a difference. I didn`t see any change in gloss. I had been using ECHO2 mixed with SiO2 to maintain CQuartz (with some PA High Gloss on occasion) so there might have been no real need to use Essence Plus except for me wanting to see what it does. Players got to play. Lol.
    Likes NLove liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    How about a little Polish Angel High Gloss over the PBL? I used Essence Plus a few weeks ago and I didn`t notice much of a difference. I didn`t see any change in gloss. I had been using ECHO2 mixed with SiO2 to maintain CQuartz (with some PA High Gloss on occasion) so there might have been no real need to use Essence Plus except for me wanting to see what it does. Players got to play. Lol.
    My main motivation for this is to rejuvenate the characteristics some. High Gloss would be awesome, but it`s just too expensive for me ATM.

Post Thanks / Like

My main motivation for this is to rejuvenate the characteristics some. High Gloss would be awesome, but it`s just too expensive for me ATM.
    I just checked my bottle
    keep in mind I bought this bottle in the pbl maintenance kit back before v2 was even out.
    I have used it at least 10 times on my car and several more times on my truck and other vehicles, even used it twice as lsp over essence

I just checked it and I`m at the top of the d in Diamond and keep in mind this is an 8oz bottle

edit...if you could snag this on % sale its a really good buy if you use pbl, IMO
    but i like cure over this for easier application since I don`t have to use sparingly like this

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked my bottle
    keep in mind I bought this bottle in the pbl maintenance kit back before v2 was even out.
    I have used it at least 10 times on my car and several more times on my truck and other vehicles, even used it twice as lsp over essence

I just checked it and I`m at the top of the d in Diamond and keep in mind this is an 8oz bottle

edit...if you could snag this on % sale its a really good buy if you use pbl, IMO
    but i like cure over this for easier application since I don`t have to use sparingly like this
    Thanks Brandt!

I think I will go with this!

Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brandt!

I think I will go with this!
    free shipping over 50 and free gift sale right now on ACC

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

free shipping over 50 and free gift sale right now on ACC
    Idk if I`ll catch this sale, cause I got some other products to decide on, but I`m sure there will be another before mid may when I go down to work on the cars

Post Thanks / Like

I use the PBL Booster as well. Quite frankly, it just seems to me like a diluted version of the coating - maybe cut with more isopropyl.

It seems not much easier to apply perfectly on a dark car than the coating. The benefit is oz per oz it`s much cheaper & a little goes a long way. But, if the car is dark - you have to be conscious of high spots, streaks, etc... if your picky like me.

I`m not 100% sold on the PBL coating line yet. While it has excellent beading - it seems that beading falls off FAST on lower panels exposed to road sludge. But, it`s going to take more time with me playing with it to come up with a conclusion 100% either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I use the PBL Booster as well. Quite frankly, it just seems to me like a diluted version of the coating - maybe cut with more isopropyl.

It seems not much easier to apply perfectly on a dark car than the coating. The benefit is oz per oz it`s much cheaper & a little goes a long way. But, if the car is dark - you have to be conscious of high spots, streaks, etc... if your picky like me.

I`m not 100% sold on the PBL coating line yet. While it has excellent beading - it seems that beading falls off FAST on lower panels exposed to road sludge. But, it`s going to take more time with me playing with it to come up with a conclusion 100% either way.
    I love pbl/mckees as an INTRO coating.. to get one`s feet wet...I am actually offereing free pbl (until the bottle empties) to any client who books a compound/polish...simply to get rid of it and increase chances of selling that package (as most people only wanna pay for light AIO type polishing)

I am testing it next to CSL and CSL+EXOv2 on my truck and the comparison is quite laughable, and makes me feel bad for pbl but it is what it is I guess

synergy and the coating booster are my fav pbl products.. synergy is some good stuff- I like it much more than the coatings

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information