Post Thanks / Like

Another FK1000P Question

Had a chance to use FK1000P for the first time. I really didn`t have any problems with removal as some individuals have stated. I have no problem with the look even though the car is black. I actually think it looks great. My main concern is its durability and its ability to protect against water etching, insect guts, and bird bombs.

Could I expect any increase in protection if I were to lay down a coat of Duragloss 105 first and the top it with 2 coats of FK1000P? I have had some pretty good durability with the 105 by itself. Is there any other LSP that anyone would recommend as a base before the FK1000P is applied that would enhance its characteristics even more?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another FK1000P Question

If you`re looking to enhance looks, I would put a wax over it.

If you`re looking for something with more protection, then head for a coating as fk is pretty darn tough as nails.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes PRND[S] liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

FK1000P is as good as a non-coating LSP gets. You need to look no further unless you go with a coating; it`s super durable, protective, and an extremely good value for the money

Post Thanks / Like

If you already have DG105, go ahead with your plan. Two winters ago, I did DG501/601, DG105, then FK1000p as my winter prep for a black DD parked outside 24/7. It lasted well into spring before I refreshed it just `cause I was feeling guilty.
    Here`s a shot taken in mid-April, after I did a thorough washing, six months after the initial application.

Bill
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

bswombaugh- I doubt it`d make a diff one way or the other, so IMO you oughta just do whatever you want. Hey, if it`ll give you additional peace of mind then go for it. If, OTOH, you`d rather not bother, then I doubt you`re missing anything. I myself would just add another coat of the FK after a wash or three.

Oh, and I`m really glad you like the look OK! Its appearance on dark colors grew on me, but I never expect other Autopians to be satisfied with it on Black. But hey...plenty like Zaino on black and it`s the same sorta look IMO.

Thread Information