Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Second Coat Of Wax (or not): A Test

Billy Jack - I hear ya with the DG combo`s. I really like 501, 105, 101 and 111 and use them often. Don`t see many folks using 101 or 111 anymore. Any one of them works with 845 in any sequence. I can get a lot of durability out of 3 coats of 105 or 111 (which is nearly a pure sealant) and a hit of Aquawax every 2 or 3 weeks.
    Likes Billy Jack, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    Billy Jack - I hear ya with the DG combo`s. I really like 501, 105, 101 and 111 and use them often. Don`t see many folks using 101 or 111 anymore. Any one of them works with 845 in any sequence. I can get a lot of durability out of 3 coats of 105 or 111 (which is nearly a pure sealant) and a hit of Aquawax every 2 or 3 weeks.
    Agreed. Anyone who says layering is a waste of time and effort hasn`t played around with DG stuff. I`ve got a black DD, so three seasons of the year will find me using Natty`s, Blackfire, Wolfgang, Pinnacle etc., but come November it`s all about Collinite and Duragloss.

Bill
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m along for the ride. Thanks for doing the test. I`m going to have to fall on the side of the solvents in the second coat will remove the wax in the first coat. I`ve used wax to remove tar. But a second coating is the best way to insure an even coat or complete coverage, so that is my "excuse" for wax wasting!

Layering a wax over a sealant should not remove a cured sealant. I can`t prove this, but in theory a sealant is more durable than a wax. There are too many variables to say anything about "all waxes" or "all sealants" since every formula is different.
    Likes WaxAddict, felixthecat, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Cool test. ...
    of the three, which did you find easiest to apply/remove?
    It`s a 3-way tie. If someone said "wax my car and I don`t care what you use", I`d probably reach for Natty`s unless Pete`s 53 was on a closer shelf. 476 is "easy" but not the pleasure of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Interesting talking about layering waxes, anyone had a chance to watch this detalks...
    That video is one of my motivations for this test.

Quote Originally Posted by Never Enuff View Post
    "Our detailing Pro`s have experienced every paint protection combo"
    LOL.... Mitchell & King over Beauty Shine over Banana Armour?

Thanks for the comments and reading everyone!
    Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

What are the zaino offerings considered? Glazes? Zaino has always been about the more coats you put on, the better it gets.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely looking forward to the results of this test. Can you do another with some of the popular WOWO`s? I have P21S, Pinnacle Souveran and Wofgang Fuzion in my cabinet. Never layered any of them but if it`s beneficial I will!
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjgraniero View Post
    Definitely looking forward to the results of this test. Can you do another with some of the popular WOWO`s? I have P21S, Pinnacle Souveran and Wofgang Fuzion in my cabinet. Never layered any of them but if it`s beneficial I will!
    Great products along w/ Petes53 & Natty`s wax. Great to see that comparo/review w/ the above. I`d think as long as you have great coverage your good w/ one coat. You know your going to do it again later on anyhow.
    Likes Poorboy, mjgraniero, WaxAddict liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    I`d think as long as you have great coverage your good w/ one coat. You know your going to do it again later on anyhow.
    It `s like eating one Potato Chip, one Tater Tot, one Hot Dog w/ Onion Sauce just plan on more
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll confess, I`m a believer in the "give it a second coat in a week (or 24 hours or whatever)" I did just that with my little "test" of McKee`s 37 Coating on the driver`s side of my car and Meguiar`s Fast Finish on the passenger side. Two coats, one week apart. So far I can say that application of the 2nd coat went easier than the 1st coat (as hard to believe as that is with these two products - they`re so EASY to begin with). And the car looks awesome.

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

I whole heartedly need this test. To prove why, I need to wax my Vehicles so often. I can only watch so many episodes of Fixer Upper and other HG/TV shows. Before, I have to escape to the garage. The wife already thinks I am crazy.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

mjgraniero- For the P21s and Souveran (never tried the Fusion), you might oughta do some sort of spit-shining to get the max potential layering.

Heh heh...compare the ingredients of old-school shoe polish with what`s in conventional/old-school waxes. If layering and spit-shining didn`t work then it wouldn`t work on footwear...but it does, absolutely positively certainly.
    Likes mjgraniero liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    mjgraniero- For the P21s and Souveran (never tried the Fusion), you might oughta do some sort of spit-shining to get the max potential layering.

Heh heh...compare the ingredients of old-school shoe polish with what`s in conventional/old-school waxes. If layering and spit-shining didn`t work then it wouldn`t work on footwear...but it does, absolutely positively certainly.
    As a frequent spit shiner I can tell you it`s more about the "spit" than the wax. I learned how to spit shine correctly from some of the remaining Vietnam Vets that were still around. Ice water and Kiwi. One coat of Kiwi and buff with ice water and a cotton ball. I did this to the toes and heels of my Corcoran boots and the shine was outstanding. Too much Kiwi will cloud up. I don`t know if it is the same on paint, but there are some members that put PBs SW in the refrigerator before spraying on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    but there are some members that put PBs SW in the refrigerator before spraying on.
    SG - Spray and Gloss
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes rlmccarty2000, 512detail liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    SG - Spray and Gloss
    My bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that settles it. Guess I`m putting another coat of Souveran on tomorrow when the weather breaks... Anybody have a bridge they want to sell me???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information