Thread: Nanolex Shield

Post Thanks / Like

Nanolex Shield

I purchased the Nanolex last April/May. I applied to my wife DD a 2009 Acura MDX in pearl white. Her MDX is in MINT shape and after a one step polish, it was onto the coating.

I really liked the look of the Shield and it was super easy to apply. Main difference between this and all the other coatings I have used it that you apply the hood, let settle and wipe high spots, and then immediately apply 2nd coat to the hood. So its 2 costs right away, on each surface then move to the next panel and repeat. No big deal, just different than I am used to is all.

It looks great on, but the best part is the fact that it creates such a non stick surface. I was reminded to come post this because my wife`s car was bird bombed horribly over the 4th of July Holiday by a bird that had an affection with blue/red berries from the looks of it. When I got home, I dreaded getting them off the hood and roof. I decided not to drag the hose out at 2AM and just use some ONR and MF`s to get them off the best I could. They had been baked on in the sun all day so I was expecting to have to soak them, leave a wet MF on them and then wipe after a while. As I squirted the mess with ONR it started to break up, I wiped it with a MF gently and it literally jumped off the paint. This was the exact case for all of them.

I was really impressed the next morning to find no marring from the clean up, no etching from the BB and no staining from the mixed in berries.

I don`t see a lot of talk on detailing forums about Nanolex or Shield, but its a super coating that looks good, is very protective and easy to apply.

I am sorry I have not posted this sooner but my Photobucket account is and has been problematic !

I have had trouble with it and now they don`t allow 3rd party linking.

Anyone have a good lead on a company where I can host pics to post on forums (for free) ?

Thanks
    Likes Tc99m, mg031 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanolex Shield

Nanolex is a very good coating. SiShield and Si3D. I apply 2 coats back to back as you mention.. I wipe the coating in until barely visible, and then wipe residue with microfiber then do again and then on to the next panel. As a bonus I also have SiFinish and use to maintain or protect while curing - it is like reload but way better IMO. Very slick and durable finish.
    Likes Mbkite liked this post

Thread Information