Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite 915 and 476 Side-By-Side Comparo

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Maybe do a 476 and other wax 50/50 and find out if it is really the vehicle itself ?.

Dave
    Good idea. I think the top panels (hood, roof) are getting scalding hot. On vertical panels, I have Natty`s, which is holding up, I think because it gets much less sun.

on a prior test, on the roof, I had 4 waxes that just "turned off" all at roughly the same time. It was 915, Lusso, BoS, and Blue Velvet Pro. Pollen also plays a much bigger role on the horizontal surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Good idea. I think the top panels (hood, roof) are getting scalding hot. On vertical panels, I have Natty`s, which is holding up, I think because it gets much less sun.

on a prior test, on the roof, I had 4 waxes that just "turned off" all at roughly the same time. It was 915, Lusso, BoS, and Blue Velvet Pro. Pollen also plays a much bigger role on the horizontal surfaces.
    Yes I remember that test and if the heat and pollen are taking them out what would be the alternative. In my little pea brain I would assume what ever would be used may have it`s life shortened greatly and that includes fk1000. I did a test in the Phoenix area between 476 and fk on the wife`s headlights and they yellowed within a week of each other so I saw no significant advantage of one or the other. Then there are the coatings but I would think the same effect would eventually happen. Alternative: re-wax / seal hood,roof,deck lid once a month. I remember doing the prescription analysis on Meguiars site at one time and it recommended waxing monthly somewhere around the years of 2000-2002. All of this is just my .02 cents.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

7.5 weeks. This is shocking. David, weren`t you getting 9+ months in AZ?
    How long you away davidC? Did you retire?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    7.5 weeks. This is shocking. David, weren`t you getting 9+ months in AZ?
    How long you away davidC? Did you retire?
    Yes but I was also doing DG 932 washes weekly 99% of the time also which may have helped boost the Collinite. Up here in beautiful 90 mile an hour wind Minot,ND probably until Nov. or Dec. Right now it looks like the Daughter will give birth of the first Grand Baby on both sides in early November. I definately do not want to be here when winter hits, had enough of that in my younger years. After the tri-level neck fusion it became apparent there was no way I could continue doing my job so now retired at 63. I do not miss the temps you are having right now tho.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Yes but I was also doing DG 932 washes weekly 99% of the time also which may have helped boost the Collinite. Up here in beautiful 90 mile an hour wind Minot,ND probably until Nov. or Dec. Right now it looks like the Daughter will give birth of the first Grand Baby on both sides in early November. I definately do not want to be here when winter hits, had enough of that in my younger years. After the tri-level neck fusion it became apparent there was no way I could continue doing my job so now retired at 63. I do not miss the temps you are having right now tho.

Dave
    I`m 62 and thinking about it too. Congrats on the Grand child. I just have to get my daughter through graduate school (Aug this year) and my son left after he was drafted by the Seattle Mariners. I don`t have the `fire in the belly` any more. Maybe we should start a part time detailing business LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I`m 62 and thinking about it too. Congrats on the Grand child. I just have to get my daughter through graduate school (Aug this year) and my son left after he was drafted by the Seattle Mariners. I don`t have the `fire in the belly` any more. Maybe we should start a part time detailing business LOL.
    PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

Long time Collinite user and distributor here.
    According to the two Mikes at Collinite 915 and 476 are basically the same product, 915 was their attempt to get into boutique detailing products, they only thing they added was the coconut scent.
    If you want more product for your money just get a tin of their 885 FleetWax instead of the 476 ! Remember Collinite was in the boating business long before coming out with their automotive line of products.

Collinite 915 and 476 Side-By-Side Comparo-885site.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, *slightly* different experience with the two Mikes...rather than saying the only diff was the scent, they told *me* that 915 has a higher carnauba content and thus a different look and decreased durability. But then this was right around the time they were reformulating for the VOC regs, so maybe that factors in.

They did say that exact same thing about wanting to offer a Boutique product, and/but said they use the 476S/885 on their own cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere you switched over to FK 1000P ?
    I want to get my hands on a tin to try, but seems like no one in Canada carries it nor does FK ship internationally.

Post Thanks / Like

EdLancer- Heh heh, I go on so much about FK1000P that when I read "I read somewhere that.." I wonder if you`re teasin`

Yeah, I`ve switched from Collinite to the FK1000P for everything except that underneath stuff on the one Audi. That car *did* look better with the 476S, but I needed the additional benefits of the FK.

Huh, seems funny that it`s hard to find in Canada, but eh...what do I know about that?!?

I wonder if they slightly different stories they told us are just a matter of how Things Always Change...when did you talk with them? For me it was back before the VOC regs kicked in (bought a case of pre-VOC 476S that I`ll never use up ).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    EdLancer- Heh heh, I go on so much about FK1000P that when I read "I read somewhere that.." I wonder if you`re teasin`

Yeah, I`ve switched from Collinite to the FK1000P for everything except that underneath stuff on the one Audi. That car *did* look better with the 476S, but I needed the additional benefits of the FK.

Huh, seems funny that it`s hard to find in Canada, but eh...what do I know about that?!?

I wonder if they slightly different stories they told us are just a matter of how Things Always Change...when did you talk with them? For me it was back before the VOC regs kicked in (bought a case of pre-VOC 476S that I`ll never use up ).
    I just wish someone made an FK1000P that applied as easily and reliably as 845. I still have occasions where I apply FK1000P and its done for in two weeks. Other times it lasts 3+ months. The thing I love about 1000P is it does what all the coatings say they do (but really don`t).

Post Thanks / Like

If I recall it was around spring 2005.
    I sold out most of my Collinite inventory and with the horrible Canadian exchange rate haven`t ordered much in the past year.
    I still have a stash of Meg`s #16 for my own collection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The thing I love about 1000P is it does what all the coatings say they do (but really don`t).
    Wow that sounds encouraging ! ...LoL

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- I still find it *SO* odd that your FK1000P experiences can vary so much! More of that YMMV stuff...

I can`t really compare it coatings as I`ve only used those on wheels, but it really is simply amazing to me how well it lasts, protects, and sheds dirt...never used any LSP that does those things as well, certainly not with just 2-3 coats.

Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer View Post
    If I recall it was around spring 2005...
    OK, IIRC that was a bit after I talked with them.

..I still have a stash of Meg`s #16 for my own collection
    Same here, but I keep hoping somebody will buy it all. Sold a tin or two on ebay and a little more to some Autopians but still have way too much left

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- I still find it *SO* odd that your FK1000P experiences can vary so much! More of that YMMV stuff...

I can`t really compare it coatings as I`ve only used those on wheels, but it really is simply amazing to me how well it lasts, protects, and sheds dirt...never used any LSP that does those things as well, certainly not with just 2-3 coats.
    Yeah, I wish I could narrow it down to what is causing the issue because I simply love the results. Dirt and bugs just do not stick to the stuff. Washing is just fun. I don`t have those moments of "hmm, can I get away with scrubbing this a bit more or should I leave it and get it with bug remover later?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information