Arrow Gallon size HYDRO BLUE is out.

McKee

HYDRO BLUE
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gallon size HYDRO BLUE is out.

Not interested... Correct me if I`m wrong, but I believe someone did a comparison of the cost of these type of products oz for oz in RTU form and this one was the most costly. Now it may be less expensive to buy the gallon - but why aren`t they selling this as a concentrate? You know most of what is in that gallon bottle isn`t active ingredients - but water.

Seems like it would be cheaper to package, cheaper to make, cheaper to ship, and cheaper to buy.

Or maybe, someone out there can fill me in why I am wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if these products are just re branded Permanon? I love that stuff-expensive to buy in concentrate, tolerable to use at 5ML or 10ML per litter, and so easy to apply. Spray on hose off.

Only last 4-8 weeks depending on use of vehicle for for the time invested, I am a user. Ditto for Can Coat, PA Engine and Super sport.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered my gallon yesterday. I personally don`t mind the extra bit of money for a RTU. For the past several months I have had issues with hydro2 spotting etc. No matter the dilution ratios or in a cool shady spot.

I don`t have any issues with Hydro Blue at all. Less time removing spots equals more money.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Not interested... Correct me if I`m wrong, but I believe someone did a comparison of the cost of these type of products oz for oz in RTU form and this one was the most costly. Now it may be less expensive to buy the gallon - but why aren`t they selling this as a concentrate? You know most of what is in that gallon bottle isn`t active ingredients - but water.

Seems like it would be cheaper to package, cheaper to make, cheaper to ship, and cheaper to buy.

Makes perfect sense. I do however think it is definitely worth the price for RTU since it works so darn well. I am with Justin, I have had so much splotching with Hydro2 over the past year and a half that I stopped using it.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice if they offered both the RTU and the concentrate, like CarPro, so we could choose. For the record, I`ve never encountered any problems with CarPro Hydro2 or Hydro2lite. Could be I`m just lucky. I think that most errors while using these type products come from paint being contaminated by wax or other contaminates. If the paint is free from contaminates and Hydro2 is sprayed on and rinsed panel by panel there is a less likely probability of a problem. I`ve even used it in direct sun with no problems, but I do cool the panels with water before application.

On a side note, I wonder if there is really a huge difference in ingredients in any of the Hydro2 type products? I`ve even used the one that I believe is the original made by Tacsystems called Water Glass. Anyone ever looked at the MSDS list for any of these products?

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed this too. Works out to be pretty inexpensive per ounce, but the overall cost is something hard to swallow. On the other hand, look at it this way. Let`s say you apply Wolfgang Uber Ceramic to your car, and it in fact lasts the stated 3 years. You buy a single syringe at the AG price of $129.00, which is stated to stretch to three mid-sized sedans. That`s $43.00 per car

Typical use of silica sprays is about 3 oz per mid-sized sedan..

Let`s be liberal and say Hydro Blue SiO2 spray lasts the stated 3 months, which is equivalent to 12 applications in 3 years. You use approximately 3 oz of spray per car. That`s 36 oz of Hydro Blue over a 3 year period for similar protection and shine (OK, not exactly the same, but I`m stretching a bit). 36/128oz = 28%, and 28% of $79.99 is $22.40 -- about 1/2 the cost of Uber Ceramic for a single vehicle. If you reduce Hydro Blue to 2 months life, then that`s 18 applications in 3 years, or 54 oz of Hydro Blue, which ends up being $33.74. Still cheaper than Uber Ceramic.

Ok. Ok. Hydro Blue lasts only 1 month. 36 applications over 3 years. $67.50. Ouch....the cost of Gyeon Prime, but still cheaper than a lot of other coatings.

I think it`s all about perspective.

A few pints deep...math right?

Post Thanks / Like

I would think only selling a RTU is more profitable for the vendor no? More you have to use, faster, and they make the money diluting the concentrate. While a concentrate is better for us end users, these companies are still in business to make money.

Post Thanks / Like

Gallon size HYDRO BLUE is out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post
    I would think only selling a RTU is more profitable for the vendor no? More you have to use, faster, and they make the money diluting the concentrate. While a concentrate is better for us end users, these companies are still in business to make money.
    I guess so. But I`m not the vendor. I`m too picky to use any of these products on paint. I use HydroFoam from CarPro to clean and coat my wheels in 1 step. I love this stuff. It`s a luxury - but worth it. I have 100ml of Hydro2 sitting on my shelf I will probably never use. If I`m going to LSP me car - I`m not going for a product like this.

To the guy that asked if these were the same as Permanon - the answer is no. Without even going into Hydro2 - HydroFoam is significantly more durable than Permanon. Permanon sucked for longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Permanon sucked for longevity.
    One of my most disappointing purchases - ever.

Post Thanks / Like

RTU is definitely cheaper than concentrate. That = profit. Capitalizing on convenience! There is no clear cut ratio of what it would be diluted to could be 10:1 could be 7:1. Doubt it`s much stronger than 5:1 people have more issues at 3:1 to 4:1 with it causing streaks. The less concentrated the harder to make streak. Also spraying it on a wet car further dilutes it.

These really are a great item and technology but I guess car washes have been using spray wax and "clear coat" products for decades. Who knows if some of them are using something similar now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information