Good Bye

Back in April 2016 I applied McKee37 paint coating to my vehicle. I used CarPro Essence as the polish, followed by MK37 coating and topped with CarPro ReLoad. 8-9 months later.. the coating is finally fading.

When I applied this coating, I wanted to put it through real world testing. This vehicle is used a kid hauler, travel vehicle, and takes a beating during wife`s coupon trips. I would treat it as a "regular" person would and only wash it every so often (which was nice because having kids does not give you time to wash as often). Before this final wash, it had gone almost 2 months without a wash. During the 8-9 month span, I would sometimes wash it once every 2 weeks-1 month.

My typical wash consisted of Meguiars Hyper Wash, blow drying and sometimes using FK425 as a spot drying aid. The vehicle did get a boost from Nanolex WashCoat around the 4 month mark. Besides FK425 and Nanolex Wash Coat, it has not seen any other type of LSP or boosters. I don`t even think FK425 really adds much protection anyways.

Conditions the vehicle would go through is your typical southeast Texas weather. Hot, humid, rainy, pollen and lots of bugs. The vehicle does have a garage but sees the road pretty often. Once or twice a month I would take a hour and half long trip to Houston, which include country roads and interstate 10. I took a trip a month or so ago to Dallas and clocked close to 1000 miles total. I think in totals mile since coating has been applied would be 11k-12k miles.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I enjoyed McKee37 paint coating very much. I started using MK37 coating on most of the vehicles I polish. I find that is quicker to apply then a wax/sealant, don`t have to worry about staining trim and will probably outlast any wax/sealant. The cost is low ($35), it is very easy to use, 1 bottle will do about 5-6 vehicles, and it is quite hydrophobic.