Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final thoughts/good bye on McKee37 paint coating

I wonder how the new CarPro Essence Plus would work on the McKees Coating now? If you have some could you try it out on the hood just to experiment?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I wonder how the new CarPro Essence Plus would work on the McKees Coating now? If you have some could you try it out on the hood just to experiment?
    wish i had some to try. i may have to order some to play with.

the vehicle will be sitting as is until i figure out which product combos i want to try next. not even sure how much longer i want to keep the vehicle itself lol

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried WG Uber ceramic?

I have this impression that the thicker forms of coatings (C1, Gyeon Mohs, WG Uber, etc.) just last a heck of a lot longer than these more volatile spray coatings (PBL, McKee`s, DP). My experience with these types of coatings on DD is >1y with regular maintenance.
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    wish i had some to try. i may have to order some to play with.

the vehicle will be sitting as is until i figure out which product combos i want to try next. not even sure how much longer i want to keep the vehicle itself lol
    don i could priority mail you 2oz wednesday. we`re both in tx you should get it by this wknd id imagine if not sooner

i have yet to try it myself

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    i tried nanoskin fine grade sponge and 3d bdx iron remover. nothing helped it
    i wonder if the nanoskin removed it if it was done first. I just don`t see Mcybeing that durable but that`s just me.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read. I still have a bottle of the org. DP paint coating along with the DP coating prep. I recall it was great to work with, looked good at first, but just did not last. Think I had better results with the DP POLI COAT Paint sealant I used this past spring. And with the cleaners and bonding agent in it already, I got fantastic results for a 1-step. I was going thru my stuff over vacation, and ran across the DP paint coating. I was thinking of giving it another shot this spring, using the DP coating prep first of course. Dont know. Because the DP POLI COAT paint sealant produced really great results. Followed up with GRIOTS SPRAY WAX after each wash. Xterra looked good and was protected all summer. And did another coat before this winter.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if you didn`t do any LSPs in the 9 months period, would it have faded sooner? Also interested to know if it will come back after a decon step.

For $35, I think its amazing value to last 9 months. I would even apply it on cars without polishing. For my references, MSRP for a 500ml of reload is $35 and that is advertised to last 6 months so the paint coating is definitely better value
    Check out my Youtube Channel!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zelfiris View Post
    For my references, MSRP for a 500ml of reload is $35 and that is advertised to last 6 months so the paint coating is definitely better value
    Better value + less headaches
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post

I have this impression that the thicker forms of coatings (C1, Gyeon Mohs, WG Uber, etc.) just last a heck of a lot longer than these more volatile spray coatings (PBL, McKee`s, DP). My experience with these types of coatings on DD is >1y with regular maintenance.
    i have WG Uber but have not tried it. i been using kenotek leather AIO a lot lately! its been impressing me. still need to do a review on it vs opt protect plus

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    don i could priority mail you 2oz wednesday. we`re both in tx you should get it by this wknd id imagine if not sooner

i have yet to try it myself
    thanks for the offer! think im just gonna order myself a bottle. its nice to have on hand and carpro products have always impressed me

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    i wonder if the nanoskin removed it if it was done first. I just don`t see Mcybeing that durable but that`s just me.
    i think i tried nanoskin first then BDX. i can try BDX only on the other panels during my next wash. i doubt itll have any change but it wouldnt hurt to try a few squirts

Quote Originally Posted by Zelfiris View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if you didn`t do any LSPs in the 9 months period, would it have faded sooner? Also interested to know if it will come back after a decon step.

For $35, I think its amazing value to last 9 months. I would even apply it on cars without polishing. For my references, MSRP for a 500ml of reload is $35 and that is advertised to last 6 months so the paint coating is definitely better value
    i think it would last the same amount. ReLoad and WashCoat arent really durable LSPs imo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Only 9 months? Seems disappointing since it`s supposed to last 2 years. I didn`t have great luck with PBL, either as it only lasted 6 or so on my mom`s car.
    Well that sucks. I sprung for a bottle of V2 I plan on installing in the next couple weeks. I expect to get at least a year out of it (bare minimum). I will be reviewing it as well. If it sux, I won`t be happy & will be seeking a refund.

Unlike others though, I plan on following the installation instructions the manufacturer recommends, using the Pinnacle paint polish before hand.

We will see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I wondet if applying Mckees over the essence was the issue on the durability. I`m guessing the manufacturer would say that since they recommend applying to a "clean" surface. Only way to know is to do a side by side comparison on same car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post

I have this impression that the thicker forms of coatings (C1, Gyeon Mohs, WG Uber, etc.)
    If you want thick, give Kamikaze ISM a try. Stuff is like spreading honey. WG Uber is like water in comparison. Final thoughts/good bye on McKee37 paint coating

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with using essence plus IMO is it`s gonna take on the characteristics of that and give you false sense of the mckees is still working. Just like all the scenarios of needing a topper every couple weeks for these other coatings. Sure there may be a coating there still but you are just using toppers and seeing those effects.

If the decon wash like iron x and reset didn`t work then it`s likely gone anyways. Essense plus is just gonna be your LSP and make people believe mckees still is working. It`s not you could get temp beading just washing it and spraying reload on it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don, that`s kind of a shame if the lifespan is really that brief. Maybe the product is just so new that no one could offer an objective evaluation. 9 months would be completely unacceptable - - I wouldn`t bother with it. With that said, I did about 1/2 of my daily driver with it a number of months ago. I`ll tell ya, it still looks great and is beading almost like it was freshly applied. IIRC, I used DP`s Coating Prep polish.

In terms of shear longevity, Cquartz UK would still be my top product. It`s still going strong a couple years later on two of my cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Problem with using essence plus IMO is it`s gonna take on the characteristics of that and give you false sense of the mckees is still working. Just like all the scenarios of needing a topper every couple weeks for these other coatings. Sure there may be a coating there still but you are just using toppers and seeing those effects.

If the decon wash like iron x and reset didn`t work then it`s likely gone anyways. Essense plus is just gonna be your LSP and make people believe mckees still is working. It`s not you could get temp beading just washing it and spraying reload on it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting...never thought of it that way but it makes sense if coating longevity is not as advertised. Hmmm...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information