Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: removing water spots from Gtechniq C1

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    I used Carpro Spotless with success and surface is still hydrophobic. I got DP Coating on mine.
    maybe I let the spot remover sit too long on the surface? I still like the coating for the price

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    maybe I let the spot remover sit too long on the surface? I still like the coating for the price
    What was your process? I washed my paint and applied while still wet then basically massaged it on the paint instead of spraying/spread/dwell I did spraying/spread/gently worked on surface, slow enough to where it could dwell a bit yet be moved around and if I recall correctly,I rinsed within a minute .

I just double checked the label and it does not state dwelling as part of the process,instead it states to work in the surface with media, so maybe it did sit a bit too long in your case?

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t edit posts while on my tablet so I`d like to add that I was very worried Spotless was going to remove or weaken the coating but it held up well,and I even sprayed Megs Wheel Brightener as an attempt to remove the spots (before I purchased Spotless) in a small area to test out and didn`t see any negative effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    What was your process? I washed my paint and applied while still wet then basically massaged it on the paint instead of spraying/spread/dwell I did spraying/spread/gently worked on surface, slow enough to where it could dwell a bit yet be moved around and if I recall correctly,I rinsed within a minute .

I just double checked the label and it does not state dwelling as part of the process,instead it states to work in the surface with media, so maybe it did sit a bit too long in your case?
    I applied it on a dry paint. a few sprays and spread it out with MF applicator. let it dwell and wiped it off with a damp mf towel. when I wiped it off, notice it still had some spotting so I reapplied it in some areas. I did my final wipe down with Onr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    I applied it on a dry paint. a few sprays and spread it out with MF applicator. let it dwell and wiped it off with a damp mf towel. when I wiped it off, notice it still had some spotting so I reapplied it in some areas. I did my final wipe down with Onr
    I wonder if the wipe down VS. a thorough rinse may have anything to do with it?? I cannot compare since since I`ve only needed to use once and I rinsed the car thoroughly after use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information