Post Thanks / Like

CarPro CQuartz Questions

I`ve never read the uses for CarPro CQuartz, but it looks like this product can be used on almost any surface. I was thinking it was only for paint since CarPro sells other products specifically for glass, plastic, etc. what is everyone`s take on this? Is CQuartz basically relabeled so people will buy different/more products? I`ve often wondered about this on other coatings also, as in PBLs Paint, Glass, and Wheel coatings. I don`t want to stir up a hornets nest, but has anyone tried glass coatings on paint or vice versa?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro CQuartz Questions

I`ve used PBL/DP "paint coating" on glass and wheels.

CQ UK, I put on my old wheels.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer products designed for one purpose as far as coatings go. Do yourself a favor and look at Gyeon

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been researching Geyon, TAC Systems, and CarPro. Their lineup is almost identical. I have no idea about the chemical compositions. I ordered some TAC Quartz since Reload flopped for me. I will order Geyon Cure soon as Autopia starts stocking it. If a company says their product works on all surfaces I`m hoping they tested it on said surfaces. For me, it is always good to find a product that can be used in multiple ways. I`ve had good success with most of the CarPro product line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I`ve been researching Geyon, TAC Systems, and CarPro. Their lineup is almost identical. I have no idea about the chemical compositions. I ordered some TAC Quartz since Reload flopped for me. I will order Geyon Cure soon as Autopia starts stocking it. If a company says their product works on all surfaces I`m hoping they tested it on said surfaces. For me, it is always good to find a product that can be used in multiple ways. I`ve had good success with most of the CarPro product line.
    GYEON Q2M Cure - 400 ml
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I too like TAC Systems Quartz Max. Need to reorder soon. May try the Geyon version next.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

From listening to the optimum synergy podcast, Dr. G had mentioned that gloss coat and opti coat pro are not to be used on the front windshield due the abrasion from the wipers will remove it. Which is why he recommends the glass coating for the front windshield. Any other glass surface is fine with the paint coating.

I would think the same thing about CarPro.

From using DP Glass Coating, it seemed to hold up pretty well. Although I live in the land of no rain, it was on for about 15 months before I reapplied it just to reapply it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Wolfster, richy, mnehls86 liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So the abrasive action would remove Gloss coat and Opti coat, but not the Glass coat. Then the Glass coat must be made to go on thicker or slipperier or is a harder material. Of course I am guessing. I know some manufacturers say their coating must be sanded off to remove. Do any of the glass coatings come with a hardness rating like the paint coatings?

Post Thanks / Like

Like Guz said, CQ will be fine on the side and rear glass. If I`m doing a car with CQ and pulling the wheels, I would typically use it to coat the wheels as well. I use either Fly By or Forte for windshields.
    http://www.flawlessreflectionsautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve never read the uses for CarPro CQuartz, but it looks like this product can be used on almost any surface. I was thinking it was only for paint since CarPro sells other products specifically for glass, plastic, etc. what is everyone`s take on this? Is CQuartz basically relabeled so people will buy different/more products? I`ve often wondered about this on other coatings also, as in PBLs Paint, Glass, and Wheel coatings. I don`t want to stir up a hornets nest, but has anyone tried glass coatings on paint or vice versa?
    CQuartz (paint)and Dlux (plastic) is not the same formula, as Dlux will harden your applicatior after drying.
    Some of you may remember when GTecniq admitted that C1 (paint) and C4 (wheels) was the same product.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info on GTechniq. I`ve never used any of their products. I think (who knows) that many manufacturers just slap on a label to pad their bottom line. I`m surprised Chemical Guys haven`t relabeled their coating for wheels and glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    CQuartz (paint)and Dlux (plastic) is not the same formula, as Dlux will harden your applicatior after drying.
    Dlux sounds like the old version of Cquartz, that stuff would harden your applicator after a half hour, the new stuff doesn`t harden at all. I still need to get me son Dlux to try, I`ve just been putting Cquartz on trim and it works quite well thus far. I just did a Mercedes today that I put Cquartz on the wheels 4 months ago, it is still holding up fine.
    auto detailing arroyo grande
    Likes richy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Dlux sounds like the old version of Cquartz, that stuff would harden your applicator after a half hour, the new stuff doesn`t harden at all. I still need to get me son Dlux to try, I`ve just been putting Cquartz on trim and it works quite well thus far. I just did a Mercedes today that I put Cquartz on the wheels 4 months ago, it is still holding up fine.
    When using Dlux, thin is in. Do not use a foam brush, as it will lay to thick and you will not be able to remove or level it once it starts it`s curing process.

Thread Information