Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Viking Spritz (First Time)

I don`t mean for this to be a review by any stretch of the imagination. That said, I had a chance to try Polish Angel`s Viking Spritz today. This car sits in a garage and had a complete 3 bucket, pressure wash about 2 weeks ago and didn`t have 20 miles on it since then. I gave it a waterless wash using Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe, this car was not dirty.

After everything was said and done I felt a bit perplexed. I shook the living snot out of the product trying to get it to mix well but never did get all of the clumps out of the neck of the bottle. Seriously, I shook it for 15 minutes. The spray nozzle as others have mentioned is not something that can be dialed back sufficiently for a product that is called a Spritz. If this is the case with this product across the board, Polish Angel needs to get their stuff together, this is a high end product and the delviery of this product isn`t acceptable. Maybe it was just my bottle, heck, maybe it`s just me. I don`t know if this is just poor sprayer design or user error of if the clumps in the product affect the sprayer. I tried altering my technique but the blobs seemed to come at the first of the pull and the end with quick, slow, half or full pulls.

I tried, I really did, to get a fine mist but ultimately it kind of spurted/blurped out of the nozzle using more of the product than I felt necessary though not really covering sufficiently in other areas. I tried to kind of drag/push the product lightly across the panels to insure complete coverage and think I actually achieved this but all while using more product than I would have though sufficient. The product fragrance if that`s what you call it, kind of reminded me of shoe polish and the product looked kind of orange and muddy on the surface.

Now this all sounds really negative and perhaps it is. I ended up using between 1/4 and 1/3 of the bottle doing a Ford Edge all while trying to be frugal. This all said, the results are quite beautiful and the surface is very slick and getting more so as the hours pass. Can`t wait to see it in the morning. I really like the result but will admit that if I can`t find a way to more economically apply the product, I don`t see me using this product on a regular basis. Anyway, it`s all about performance and I like the finished product. I took a few pictures. I know these are in the shade and that only the sun tells the truth but I had read something, somewhere that recommended keeping it out of the sun for a few hours. I`ve looked it over very closely and have no doubt it will look equally as impressive in the sun.

I think that next time I`ll try to apply it using a microfiber applicator to insure coverage and not overusing the product and then wipe with a towel. For me the jury is out at this moment but I think I like it.

Spray pattern example:

Finished pics in the shade:

Attached Images Attached Images
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh, Angus, RaysWay, The Driver, tropicsteve and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Spritz (First Time)

It is definitely a different type substance than most spray products. I just do about a half trigger pull per panel while moving my arm and then spreading with the mf. I love the looks and beading though. Sort of similar to their wheel coating. You can sort of control the output with less than full trigger pulls once you get used to it.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSkip333 View Post
    It is definitely a different type substance than most spray products. I just do about a half trigger pull per panel while moving my arm and then spreading with the mf. I love the looks and beading though. Sort of similar to their wheel coating. You can sort of control the output with less than full trigger pulls once you get used to it.
    Thanks for the insight. I`m sure I`d get better distributing the product with practice but truth is, I shouldn`t need to. A sprayer shouldn`t be a trial an error experiment for the technically handicapped like myself , (actually I usually have a pretty fine touch). PA simply needs a more user friendly sprayer. I might be tempted to try a sprayer like BlackFire`s Crystal Seal, it mists well. It`s just too expensive of a product for something simple like this to be an issue.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Think it`s too thick to spray out of a different sprayer.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Think it`s too thick to spray out of a different sprayer.
    Ron, you`re probably right. I still think I`d try applying with an applicator next go round. It has gotten even more slippery since our last conversation. It`s a nice finish.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Ron, you`re probably right. I still think I`d try applying with an applicator next go round. It has gotten even more slippery since our last conversation. It`s a nice finish.
    I wouldn`t steer ya wrong.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I wouldn`t steer ya wrong.......
    But I want easy, economical and nice. I want it all. Too much to ask for?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Mutually exclusive

Post Thanks / Like

opti seal

Post Thanks / Like

Just to add on, I had a similar experience with Glosscoat Cosmic Spriz. When I used it as a curing agent for Cosmic coating it did just what the pics showed. Almost seems like this stuff should be in a bottle, not a sprayer. Spitting brown goo all over your just-coated car does not instill confidence. Next time I`ll just use and applicator pad and apply it like a thin wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    opti seal
    Kind of agree with you.....I use WGLS.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. My bottle came in the mail today. What was the temperature when you applied it?

Thread Information