Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs #7 Rub Down

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Wow, looks like a different car. I would love to get appraisals before and after. Your hard work sure paid off.
    well, if we`re talking "paid" off, then not so much. It wasn`t free, but the amount of labor vs price, it was dirt cheap. But it was valuable experience, so it`s fine by me. There`s about 400 photos to go through, so it may take a little longer to get it together. thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    How long is the shelf life of a bottle of M80, in Texas heat or SoCal close to the border type heat?
    Me, I wouldn`t know. I never owned the stuff. I found out about it long after it had been discontinued. Not sure this helps, or is relevant, but I just played with some old Mothers headlight polish. I had bought that maybe 5 years ago. It was more liquid than thick polish, and visibly you could see it had long broken down. But for giggles, I tried it out anyway, and it still did a decent job of removing light haze off a headlight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    well, if we`re talking "paid" off, then not so much. It wasn`t free, but the amount of labor vs price, it was dirt cheap. But it was valuable experience, so it`s fine by me. There`s about 400 photos to go through, so it may take a little longer to get it together. thanks for the kind words.

Me, I wouldn`t know. I never owned the stuff. I found out about it long after it had been discontinued. Not sure this helps, or is relevant, but I just played with some old Mothers headlight polish. I had bought that maybe 5 years ago. It was more liquid than thick polish, and visibly you could see it had long broken down. But for giggles, I tried it out anyway, and it still did a decent job of removing light haze off a headlight.
    Okay, a few months ago work moved to a new location, whilst cleaning out the old building, I stumbled upon 3/4 gal of M80. It had been sitting up there for an undetermined amount of time, but it being a Meg`s product, I kept it. I have yet to play with it as I do not exactly have a set use for it, but it sits on my shelf, 3/4 full.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this Lincoln I worked on last year:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/click-...hlight=lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax,

That Lincoln is almost unbelievable!

Ok so here is the before, clay, and after of the trunk on my `31. Like I`ve said many times, the paint is far from perfect but I think it looks pretty good!

The paint feels much healthier, I`ll follow up the #7 rub down with some BlackFire SRC Compound and then BlackFire SRC Finishing Polish, probably another #7 glaze then top with PB Natty Blue.

Forgive the lighting differences and all around poor photo taking, its a phone camera...

Pre-wash

Post-wash, Pre-clay

Mid-Clay, some kind of red overspray on the trunk

Post #7 Rub Down left overnight. I forgot to take a post-clay pre-glaze

LEDetailing, can`t say thanks enough for sharing that link, I really think this technique is going to improve the overall look of the car and health of the paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, LEDetailng liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny, over a year later and I`m reading up on the #7 technique and I see my name come up.

Those results are amazing. Good work! Glad I could lead you to Mike Phillip`s #7 technique.

I`m going to be working on my uncle`s 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite and it needs some #7. I personally haven`t used the technique, but have a bottle of #7 on hand just for the occasion. Looking forward to the results

Post Thanks / Like

Decades ago that was the Usual Routine and it`s still the way to go on many types of single stage.

NOT stuff I`d use on b/c, but it wasn`t made for that.

Are people always topping with wax or just leaving it all M07? Used to do it both ways, depending on the circumstances...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information