Post Thanks / Like

Post wash booster product suggestions...

I have a combination of Megs UPW and FK1000p on my daily driver (Silver `15 Hyundai Elantra). I am planning to strip the panels with the UPW and convert everything to FK1000p (FK seems to hold up better, and Accumulator pretty much sold me on it - glad I tried it).

After each wash, my current practice is to dry the car, then apply Megs UQW as a "booster". It adds some shine, helps clean up the drips, and provides some added protection.

I`m sure there are better products out there for this.... any suggestions on your favorites? Mainly looking for a product that would enhance the protection and play well with the FK1000p. Polish Angel RapidWax caught my attention...

Even debating stripping off everything and just going with BF Crystal Coat or similar... sounds stupid, but I kinda want to play around with the Gyeon Cure type products.

I`m just a noob thinking out loud... feel free to school me and correct my thought process.

Thanks Guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post wash booster product suggestions...

Strip the paint and try it without doing anything. You may hate it, then you know. You may love it, then you know..........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 512detail liked this post
    Thanks nickclark08 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

As a detailer and as a brand owner, my instinct is to tell you stay within the product line for guaranteed performance matching. If you plan to use only FK1000 then use FK 425 after every wash and in between washes.
    Likes nickclark08, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

yea im considering converting regular waxes to only FK at this point (unless im mobile/outside- then its Poorboys ONLY because I don`t want any surprises)

I`ve never tried CS but I really want to, just trying not to purchase things that I really don`t need

and btw there is NOTHING stupid about wanting to try new products...anyone who tells you there is IS NOT an enthusiast like us (call them `Nuba haters)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I spray Megs D156 after every wash on my silver Nissan protected with FK1000p. Plays well in the sun and I cover my whole car with it with no issues (paint,trim and glass).

If you`re not far from my area you are welcome to stop by and try some on your vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy them all and rotate.
    Likes nickclark08, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Strip the paint and try it without doing anything. You may hate it, then you know. You may love it, then you know..........
    Ron, I remember you offering similar advice to my question in another thread, and that`s what got my wheels turning. Are you saying to try the gyeon or similar on a bare panel to see if I like it?

I know you have had your battles with Reload, and I wholly respect your opinion on this. Any advice you offer will be followed to a T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    yea im considering converting regular waxes to only FK at this point (unless im mobile/outside- then its Poorboys ONLY because I don`t want any surprises)

I`ve never tried CS but I really want to, just trying not to purchase things that I really don`t need

and btw there is NOTHING stupid about wanting to try new products...anyone who tells you there is IS NOT an enthusiast like us (call them `Nuba haters)
    Haha that`s what I think as well. Why not try some new stuff?

FK just seems to keep shedding dirt and doesn`t diminish as fast after a wash. I know accumulator likens it to a coating, and that`s why I am thinking Crystal Coat or something to "dip my toes in" without breaking the bank. Choices, choices. Have some unopened Nitro Seal I haven`t figured out what to do with... Ugh lol

I use Nattys Black on my wife`s car, and could not speak more highly of it. Her car`s paint needs some serious work (once I have time; have the polisher but need pads and a good product).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    I spray Megs D156 after every wash on my silver Nissan protected with FK1000p. Plays well in the sun and I cover my whole car with it with no issues (paint,trim and glass).

If you`re not far from my area you are welcome to stop by and try some on your vehicle.
    Migue, appreciate the offer. My understanding is that D156 is the same as the Ultimate Quik Wax... Is this the case? I might have to start buying in bulk, I like the stuff a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Migue, appreciate the offer. My understanding is that D156 is the same as the Ultimate Quik Wax... Is this the case? I might have to start buying in bulk, I like the stuff a lot.
    I`ve read the same, haven`t tried UQW but it seems like d156 is a bit thinner and the pro version of it. I love it though, great price for the gallon and I even use it on the interior.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    My understanding is that D156 is the same as the Ultimate Quik Wax... Is this the case?
    Yes it is the same.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Yes it is the same.
    Thanks for the confirmation, Guz

Thread Information