Post Thanks / Like

PBL Sealant longevity

I know there have been a few who have applied a layer or two of Pinnacle Black Label Sealant, I`m looking for real life longevity. Purchased a bottle and will be applying to a family members vehicle to test, curious to know if 10-12 months is a realistic claim.

Will likely be doing a review, as well as degrading behaviors by APC, paint cleaners, KleenStrip, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBL Sealant longevity

Sealant or coating?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Corey@OptimalD View Post
    Sealant.
    Then disregard my link above.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never tried the sealant...I actually can`t recall many posts people have put up here using it

I recall a few from back when this first came out but I do not recall any longevity testing.

Guess you`re gonna have to find out for us.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

PBL Sealant longevity

There is a proven formula to compute the life of any LSP:

I. {[(4 * 4)/16] x 1^2 x (manufacturers claimed duration in days)}/1 = Exact Theoretical Days LSP Will Last (ETDLSPWL)

II. ETDLSPWL / 2 = Actual Days LSP Will Last If Your Lucky (ADLSPWLIYL)

III. Amount Of Days LSP Will Last If Car Just Sits In Garage And Is Never Driven (AODLSPWLICJSIGAND) = {(ETDLSPWL) + (ADLSPWLIYL)} x 720

There are some other forum last I use (that I usually don`t share) - but have decided to be generous for the new year...

[Length of Life Of Latest & Greatest Coating (LOLOLAGC)] = [Manufactuer`s Claimed Longevity In Days (MCLID) + ($ spent on coating) + (28 days if coating is from Korea) - (14 days of coating is from Europe) / 2

Post Thanks / Like

uhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    There is a proven formula to compute the life of any LSP:

I. {[(4 * 4)/16] x 1^2 x (manufacturers claimed duration in days)}/1 = Exact Theoretical Days LSP Will Last (ETDLSPWL)

II. ETDLSPWL / 2 = Actual Days LSP Will Last If Your Lucky (ADLSPWLIYL)

III. Amount Of Days LSP Will Last If Car Just Sits In Garage And Is Never Driven (AODLSPWLICJSIGAND) = {(ETDLSPWL) + (ADLSPWLIYL)} x 720

There are some other forum last I use (that I usually don`t share) - but have decided to be generous for the new year...

[Length of Life Of Latest & Greatest Coating (LOLOLAGC)] = [Manufactuer`s Claimed Longevity In Days (MCLID) + ($ spent on coating) + (28 days if coating is from Korea) - (14 days of coating is from Europe) / 2
    My calculation was a little off, but this works too!

Post Thanks / Like

PBL sealent is an excellent choice. 6 months is a stretch, but what I would recommend is to use the sealent which IMO is one of the best synthetics you can use, and top it on the hood, roof, trunk lids and behind the tires with opti-seal every few months.

Opti-Seal is a wipe on only product, no need to buff out or remove so the application is super fast and will lock in your sealant beautifully.

I swear by Opti-Seal to get the most longevity out of a LSP. Some can argue to skip the sealant and just use Opti-Seal...and they have a point, but the PBL guarantees you have sturdy long term protection while the Opti-Seal is something that if you forget to do every 60-90 days it`s no big deal. Hope this helps.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Medicscott View Post
    PBL sealent is an excellent choice. 6 months is a stretch, but what I would recommend is to use the sealent which IMO is one of the best synthetics you can use, and top it on the hood, roof, trunk lids and behind the tires with opti-seal every few months.

Opti-Seal is a wipe on only product, no need to buff out or remove so the application is super fast and will lock in your sealant beautifully.

I swear by Opti-Seal to get the most longevity out of a LSP. Some can argue to skip the sealant and just use Opti-Seal...and they have a point, but the PBL guarantees you have sturdy long term protection while the Opti-Seal is something that if you forget to do every 60-90 days it`s no big deal. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the input!

Thread Information