Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dual Polymer Waterless wash

So it`s an abrasive polish and waterless wash in one? Huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, yes
    My thoughts exactly

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

ok so I thought this was dead but somebody in my car club just partnered with these jokers and is trying to encourage my friends to buy this

I received a sample of this a while back and used it a little and thought it was total crap and this was a year and a half ago or so.

It`s taking the better part of myself to not say anything on the other forum.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out testing Fast Finish months ago, and before I knew what he was going to do, a gentleman who was a dealer for this Dual Polymer stuff stopped by and he decided to try the slip and slide bottle test on the hood of the blue test car. After watching the video I can see they`re using this to show the improvement in slickness instead of just handing you the microfiber to feel for yourself.

Him: "Check this out!"
    Me: "Wait...what are you planning here dude?"

In the video the bottle is supposed to just sit there before you apply it, so he wasn`t expecting it to slide off at the speed of light. It did, and left some nice scratches where the grit on the bottle made contact and slid. I was laughing because he said that Fast Finish must be junk if a bottle will scratch through it! That was it for Dual Polymer for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Make some 50/50 panel shots with it doing its impressive correcting of scratches. Post them there and here !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

They must make it under multiple names now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I was out testing Fast Finish months ago, and before I knew what he was going to do, a gentleman who was a dealer for this Dual Polymer stuff stopped by and he decided to try the slip and slide bottle test on the hood of the blue test car. After watching the video I can see they`re using this to show the improvement in slickness instead of just handing you the microfiber to feel for yourself.

Him: "Check this out!"
    Me: "Wait...what are you planning here dude?"

In the video the bottle is supposed to just sit there before you apply it, so he wasn`t expecting it to slide off at the speed of light. It did, and left some nice scratches where the grit on the bottle made contact and slid. I was laughing because he said that Fast Finish must be junk if a bottle will scratch through it! That was it for Dual Polymer for me.
    I remember right after I had coated my truck with pbl (a few years ago) I had some guy at the gas station come up and try to spray some foam on the car and tell me how good it was working so I provided him a bottle of water and let him pour it on the hood and watch it disappear

Then a few weeks later when I was in another town I was in the gas station and saw some person just about to spray some similar foam (I think it was F1 or something) on my black SRT and I literally dropped my stuff on counter and ran outside at him and started yelling at him to stop whatever he was planning on doing. I got his info and filed a complaint up the ranks with whatever company that was at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Make some 50/50 panel shots with it doing its impressive correcting of scratches. Post them there and here !

I think I still have a little of that bottle left if I can find it. But I`d have to borrow a swirled car

oohh.. my woman has a black vw and it looks pretty sad.... I bet this dual polymer stuff is the answer! hahaha

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    They must make it under multiple names now.

there is a private label section on their website

I wonder how much it`d cost to get my own labels made

DO NOT USE THIS (or something similar)

just need one bottle ran, hahah

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

so I`m willing to bet this produces a Zaino type plastic effect... I only did a panel on a friends vehicle back a year or more ago-- I mean it did something but so does the brush at the car wash

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

i found the two oz i have left

sitting on the back of a garage shelf for over a year

super compounding powder junk caked to bottom, chalky

vigorous shake

a good laugh later and back to work

I dont even wanna use this stuff on my die cast Mopars.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

It just reminds me of the dri wash and gard I used to see at car shows in the mid 90s. Stuff had a pump dispenser and well everyone used terry clothes at the time. It was the all in one product. Expensive though! Good results for an average joe. Cause it fills and leaves a slick feel. Makes them think they don`t need to bring out the turtle wax hard shell can for the afternoon

Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not saying this product or similar don`t work to a certain extent but the overhyped marketing just gets to me. Just like Top Coat F11. They throw out all these industry terms so you don`t know specifically what it is. Is it a sealant? Is it a coating? is it dual action polymers with 19 active ingredients and 4 types of abrasive polishing powders that is slicker than any coating other than teflon?
    I mean it`s literally a "this is a no common sense needed product that does everything for you" - wash, polish, and sealant and you can leave it on the car for up to 3 days in the sun and still wipe it off easily?! Well sign me up and let me throw out all my other products.

Also, how the heck are people just coming up to other peoples cars at gas stations and just spraying products or putting bottles on them without the owners permission?! That is just plain ridiculous. That and people who just lean on other peoples cars like its their own property and they paid for it. That irks me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Not saying this product or similar don`t work to a certain extent but the overhyped marketing just gets to me. Just like Top Coat F11. They throw out all these industry terms so you don`t know specifically what it is. Is it a sealant? Is it a coating? is it dual action polymers with 19 active ingredients and 4 types of abrasive polishing powders that is slicker than any coating other than teflon?
    I mean it`s literally a "this is a no common sense needed product that does everything for you" - wash, polish, and sealant and you can leave it on the car for up to 3 days in the sun and still wipe it off easily?! Well sign me up and let me throw out all my other products.

Also, how the heck are people just coming up to other peoples cars at gas stations and just spraying products or putting bottles on them without the owners permission?! That is just plain ridiculous. That and people who just lean on other peoples cars like its their own property and they paid for it. That irks me.
    I agree. I mean this product kind of defies logic. Assuming it has some polishing ability then how the heck do you layer it like they say? Wouldn`t the second application remove the first? I think of it as a liquid/sprayable cleaner type wax-product.
    Their video says you can use it as much as you`d like and it will layer. I disagree based off the operational premise you guys have already established on how this product works.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a heads up for you folks. Ron (the original caveman) is very fond of Alien products, tread lightly with your comments.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Just a heads up for you folks. Ron (the original caveman) is very fond of Alien products, tread lightly with your comments.
    Tuckermatic would be proud
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information