Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dual Polymer Waterless wash

512detail- I should point out that the folks in my Jag Club *do* appreciate how nice my vehicles are, and a few guys ask (and even take) my advice when it comes to, uhm...stuff that`s not too involved. And my pal Bob sure does appreciate when I do his MKII, which I might be doing again this year.

Heh heh, Re "cleaning other people`s glass"- I once did the windshield (in and out) for a Highway Patrol trooper (really attractive woman, nice new Crown Vic) at the accident site where a nutty old lady had rear-ended my vehicle and then fled the scene. She seemed to appreciate it..and well, Karma-points and all that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    512detail- I should point out that the folks in my Jag Club *do* appreciate how nice my vehicles are, and a few guys ask (and even take) my advice when it comes to, uhm...stuff that`s not too involved. And my pal Bob sure does appreciate when I do his MKII, which I might be doing again this year.

Heh heh, Re "cleaning other people`s glass"- I once did the windshield (in and out) for a Highway Patrol trooper (really attractive woman, nice new Crown Vic) at the accident site where a nutty old lady had rear-ended my vehicle and then fled the scene. She seemed to appreciate it..and well, Karma-points and all that.
    did you at least get a number? haha and not 9-1-1!

I get lots of compliments on my car as well but nobody ever asks me what I`m using or to do it to theirs unfortunately.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks pretty "iffy" but just might be a good product. I still use the original (not this brand) invented in 1988 and everyone dumped on it. It still works above and beyond expectations. This one might be a good product or it could be Caca. Try it and let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    right...they recommend applying the waterless with a TERRY CLOTH TOWEL ouch
    Nothing wrong with that. Many call for Terry towels. If they are good quality there is no worry. I`ve been using waterless wash products, one in particular, since 2004 with Terry towels. No marring to date, it`s all in the procedure. One must learn how to use the product(s) that are out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    It looks pretty "iffy" but just might be a good product. I still use the original (not this brand) invented in 1988 and everyone dumped on it. It still works above and beyond expectations. This one might be a good product or it could be Caca. Try it and let us know.
    Mind if I ask what the original was? I seemed to have misplaced 1988. I`m sure it was a very good year.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Dri-wash and guard or something like that? I remember my father had a few bottles of it around that time from a friend of his that was into multi-level marketing which is how that product was sold then.

If if that isn`t the product, then disregard this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually this looks like a very good product and I was surprised by how well the host knows his product(most don`t). I also try to ignore the packaging design as it can conceal how well a product works.

Here is why this product looks good:

Its polishes.
    What water less car wash do you know have polishing agents? Zero,nada,none. Cars are always getting small scratches and this addresses that problem without having to do serious polishing.

Acrylic Resin.
    Wax is OUT. Its old school technology. Sealants are the new technology to protect your car. This however, intrigued me the most, as its an acrylic resin. That`s basically liquid acrylic. This should provide a much more durable layer of protection than traditional wax.

Dual Polymer.
    One to protect while cleaning(that`s the most important part of water less, you can do without all the other bits), one to protect after cleaning that last for months. Now, maybe the second polymer is the acrylic resin im not sure but what I am sure of is that most Water less wash products does not protect your car, it only cleans. Protection after washing is extremely weak to where you can consider it nonexistent, and this product addresses that also. The polymers used in popular water less wash brands is made from soy. This one is made from acrylic resin.

With that said, I have not tried the product yet but it looks extremely promising. Thanks to OP for introducing it.

BTW, if you own a newer model Nissan or Lexus with self healing paint, do not use any solution with abrasives in it or get it polished/detailed. The car only needs a good sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Give it a shot. Let us know how it goes.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Give it a shot...
    Maybe on a vehicle you don`t care about too much
    Likes 512detail, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Maybe on a vehicle you don`t care about too much
    My neighbors car, lol

Brandt K.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theory816 View Post
    Actually this looks like a very good product and I was surprised by how well the host knows his product(most don`t). I also try to ignore the packaging design as it can conceal how well a product works.

Here is why this product looks good:

Its polishes.
    What water less car wash do you know have polishing agents? Zero,nada,none. Cars are always getting small scratches and this addresses that problem without having to do serious polishing.

Acrylic Resin.
    Wax is OUT. Its old school technology. Sealants are the new technology to protect your car. This however, intrigued me the most, as its an acrylic resin. That`s basically liquid acrylic. This should provide a much more durable layer of protection than traditionalt.
    For a first post, this is pretty promotional, not to mention inaccurate.

Wax is OUT? Not to enthusiasts who prefer the carnuba look.
    sealants are the new technology? Maybe in 1997 when this product was introduced. Look into coatings for the newest technology.

Maybe be this product is good, maybe not. Don`t know. Posts like this that aren`t reviews make me skeptical and think the product itself is secondary to the promotion and marketing.

Post Thanks / Like

Their `acrylic wax` boasts a year of longevity...wheres that crazy formula again? lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Can`t help myself but when I hear about Acrylics I think of VaporWax. Some of the long timers will remember that product. To this date I`m still not aware of anyone who has actually tried it. I`ll bet Ron has, he seemed to be in tight with those guys, caveman.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So my friend who swears by this just tells me on facebook that he put three coats of this on his car and it looks great.

I tried to explain to him how the alleged abrasives in this would defeat any layering purposes. He disagreed. But what do I know?

I can`t wait to get my hands on some of this miracle stuff. I just dont feel like making a 60+ mile 1 way trip to San Antonio to pick it up right now. We have a club cruise in a week or so. Hoping to get it then.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    For a first post, this is pretty promotional, not to mention inaccurate.
    My thoughts. We all know quadruple polymers are best.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information