Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone applied a coating on top of a clear bra?

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I know your kind of new here (4 posts) and with the car you have (amazing) and the question you asked, I just though I would say, unless you know what your doing let a pro polish it before the clear bra. I would hate to see you mess up your car. What Rasky used is only the tip of the iceberg. The hours he has behind the machine and the experience makes all the difference.

If you don`t know you can do a perfect job, don`t start. Trust me, I made a mess of a black Infiniti once upon a time and I am trying to save you aggravation.
    Thanks, I appreciate your concern. While I`m not a pro, I`ve been detailing my cars for about 7 years now and am pretty comfortable polishing them. And, haven`t ruined the finish of any of my cars yet. However, if there is something unique I need to consider since the body panels on the 4C are composite I am open to having a pro do it. Can anyone chime in on special technique(s) when polishing composite body panels???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ETIKTRD View Post
    Wow! The car looks fantastic! Did you polish it before hand? If so, would you mind sharing your process/technique and products? I`m going to tackle polishing mine today and tomorrow before the PPF is installed on Friday.
    That car received a pretty extensive correction, see thread below, but he had the film applied prior to bringing it to me. FYI, the film will hide most all defects, unless they are severe. Whether or not you chose to correct the paint in those areas prior is up to you.

Alfa Romeo 4C,Paint Correction and CQuartz Finest Coating - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Lots of intricate areas on these cars and likely lots of defects from what I`ve seen with this car and the other posted on here.
    Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

ETIKTRD -

To answer your question regarding Composite Panels, if they are NOT Metal of any type, then they are going to NOT dissipate heat very well, so the panel will get a lot hotter (from the friction of your machine) faster..

So you will have to be very careful with that aspect..

Chad`s work above is absolutely the best you can get in the entire state of Minnesota and beyond, so that is why the vehicle he just did turned out that beautiful, and it had lots of damage as shown in the Before pictures..
    Good Luck -
    Dan F
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information