Post Thanks / Like

PBLv2 topped with Blackfire BlackIce

Ok let the games begin. I washed, polished, and applied PBLv2 on my RED 370z Roadster 2 days ago. I was planning to put a second coat of PBLv2 on my car today, but I was in a mood to play around. I decided to use my jar of Blackfire BlackIce to top the PBL, why you ask? I like to top my coating with one of my many waxes to "warm" up the clinical shine of a coating. Just a matter of taste to me. Well anyways, I started to apply the BlackIce to the PBLv2 and let me tell you that PBLv2 is some slick stuff, much slicker than the v1, of which I still have half a bottle of. The v2 was so slick I had some concerns about the BlackIce adhering to the v2! When I first started to apply the BlackIce the applicator kinda slid across rage v2 like nothing I have ever experienced. I let the BlackIce sit on the car for 10 minutes as the directions indicated and easily buffed it off to reveal a fantastic shine. No pics because it was a last minute thing, I apologize profusely. But I just wanted to praise the PBLv2. The v1 was very nice, but let me encourage my fellow Autopians to give the PBLv2 a try. I really can`t imagine a coating slicker or easier to use. If I did not enjoy the soothing effect of waxing my cars I would just use PBLv2 and forget about anything else. The manufacturer says it will last 3 years, I don`t know about that, I`m not going to even keep my car that long. This stuff is a breeze to use and super slick (yeah I "ruined" it with BlackIce), but it was fun and relaxing and turned out beautiful! Again sorry no pics.
    Likes GearHead_1, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBLv2 topped with Blackfire BlackIce

Yep, v2 is good stuff. I gave my Accord 3 coats of it, topped with Collinite 915. Beads water like I can`t even believe.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBLv2 topped with Blackfire BlackIce

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Again sorry no pics.
    Bummer. I would loved to have seen some before and after pics with regards to topping with BlackICE. Although, I would question if it would be accurately portrayed in pictures.
    - Mark

Thread Information