Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First try with Collinite 845

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    DGRW+AW (and straight AW) works well with 845. BFRW does not play nice with 845.
    Figures. I usually use BFRW during the winter months when it`s too cold outside for normal washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice same color as my 09 Jeep. Collinite 845 is still holding up strong on my roof. The rest of my Jeep is done with FK1000P. No one`s noticed my roof is topped with a different LSP even I can hardly tell until it gets wet (larger beads with 845 than FK1000P). I did 845 on the roof because it`s hard to reach and I wanted to use a DA to apply, I also didn`t want to stain the roof rails again (no rack on the SRT8), and most importantly I wanted to compare look and durability to FK1000P for my self.

Compared to FK1000p, 845 is slightly less glossy but gives the paint more of a glow (muted flakes in my case), it was also much easyer to apply and remove being liquid. 845 doesn`t seem to self-clean at all (excluding the first few weeks) and needs a scrubbing to get beading back in full effect. So far it holds up extremely well with no signs of failing (4 moths after application, daily driven, outdoor parked). All wax`s and sealants I apply to the roof seam to last 6 to 9 months easily.

I also used 845 on my wheels (applied last year during winter while the winter wheels were on) and it appears to have held up the entire time (or it`s the DuraBrite coating doing it`s job) the beading and sheeting on my wheels is incredible...

Hope you enjoy the 845 on your Jeep as much as I have on mine!
    Likes rottenII liked this post
    Thanks rottenII thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can lend you my step stool 4u2nvinmtl First try with Collinite 845

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marinesoup View Post
    I can lend you my step stool 4u2nvinmtl First try with Collinite 845

The way things are looking I might have to drive off island to get a work platform -> I went to buy a "work platform" from Canadian Tire a few times but there either out of stock or pretend not to speak English (it`s odd being the minority)...

I ended up putting a very small dent in the top of the E pillar (still trying to forget it`s there) leaning to reach the middle last time I applied by hand. At 5`11`` I can kinda reach, lol

Luckily no one but me sees the dent (more of a warp), as it`s very very shallow and doesn`t show in pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Just decided that I`m keeping a few areas of the `93 Audi 845 after all...easiest approach for those places even if my plans to FK1000P the rest of it work out (still gotta see how that goes).

4u2nvinmtl- You really do need a work platform...I can`t imagine trying to inspect/correct the roof without one. But then I wouldn`t even want to wash/dry the roof without a few platforms.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    4u2nvinmtl- You really do need a work platform...I can`t imagine trying to inspect/correct the roof without one. But then I wouldn`t even want to wash/dry the roof without a few platforms.
    My trick is that I never corrected the roof (very un-autopian of me, I know). The Orange Peel is so bad on the roof it looks like a textured glass shower door and it serves as a reminder to how far my paint has come since I started.

Sorry to get off topic... 845 rocks regardless of finish/paint texture. I car pooled with my mother to work today and took the opportunity to inspect the paint on her 2015 Ford Fusion (daily driven and outdoor parked). I was really impressed by 845`s ability to bead water even when the paint is dirty (most LSP look like they`ve failed when the car is dirty/road film). I applied the 845 late June (3 months ago) and the car has only been washed once.

Note: I applied 845 from head to toe on the Ford Fusion and it`s even holding up on the trim, exhaust, wheels, grills, and windows (didn`t apply to front windshield).

MHO of Collinite 845: It`s versatile, cheap, durable, looks good, and beads fantastically - what more could you ask of a LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    ... 845 rocks regardless of finish/paint texture...
    That`s a big reason why I`m still using it on the `93 Audi`s very rough-textured rocker panels, and it`s just so easy to do the adjacent rubber strips at the same time. So quick and easy that I don`t mind redoing it when needed.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

FYI... Anyone planning on using 845 on their trim might be reminded that you do not leave the product to dry before wiping it off. Also, as thin a layer as possible.
    I`m glad it worked great for some people, but I just gave myself another 2 hours of product removal ( 845 is not the easiest to remove ).
    I left the product too long and by the time I went back to whip it off my trim had turned white, not pretty.
    So now I`m using IPA to try to remove the 845 and follow up with my Ultima tire and trim guard +.
    It`s taking time but in slowly getting my trim back.

Post Thanks / Like

marinesoup-That`s a good point! I`ll try to remember to keep repeating that whenever we discuss 845 on trim. I`m using both 845 and UTTG+ on the `93 Audi`s trim, finding reasons why both products have their pros/cons for this application, even on the same vehicle.

I`d use something better than IPA to remove the 845. Some have argued that you can *clean* durable waxes with IPA, that IPA doesn`t really strip certain waxes much at all. Missing member PiPUK once challenged me to do his "IPA and wax" test to prove it to myself but I never got around to it so I decided to just take his word for it.

Post Thanks / Like

First try with Collinite 845

I would really like feedback from anyone that has personal knowledge of a product(s) that work well in removing a durable wax like 845 off porous trim. It would be a great help for me.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Uh huh huh...colon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    Uh huh huh...colon
    Did I miss something here boxingfan?

Post Thanks / Like

marinesoup the Mother`s trim restore cleaner is a very good deep trim cleaner. Clean your trim a few times with that to try to remove the I845. 1Z Deep plastic cleaner might remove it too. Never tried to remove LSP an entire piece of trim with it before.

The water spot removers are also pretty good at removing wax from trim also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marinesoup View Post
    Did I miss something here boxingfan?

Dont remember bevis and butthead?
    Likes rottenII liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No, sorry. I think I seen them once First try with Collinite 845

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast