Thread: removing cquk?

Post Thanks / Like

removing cquk?

OK, I`ve been working on getting this stuff off mybpaint, not happy with it and just want to move on to trying some new stuff.

Iirc, I put 2 coats on my hhood. There were a ton on embedded waterspots on the paint, so I used a blue pad with sf4500. That worked at removing the spots, but the costing was still there. When I applied wax, it almost soaked into the hood, left some blochy areas, and didn`t last long at all. That was a few weeks ago. I finally got a chance to really clean the car well the other night. I bought some m205 that I used with an orange pad. It grabbed the pad a lot, dried quick, and seemed to heat up quick, so I grabbed a megs yellow pad and used some menzerna pf2500, menzerna as many of you might know has a lot of oils and so it can be worked fairly long, but nope, same result...grabbing the pad and drying fast. I did the whole hood anyway, it seems to be a bit better, but still I don`t think is all the way off. I didn`t want to have to get m105 with the orange pad, but its looking that way.

Anyone have experience removing this coating? I can only describe it as like rubber, it doesn`t get super hard like 22ple IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: removing cquk?

I ended up polishing it off...I really hated the way it darkened my tinted clearcoat. Not a fan. Any good finishing polish with a white polishing foam pad will wipe it out.

Post Thanks / Like

A white pad will do better than an orange pad for cutting this stuff off? Which finishing polish? OC came off much easier than this crap

Post Thanks / Like

Interested as well

Didn`t work with white pad for me, forgot what polish I used.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Interested as well

Didn`t work with white pad for me, forgot what polish I used.
    CQUK was a real PITA for me. It worked out well on my wife`s SUV, but on my MB black paint it was a pain. The application process was tricky and I finally removed it and coated it with Gloss Coat. Happy ever since.

I used Optimum Hyper Polish and Buff N Shine green pads to remove the CQUK. Worked flawlessly. Don`t think Hyper Polish gets the credit it deserves. A really nice polish. Great working time and awesome results.
    "Courage is being afraid but saddling up anyways." - John Wayne
    Likes boxingfan30 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 52split View Post
    CQUK was a real PITA for me. It worked out well on my wife`s SUV, but on my MB black paint it was a pain. The application process was tricky and I finally removed it and coated it with Gloss Coat. Happy ever since.

I used Optimum Hyper Polish and Buff N Shine green pads to remove the CQUK. Worked flawlessly. Don`t think Hyper Polish gets the credit it deserves. A really nice polish. Great working time and awesome results.

Thanks. I`m scared to put a purple foam wool pad on black plastic car.........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 52split View Post

Unfortunately, I don`t have that polish. I have m105,205_ menzerna SIP, IP, SF, and PG. I have not tried m105 yet, but I may go ahead and do that. I don`t want to apply this dodo juice nano without giving it a proper area to bond to.

Detail Impressions Detail Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

M105 will cut it, just get a sprayer bottle with water. Spritz as needed will increase cut and work time. I add a few drops of D300 to reduce dusting.

You may want to retry the M205 with spray bottle first, Promise it will surprise you the cut and finish.

CarPro fixer will also cut it.

Hope this helps.
    Likes boxingfan30 liked this post
    Thanks boxingfan30 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detail Impressions View Post
    M105 will cut it, just get a sprayer bottle with water. Spritz as needed will increase cut and work time. I add a few drops of D300 to reduce dusting.

You may want to retry the M205 with spray bottle first, Promise it will surprise you the cut and finish.

CarPro fixer will also cut it.

Hope this helps.
    I think I tried 205 and went to white pad when black didn`t cut it. Maybe 101 as well, but didn`t think of spritz. Mine didn`t dust but sorta spread all over

Detail Impressions Detail Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This method is Kevin Brown`s "Buff Daddy" of Buffdaddy.com
    Ron, This works amazing with Megs Compound/polish.
    101 was designed for low speed rotary pad in Europe. Finally made its way to USA and we like to use it with DA
    105 has a short work cycle, add spritz of water and it changes to stronger cut and longer work time.
    205 with spritz will increase cut and polish down with a amazing finish.
    Likes Ronkh, boxingfan30 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, boxingfan30 thanked for this post

Thread Information