Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The trouble with a good LSP...

So a couple of months ago another member gave me a DG step saver tip after learning I was using Duragloss. You mix 1 part of the bonding agent (601) to 4 parts of the sealant (be it 105 [total performance polish] or 111 [clear coat polish]). The bonding agent (like an epoxy) causes the sealant to cure much faster, promotes better bonding and durability.
    So I did a wash, clay then a layer of 601/105, followed by two applications of 601/111.

2015-05-23 08.11.11-w.jpg 2015-05-31 09.31.01-w.jpg

My weekly wash has turned into every other or sometimes three weeks! Last week, after what was going to be a pressure wash pre-rinse and a two bucket wash, it looked so good after the rinse that I skipped the actual wash and dried with DG Aquawax. (It`s hard to describe but during the PW rinse, the water just bounced off the paint). When finished, it looked like a fresh detail.

The trouble is that the Autopian spirit in me feels cheated that I`m not doing more.
    Oh well, another few weeks I`ll be doing the fall prep for winter...I think I can hang on.
    Likes GearHead_1, Ronkh, 01GreyStangGT, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The trouble with a good LSP...

Just layer it again...its fun
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s great.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    So a couple of months ago another member gave me a DG step saver tip after learning I was using Duragloss. You mix 1 part of the bonding agent (601) to 4 parts of the sealant (be it 105 [total performance polish] or 111 [clear coat polish]). The bonding agent (like an epoxy) causes the sealant to cure much faster, promotes better bonding and durability.
    So I did a wash, clay then a layer of 601/105, followed by two applications of 601/111.

My weekly wash has turned into every other or sometimes three weeks! Last week, after what was going to be a pressure wash pre-rinse and a two bucket wash, it looked so good after the rinse that I skipped the actual wash and dried with DG Aquawax. (It`s hard to describe but during the PW rinse, the water just bounced off the paint). When finished, it looked like a fresh detail.

The trouble is that the Autopian spirit in me feels cheated that I`m not doing more.
    Oh well, another few weeks I`ll be doing the fall prep for winter...I think I can hang on.

Great looking black x, ya got there
    (your pics aren`t working)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

It`s been kind of a low maintenance summer around here, it hasn`t rained much and the cars have stayed pretty clean once we got out of pollen season. I`d kind of blame that rather than your new LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It`s been kind of a low maintenance summer around here, it hasn`t rained much and the cars have stayed pretty clean once we got out of pollen season. I`d kind of blame that rather than your new LSP.
    We`ve had some pretty nasty storms here in CNY - the day before yesterdays caused some damage just north of here. The rains seem to result in a free wash although there`s some slight water spotting on the top and hood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Great looking black x, ya got there
    (your pics aren`t working)
    Hope you see them now?

Post Thanks / Like

We`ve had some pretty nasty storms here in CNY - the day before yesterdays caused some damage just north of here.
    Sure, I`m just saying in general this summer was a pretty low car wash summer. Or maybe I`m just getting lazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you see them now?
    I can see em now

Looks good
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, I`m just saying in general this summer was a pretty low car wash summer.
    You`re probably right and I`m just hallucinating ... maybe my LSP is a rain shield - lol

Or maybe I`m just getting lazy.
    maybe me too...I tried to have a large country garden but the weeds took control so I just stayed away. Will prolly mow the lawn today...it`s a bit overdue.

Post Thanks / Like

(It`s hard to describe but during the PW rinse, the water just bounced off the paint).
    Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I might even have video of that effect. I`ll try and post it up later.

Post Thanks / Like

I have dg105 on my car now. We had a massive rainstorm last night, and the beading was excellent, wanted to take some pics, but it didn`t work out because everything was getting soaked.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll add that while the coatings I`ve had on my car looked very good, the 105 just looks better to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I *love* it when just pressure-rinsing the vehicle is sufficient. Better yet when a hard rain does the same job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I *love* it when just pressure-rinsing the vehicle is sufficient. Better yet when a hard rain does the same job!
    Heck YEAH. Too bad where I live in So. California, most of the rain is only enough to make a mess On Wednesday, after washing my car, the rain almost hit me! We`ve been having a week-long high heat spell with crazy humidity, and the rain was nowhere on the radar!!! I dodged a [water] bullet that day.

(It`s hard to describe but during the PW rinse, the water just bounced off the paint).
    MiVor: Is this sort of what you mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information