Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coatings vs. Standard LSP`S discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    I don`t believe I ever saw a durability/longevity issue with sealants I`ve used. Then again, in true `Autopian form`, I probably sealed again long before the previous application failed. Since I currently tend to use an Aquawax topper after nearly every wash over my Duragloss sealant, I believe it lasts a very long time.

Footnote: I`ve never used Zaino. My experience is mostly with Klasse, Meguires, and Duragloss.

Duragloss 105 is one of my favorites. It has solovents in it and so likely cleans as it goes.
    Likes Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    Duragloss 105 is one of my favorites. It has solovents in it and so likely cleans as it goes.
    Bullet proof, easy to use (don`t need chemistry degree) cheaper than the Z stuff.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    I don`t believe I ever saw a durability/longevity issue with sealants I`ve used..
    Same experience here, though some sealants like UPP are pretty short-lived anyhow.

I`ve only used a few sealants, can only recall: KSG, FK1000P (we do count that as a sealant, right?), UPP (v2.0 and 3.0) and BF. But all of those are dead-nuts-simple, utterly Accumulator-proof. And some aren`t very finicky about what they`re applied over top of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Same experience here, though some sealants like UPP are pretty short-lived anyhow.

I`ve only used a few sealants, can only recall: KSG, FK1000P (we do count that as a sealant, right?), UPP (v2.0 and 3.0) and BF. But all of those are dead-nuts-simple, utterly Accumulator-proof. And some aren`t very finicky about what they`re applied over top of.
    It isn`t about finicky but durability. I can`t imagine that there wouldn`t be a longevity difference if one were to clean the paint vs applying it right over the finish. Fk1000 doesn`t count as that is an oily wax.

But if people are happy with the results they are getting the more power to them. I just hope we don`t get to a point where not claying a car becomes the norm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    It isn`t about finicky but durability. I can`t imagine that there wouldn`t be a longevity difference if one were to clean the paint vs applying it right over the finish. Fk1000 doesn`t count as that is an oily wax.

But if people are happy with the results they are getting the more power to them. I just hope we don`t get to a point where not claying a car becomes the norm.
    To each his own. Give it a good wash with CarPro Reset, Clay with Speedy Prep Towel, Polish with Optimum`s "Rupes," strong alcohol wipe down, and then Kamikaze ISM/or Gloss Coat time.
    "Courage is being afraid but saddling up anyways." - John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have a layer of DG 601/105, followed by two coats of DG 601/111 (601 is the bonding agent mixed 4 to 1).
    Duragloss rocks.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years back I did a comparison between Megs 21 and DG105. It was a husband & wife thing, hers got the Megs, he had the DG, after 4 months, I did both again and the DG was still looking good and beading, Megs was dead.

Side note, my detailing for others career is over due to my lower back. I think just taking care of my car, wife`s, and daughters, will be plenty. My wife is going to share the work with me - I had surgery and she has been keeping me from any work ever since. I look forward to gradually getting back to normal. I guess that new bottle of PL will last a long time now.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    A few years back I did a comparison between Megs 21 and DG105. It was a husband & wife thing, hers got the Megs, he had the DG, after 4 months, I did both again and the DG was still looking good and beading, Megs was dead.

Side note, my detailing for others career is over due to my lower back. I think just taking care of my car, wife`s, and daughters, will be plenty. My wife is going to share the work with me - I had surgery and she has been keeping me from any work ever since. I look forward to gradually getting back to normal. I guess that new bottle of PL will last a long time now.
    Hope you get well soon. And I have to pick up some Woolite that you reccomend to clean leather and cut it 20:1

Post Thanks / Like

10:1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post

Looked into prp therapy by chance?

Post Thanks / Like

10:1
    Thanks, will do.

Post Thanks / Like

Looked into prp therapy by chance?
    Whats that? I have recently diagnosed back issues... Neuro recommended a two level spinal fusion. I`m not exactly enthusiastic and trying to look for alternative options. Really don`t want my stomach cut open and rods and screws in my back at 30. No car wreck or anything, and I`m 6`2 190. It`s nuts to me that my back is that messed up.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Whats that? I have recently diagnosed back issues... Neuro recommended a two level spinal fusion. I`m not exactly enthusiastic and trying to look for alternative options. Really don`t want my stomach cut open and rods and screws in my back at 30. No car wreck or anything, and I`m 6`2 190. It`s nuts to me that my back is that messed up.
    Its a newer therapy that uses platlets from your own blood that are separated by being spun, the platelets are then injected back to the site of pain where the blood activates them. The healing rate is hundreds of percents higher than our bodies can normally do. It`s good for soft tissue, discs in back, meniscus (which I am going to get it done for), shoulders, maxillofacial surgery, even hair and scalp therapy. There`s also hgh site injections. Don`t get surgery if it`s at all possible man. So often it makes things worse. Look up dr. Lutz prp therapy, just do a google search, he has a lot of articles and studies, especially for back issues.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It isn`t about finicky but durability. I can`t imagine that there wouldn`t be a longevity difference if one were to clean the paint vs applying it right over the finish...
    But the penultimate product part of many systems (the "pre-cleaner" or "Gloss Enhancing Paint Cleaner" is a long way from bare paint, especially the filler-rich ones. Most people never use KSG on bare paint, always putting it on top of KAIO.

BUT in all fairness, I`m certain you`ve used a *LOT* more LSPs than I have and I only know how my few behave. And I *am* a big fan of stripping the oils from certain polishes even if they`ve never copromised my LSP durability.

..Fk1000 doesn`t count as that is an oily wax..
    I know the naming game varies with who`s playing, but I just knee-jerk about synthetic products being called "wax". My view is that wax comes from plants, not chemical labs in Germany..but FK wants to call it a "wax". Never thought of it as an oily product though, when I think "oily wax" I think of...oh I dunno...Souveran or M26 or maybe a Zymol Estate Glaze.
    But if people are happy with the results they are getting the more power to them.
    Yeah, that
    ..I just hope we don`t get to a point where not claying a car becomes the norm.
    Eh, I`m just advocating *not* doing stuff...any stuff...that doesn`t need doing. Sometimes a vehicle needs decontaminated, or polished, or [whatever], sometimes it doesn`t. Last time I reLSPed my wife`s car I did some spot-claying to remove tar, and the clay didn`t remove *any* other contamination from those areas; no need to clay the whole thing IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I think one who is a true autopian, takes pride in trying new things and washing and waxing his or her car on the weekends or whatever. I love coatings, but this thread is about me questioning how much they are actually needed for one who has the time, has the right environment. I also stand by my statement that a coating should NOT need any sort of extra work beyond the correct application and curing time. No reload, carpro spotless, cure, vs1, etc,etc. If I didn`t know how to polish and apply a coating, or just paid someone to do it, I`d be beyond pissed if I would up with a car full of spots a month after application simply from washing and drying. Reload costs as much or more than most standard sealants and doesn`t last any longer and in my findings it was even less than advertised....so what`s the REAL difference between the coating and the paint without it? Both need to be taken care of, both WILL scratch both WILL spot, the difference is that you`ve paid for a coating you still needs to be tended to.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information