Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coatings vs. Standard LSP`S discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    I think you miss understood what I was saying. It should be encouraging. That is why these "coatings" lasting a couple of years not just a few months.
    22ple lasts more than a few months and looks better. I did my fathers new civic with cquk a year ago now and its lasted well on his car. I said I didn`t like it on my car because it spotted, but I also have said we have absolutely horrible water around here. I don`t know which coatings you are referring to that are lasting "months". I agree with the above statement that I`d rather apply once a year but have the best of both worlds rather than having it for years and it starting to dull over time. Even OC will scratch, as with any coating out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Vs traditional LSPs - I gotta go to work now - see you tonight

Post Thanks / Like

I actually know 3 different "coatings" that failed miserably wayyy before even the 6 month mark. Basically just companies capitalizing on the "coating" buzzword to sell product and capture an audience.

To play devil`s advocate, I`ve never seen Opti-Coat dull, fade or fail for that matter. It`s all about properly polishing the surface, cleaning it, coating & maintaining it. If you do all those things correctly, you`ll have a super great looking finish that is protected beyond anything else.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes Thomas Dekany, RitcheyRch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

IMO boxingfan, give gloss coat a chance and see if that one works out better than the previous version. Maybe your tube was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I actually know 3 different "coatings" that failed miserably wayyy before even the 6 month mark. Basically just companies capitalizing on the "coating" buzzword to sell product and capture an audience.

To play devil`s advocate, I`ve never seen Opti-Coat dull, fade or fail for that matter. It`s all about properly polishing the surface, cleaning it, coating & maintaining it. If you do all those things correctly, you`ll have a super great looking finish that is protected beyond anything else.
    I understand there are knockoffs for basically for any product, I am speaking from the 3 coatings that are all considered some of the top coatings out that I have used. OC was easy to apply, but it seemed to lack any sort of gloss IMO. Cquk was a pain to apply, wasn`t impressed with the almost scrubbing action that had to be done in order to make sure the coverage was even, 22ple was by far the easiest to apply and remove, I didn`t see any spotting on it, but as I said, I sold the car with it being on I think 4 or 6 months, but it was going strong at that ppoint. Cquk as I also said, I had to polish to get the spots out, if application would have been easier. I would have tried it again, but its just not worth it.

Of course then some companies came out and said that any glass coating was going to be prone to spotting, though I don`t think at first even they were aware of it, and it just became a way to sell more products.

Ultimately the question remains, is it better to just go with a standard LSP and worry less about spotting, or not have to do as much to the paint using a coating? At the same time, for many, there is that obsessive nature of wanting to do something to ones car. Wax it, clean something on it, the car could be coated and look great, but some are going to want to always do something to their car...I think its a man thing.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    IMO boxingfan, give gloss coat a chance and see if that one works out better than the previous version. Maybe your tube was bad
    Its possible, I will consider glosscoat, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious....what`s the cost to have a car or light truck professionally coated?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    Just curious....what`s the cost to have a car or light truck professionally coated?
    Depends on who does it, I`ve heard 350 for polishing and 350 for coating it. To polish, prep, and coat I wouldn`t expect less than 400.00 and that would be cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

If someone charges $400 for a coating job is like some one selling you a new car for $5k - run!

pro coatings I start at $800 with a one step etc...

not it sure where you live but even hack Detailer`s in a fixed location will charge $300-500 for a "detail" - so getting protection for 2+ years or permanent like OC can`t cost the same. Not to mention if there is paint correction involved.

Post Thanks / Like

If I have me bet right, the "guarantee" on the "pro coatings" is probably 150-200 additional.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes boxingfan30 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If someone charges $400 for a coating job is like some one selling you a new car for $5k - run!

pro coatings I start at $800 with a one step etc...

not it sure where you live but even hack Detailer`s in a fixed location will charge $300-500 for a "detail" - so getting protection for 2+ years or permanent like OC can`t cost the same. Not to mention if there is paint correction involved.
    800.00? What`s the OCP cost you?

Post Thanks / Like

It`s pricy but we also have an agreement with optimum as far as what we must charge - just like cq or ceramic pro. Plus labor of course. Why are you surprised? Even $1000 for a brand new car (if the paint is mint) is a steal. What does a normal detail cost where you live? Do it twice a year and see where you end up in the long run. With OC you will superior protection and your car looks fantastic day in and day out. All you do is wash it 2x a month.
    Likes RitcheyRch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

thomas, does optimum require annual check ups for the warranty?
    Likes KBzPTGT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s pricy but we also have an agreement with optimum as far as what we must charge - just like cq or ceramic pro. Plus labor of course. Why are you surprised? Even $1000 for a brand new car (if the paint is mint) is a steal. What does a normal detail cost where you live? Do it twice a year and see where you end up in the long run. With OC you will superior protection and your car looks fantastic day in and day out. All you do is wash it 2x a month.
    I don`t know what it costs near me since I do it all myself. I wouldn`t call 1k a steal when a single stage correction for a new car takes me about 8 to 10 hours, and the application of most coatings takes about 1 hour +/- a bit. But hey, if you`re getting 800.00 per car then more power to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    I don`t know what it costs near me since I do it all myself. I wouldn`t call 1k a steal when a single stage correction for a new car takes me about 8 to 10 hours, and the application of most coatings takes about 1 hour +/- a bit. But hey, if you`re getting 800.00 per car then more power to you.
    Are you a pro Detailer or what? I mean what you charge has nothing to do what I charge but let me assure you that I`m on the lower end - others charge more than I

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread Information