Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coatings vs. Standard LSP`S discussion

That is weird. I wash and rinse my car with CR Spotless dual large system IF I wash in the sun. I use my compressor to blow out the cartages after the detail and I find I get more washes out of the media.

Never any spotting on OC 2.o, Gloss Coat, GTECH EXO v1, EXO v2, 22PLE or Polish Angel.

Is your spotting coming after a wash or after some time out in the real world driving?

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    I wash and rinse my car with 0 TDS water from a 6 stage RODI system and I have had spotting issues with 22PLE and FK1000P. Weird since I washed my other black cars for years with Dallas, TX tap water and never had any problems with Zaino. I really think I`m going back to Z2Pro after I finish re-polishing my whole car for the third time since January.

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Try Sonax PNS to alleviate spotting. It is the only LSP I have tied that wouldn`t spot for my black car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    Try Sonax PNS to alleviate spotting. It is the only LSP I have tied that wouldn`t spot for my black car
    wonder how that would work on top of uk
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, but from what I was told is this was developed by Sonax to prevent water spotting on their own coating that isn`t sold in the USA. SPNS is a really nice looking sealant that holds up pretty well. Sort of a waxy look.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    Not sure, but from what I was told is this was developed by Sonax to prevent water spotting on their own coating that isn`t sold in the USA. SPNS is a really nice looking sealant that holds up pretty well. Sort of a waxy look.
    Thanks.

Got 2 cans sitting here.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Detail Impressions Detail Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading back thru the different post it seems to me there is a clear divide between protection and looks.
    If understand correctly some car owners with show cars are wanting the deep wax look.
    While other mostly daily drivers are looking for protection.
    This seems to be the great divide. Look vs. Protection. Both sides are deeply convinced in their choice. But seems we can not agreed on a product(s) that provide the best of both worlds.
    I have worked with different coating seems we cannot have both has been my personal experience. i am like most on this forum continue to search new products for the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

To me the best of both worlds is Opti Coat Pro + You get both the look and durability. Although I haven`t been disappointed in the regular Opti Coat Pro. Looks fantastic. Dr G always improves thing without announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Detail Impressions View Post
    Reading back thru the different post it seems to me there is a clear divide between protection and looks.
    If understand correctly some car owners with show cars are wanting the deep wax look.
    While other mostly daily drivers are looking for protection.
    This seems to be the great divide. Look vs. Protection. Both sides are deeply convinced in their choice. But seems we can not agreed on a product(s) that provide the best of both worlds.
    I have worked with different coating seems we cannot have both has been my personal experience. i am like most on this forum continue to search new products for the answer.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

PS: I was talking to Dr G today and he mentioned that coatings are designed to protect first and foremost and the `look" is 3rd down the line. That is according to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear as I am dropping off the first of three vehicles to get coated tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    To me the best of both worlds is Opti Coat Pro + You get both the look and durability. Although I haven`t been disappointed in the regular Opti Coat Pro. Looks fantastic. Dr G always improves thing without announcements.

Post Thanks / Like

I am with you and in the case of KSG, the best choice is KAIO. Just like 3D polishes under their waxes - they are designed together. But if one mixes brands, one may get better result by cleaning the paint before the lsp

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    But the penultimate product part of many systems (the "pre-cleaner" or "Gloss Enhancing Paint Cleaner" is a long way from bare paint, especially the filler-rich ones. Most people never use KSG on bare paint, always putting it on top of KAIO.

BUT in all fairness, I`m certain you`ve used a *LOT* more LSPs than I have and I only know how my few behave. And I *am* a big fan of stripping the oils from certain polishes even if they`ve never copromised my LSP durability.

I know the naming game varies with who`s playing, but I just knee-jerk about synthetic products being called "wax". My view is that wax comes from plants, not chemical labs in Germany..but FK wants to call it a "wax". Never thought of it as an oily product though, when I think "oily wax" I think of...oh I dunno...Souveran or M26 or maybe a Zymol Estate Glaze.

Yeah, that

Eh, I`m just advocating *not* doing stuff...any stuff...that doesn`t need doing. Sometimes a vehicle needs decontaminated, or polished, or [whatever], sometimes it doesn`t. Last time I reLSPed my wife`s car I did some spot-claying to remove tar, and the clay didn`t remove *any* other contamination from those areas; no need to clay the whole thing IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RitcheyRch View Post
    Good to hear as I am dropping off the first of three vehicles to get coated tonight

Who is doing it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    That is weird. I wash and rinse my car with CR Spotless dual large system IF I wash in the sun. I use my compressor to blow out the cartages after the detail and I find I get more washes out of the media.

Never any spotting on OC 2.o, Gloss Coat, GTECH EXO v1, EXO v2, 22PLE or Polish Angel.

Is your spotting coming after a wash or after some time out in the real world driving?
    I wash my car in the garage. The spotting appears after the first wash but doesn`t get worse after a rain storm so it`s difinitively from the washing. I`m convinced that it`s the soap but I`ve tried Griot`s, CarPro Reset and some off the shelf Megs Gold Class. I`m just going to have to wash one panel at a time and rinse with the sheeting method. Hopefully that works.

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick - get some ONR type rinse less wash solution - That will eliminate your problem.

Post Thanks / Like

PS: Can you provide some pictures of the water spots?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    Can you provide some pictures of the water spots?
    You`ve never seen a water spot ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread Information