View Poll Results: Which wax would YOU use?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wax 1

11 28.95%
  • Wax 2

11 28.95%
  • Wax 3

11 28.95%
  • Wax 4

2 5.26%
  • Wax 5

3 7.89%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5 Way Wax Test / Blind Survey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Accumulator 1on1 (M16 v. FK1000p), and durability aside is easy enough. What are we looking for here? Looks, water behavior?
    Not sure you`ll see much of a diff when they`re both fresh in any respect. I don`t have a good answer...wonder what *you* will see as a diff between them!

Malm`s has an interesting guarantee, and that piqued my curiosity...
    They`re good at the BS ad-copy Their little booklet about car care would make any Autopian apoplectic (at least the version I have, and their website still looks similar, including customer testimonial from ages ago) but can be good for a laugh. The stuff`s expensive though, compared to my memories from 30 years ago. I kinda doubt that mine is still OK, but it`s around here somewhere.

BS advice and ad-copy is a downright understatement, but it was still really good liquid wax IME.

BTW, I had to chuckle with what you said about 3Ms wax. You really are earning that name of yours!
    A fair number of others on the shelf too And to think that when I consolidated shops into the current one, I threw away *boxes* of old detailing products!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video update, looks like i`m switching my personal vote to #2, to me it seemed to behave better with plain water this time around than when it was freshly applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Not sure you`ll see much of a diff when they`re both fresh in any respect. I don`t have a good answer...wonder what *you* will see as a diff between them!

... Their little booklet .... can be good for a laugh. The stuff`s expensive though, compared to my memories from 30 years ago. I kinda doubt that mine is still OK, but it`s around here somewhere.

BS advice and ad-copy is a downright understatement, but it was still really good liquid wax IME.

A fair number of others on the shelf too And to think that when I consolidated shops into the current one, I threw away *boxes* of old detailing products!
    Well then, I`ll *see* what I can see. Almost made myself chuckle there.

Okay, now I`m looking forward to getting the booklet. The website did mention I should be receiving a copy. I had no idea it would be outdated. I`m chuckling now at the thought. - If yours isn`t around, I`ll send you some of the *fresh* stuff I get from them. - And yes it is expensive! More so than I thought. I had confused 1/2 pint for a 1/2 liter. oops, my bad. Oh well. Still, not too costly, though.

Man, where was I when you were tossing stuff out?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Nice video update, looks like i`m switching my personal vote to #2, to me it seemed to behave better with plain water this time around than when it was freshly applied.
    Thank you. Yeah, #2 seems to be doing better than the others, especially after today.

Post Thanks / Like

Status Update - 09/03/15 - Week 2

Okay, that last part (writing "Week 2") just made me even *more* disappointed. I`m disappointed for two reasons:

(1) I had received my highly anticipated M16 wax and it was waiting for me at the post office. In the excitement, I forgot to get my camera for the car wash today;
    (2) Disappointed in ALL of the waxes, as I felt that two weeks is not that much time. Read on.

For today`s wash, I skipped the pre-rinse, and water-only stage. This time around, I went straight to the high pressure soap (in an effort to save time and money, and because I forgot the camera). The soap went on the hood, and I spread around like before. This time, though, it looked the same all across the hood!!! Pete`s 53 (wax 2) didn`t behave like before. Not even close. After I stopped the soaping, I did notice that the Pete`s section was sheeting a bit faster than the others.

I followed up with the high pressure rinse. No more beading like before. Not even from Pete`s. Pete`s did, however, sheet off better and quicker. The Midnight Sun (wax 4) did perform a bit better than the others. It was just a tiny tick better then Ultimate Liquid (wax 1). That race was too close to call. The Cherry Flash (wax 3) and M26 (wax 5) were about the same. I almost stopped paying attention to those, as I felt the waxes were maybe already off. <shrug> Not sure.

RINGER ALERT. I`ve actually been testing another wax, concurrently with these other five. I started that test at least two months ago. And the wax is still reacting pretty much the same way as before, but slightly less on the upper end of the vehicle (I did the "C Pillar" and quarter panel). I`ll be posing a review on *that* wax soon enough. And because of today`s results, I`m thinking of also putting it up in V2.0 of this test.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Sorry for the lack of video.

Post Thanks / Like

2 week is disappointing.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    2 week is disappointing.
    That`s for sure! Wonder if there`s some wildcard factor....we`ll see how the M16 works out.

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh, Accumulator: Yeah, I wonder if it`s just my imagination? Next week, I`ll do the video and do the same process as before. Then you guys can give your thoughts. But 2 weeks doesn`t sound right to me. Yeah, it has to be in my head!

Post Thanks / Like

..Okay, now I`m looking forward to getting the booklet. The website did mention I should be receiving a copy. I had no idea it would be outdated. I`m chuckling now at the thought....
    IIRC it`s called "Clean Cars Make Money" and is just *full* of, uhm.... advice You won`t believe it!

.. If yours isn`t around, I`ll send you some of the *fresh* stuff I get from them...

I *do* still have mine..and don`t *anybody* send me any products!! That`d be, uhm...retrograde motion I`m getting stuff *out* of here, not in.

Man, where was I when you were tossing stuff out?!?!
    You were saving your money and not filling your shelves/life with [crap]
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I *do* still have mine..and don`t *anybody* send me any products!! That`d be, uhm...retrograde motion I`m getting stuff *out* of here, not in.
    Aww come on. Let`s trade. (Trading baseball cards would be way easier).

You were saving your money and not filling your shelves/life with [crap]
    OH, I`m sure I was wasting it. Just not sure on what.

In other news..... If all works out, I`ll be doing Week 3 wash tomorrow. Fun times

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Well, at least you`re having fun with this stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

But 2 weeks doesn`t sound right to me. Yeah, it has to be in my head!
    I`m not surprised at all. It`s too damn hot here in So Cal. Waxes don`t stand up to the heat when it is 100+ outside and the car is not garaged.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Well, at least you`re having fun with this stuff!
    Yeah, some of it is fun. I *do* enjoy watching the quarter panel. The way the water beads, is suspended on the panel for a split second, then rushes down the side. Like my own, little waterfall. (Okay, I need to snap out of it....must...get....coffee)

BTW: Got the Malm`s today. The little booklet *did* come with it! Copyright 1994!!

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    I`m not surprised at all. It`s too damn hot here in So Cal. Waxes don`t stand up to the heat when it is 100+ outside and the car is not garaged.
    Speaking of coffee... I must have not been at 100% last week. Yes, it`s been hot, and maybe it`s messing with the wax. Maybe it`s messing with my brain. Yeah, that`s it. That`s my story.

Gentlemen, I MUST apologize. For my last "status update" - it appears the wax, for the most part, is *still* on. The water / soapy water doesn`t behave like before, but it seems fairly clear to me that the waxes are still holding up. I`ll be posting the vid as soon as I possibly can. Must edit out the bloopers and such.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got the Malm`s today. The little booklet *did* come with it! Copyright 1994!!
    1994 huh? That must be a much newer, updated version of the copy I got in the `80s. [Runs out to shop and back] Yeah, mine`s from 1986. Wonder what got changed..

Post Thanks / Like

Status Update 09/10/15 - Week 3

Here it is, gentlemen. Video of Week 3. There might be a few moments of out-of-focus video, some water spray on camera, and some extra jittery moments. The wind kept throwing the water back to me (not fun) and the camera.

Post Thanks / Like

1994 huh? That must be a much newer, updated version of the copy I got in the `80s. [Runs out to shop and back] Yeah, mine`s from 1986. Wonder what got changed..

So weird. I thought I replied to this! I even told my friend about this post. - Does your version talk about the 2 bucket wash (without actually calling it a "2 Bucket Wash"?)
    -

Accumulator...M16....wow. I want to cover the whole car in this stuff.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information