Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    A gallon of FK425 and 16oz of 3D pink should be arriving today.
    I`ll buy the gallon of soap after I go thru my PB SS&S
    I see some folks mentioning this FK 425 stuff lately... What about it makes it preferable to other QD`s you`ve tried?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Dunno yet..it was suggested to use with FK1000p which I have on all my vehicles this winter.
    It`s not cost effective buying a quart so I went for a gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

FK425 is one of those QDs/drying aids that leaves a fair bit of stuff behind, almost like a spray-wax. Some folks experience dust repellancy, but I`ve never noticed that. It *does* leave things very slick and shiny. It`s Accumulator-proof with regard to streaking/etc. It`s 100% compatible with FK1000P, so much so that you can use FK425 to soften up dried-out FK1000P enough to use it OK. Smells nice too

It is *NOT* always compatible with other waxes; I had it *really* mess up some 476S so now I only use it on Fk1000P, but others use it on waxes with no issues.

That said, I`m liking IUDJ *so* much that I don`t reach for my FK425 or FK146 nearly as often as I used to.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, as I have not used....what are you loving so much about IUDJ?

Post Thanks / Like

Washed my Merc today with some HD Pink I had ordered to try.
    It`s like the Wash n Wax from 3D. I like both now.
    So I`ll use it in the spring when I`m ready for polishing.
    The FK425 I used when drying the car.
    It almost looked like it was smearing at first but dries to a nice slick shine over the 1000P. Easy to work with and safe for glass too.
    Great suggestions Accumulator !
    I`m losing count of how many people I know now are hooked on the FK1000P.
    And.....if because I`m putting a few coats on the four cars at my house keeps it from SNOWing this winter. .I`ll still be thanking you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneQuickGT1 View Post
    I haven`t used it either, but people speak of IUDJ like it`s magical... I`m gonna have to try it eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that my only previous Rinseless experiences were with QEW and ONR v2.0, I find that unlike with those products I can actually do a bit of cleaning with IUDJ without marring (I do still use the BHB/foamgun combo first and maybe even do another step with the mitt/foamgun before using the IUDJ though). The IUDJ seems to have *zero* negative effects on my LSPs which is more than I can say for the ONR v2.0 (which killed Collinite) and surfaces cleaned with IUDJ don`t end up harder to clean the next time the way they did with the ONR v2.0.

As a Drying Aid, the IUDJ leaves things at least as slick as any of my QDs/Sealant Boosters and, to my eyes, there`s even a slight improvement in the gloss/overall look.

As a QD, it seems to clean better than my others (no surprise I guess as it`s a Rinseless WASH).

Note that I`ve been mixing the IUDJ at 2oz per gallon Distilled Water for all uses. Even at that ratio it`s very inexpensive compared to my other QDs.

I do still use ValuGard`s Fast Finish and Meguiar`s UQW for some plastic surfaces and I`m currently using OCW as a Drying Aid on the A8, so I`m not replacing *all* such products with the IUDJ. But !oh man! have I been pleasantly surprised by how much I like the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I haven`t used it either, but people speak of IUDJ like it`s magical...
    yeah, between the fanboy raves and Garry`s sorta-cheesy self-promotion (hey, don`t take that harshly, I *do* like the guy! just call `em as I see `em ) I resisted trying the IUDJ for quite a while. Eh, I pretty much hated ONR so I figured I wasn`t missing anything. I was sure wrong about that.

I don`t use IUDJ as a claylube or a tire dressing though.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried UWW+? I think it has many of the same qualities of iudj. I alternate between UWW and d114. UWW is great as it leaves something behind, and it`s fantastic as a drying aid and qd. I still find myself reaching for d156 as my drying aid most times. Darn I love d156!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried UWW+? I think it has many of the same qualities of iudj. I alternate between UWW and d114. UWW is great as it leaves something behind, and it`s fantastic as a drying aid and qd. I still find myself reaching for d156 as my drying aid most times. Darn I love d156!
    UWW is great stuff but im switching to the new WG rinseless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    UWW is great stuff but im switching to the new WG rinseless
    Good choice
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried UWW+? I think it has many of the same qualities of iudj.
    No, never tried the UWW+. It came down to the UWW+ or the IUDJ and I made a coin-flip decision to go with the latter. Being 100% satisfied with it, and with how Garry dealt with a weird problem that came up with my order, I`m gonna stick with it.

I certainly have no qualms about somebody thinking the Ultima UWW+ is all that! I really like some Ultima products and had I tried that instead I`d quite possibly be singing *its* praises and saying how it`s the only Rinseless for me.

Wading through the comparisons between IUDJ and UWW+ gave me the impression they`re both great and that nobody`d go wrong with either.
    Likes marinesoup liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll stick with what`s worked for me.
    UWW+

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea, and FK1000p (Accumulator) Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Good choice
    Took advantge if the 20% off sale last friday plus connect savings and got a gallon for about the price of 2 pints of UWW. It was such a great deal it was a no brainer. And i LOVE WG products

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information