Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Thanks for the reminder on the AG sale. May take the plunge. One last question...if I polish with m205, and use PB white diamond, does that seem like a good plan prior to 1000p? Or, should I IPA wipe between the 205 and WD?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Quote Originally Posted by OneQuickGT1 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder on the AG sale. May take the plunge. One last question...if I polish with m205, and use PB white diamond, does that seem like a good plan prior to 1000p? Or, should I IPA wipe between the 205 and WD?
    This is one for Accumulator to answer. I don`t know how 1000p would play over a glaze if it`s not polymer based like Prima Amigo. And, while I`ve never used 205 it`s my understanding it leaves behind allot of oils.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

After 20+ years of using sealants then trying Collinite in these years of my life I prefer Collinite as it adds some depth to the paint. After it survived the AZ. summer with temps up to 117 it has proved to me it is as durable as anything else I have used. I do have a can of FK and have been using it on headlights and chrome but have wandered away from the glossy plastic look of sealants at least for a while. Just my $.02 on the subject.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    This is one for Accumulator to answer. I don`t know how 1000p would play over a glaze if it`s not polymer based like Prima Amigo. And, while I`ve never used 205 it`s my understanding it leaves behind allot of oils.
    I BELIEVE WD is a polymer based glaze as well, and it claims to be a bit of a paint cleaner as well. Always looking for additional insight though.

Post Thanks / Like

I *always* wiped after M205 if only bvecause the oils can dissipate under any LSP and that can leave things looking less-than-great. I wouldn`t expect them to mess with the FK1000P`s durability but I`ve never tried it since again, I always wiped when using M205 (which I don`t use any more- yuck). I apply it over top of short-lived products and it works fine, zero decrease in *the FK1000P`s* durability. It`s absolutely not a case where the underlying stuff fails and thus causes the FK1000P to fail; that simply does not happen for me.

BUT- AFAIK, I`ve only used it over top of synthetic stuff- Kaio, Zaio, 1Z WaxPolishSoft (sorta surprised that it worked so well over that one), 1Z Pro Metalllic Polish, and AutoGlym Super Resin Polish.

Sorry, I don`t know from the White Diamond, so I can`t address that directly. Wild guess- it`ll work OK, especially if you wait a while between the WD and the FK, like a day or two (I waited maybe five days after the 1Z WPS).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    After 20+ years of using sealants then trying Collinite in these years of my life I prefer Collinite as it adds some depth to the paint...
    No criticism from me on that one! I only switched the `93 Audi to the FK because I needed better protection that I was getting from the Collinite, which *was* a better looking LSP for that paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I switched from FK1000P to WG Uber Coating on my hood.

FK1000P was/is still holding up well everywhere except the hood. The failure is likely due to animal droppings from the trees above. I didn`t get around to cleaning the droppings for over a week so the failure is kind of my fault.

Note: it`s not bird poo that caused the failure it was some kind of animal urine that dried with a rusty color that was very hard to remove even with firm pressure with a wash mitt (it left very minor etching, mostly marring from my aggressive scrubbing of the areas). Like I said the contaminant sat on the paint for too long and that`s my fault for not cleaning it up sooner but I think a coating will keep this area protected.

By the time I`m satisfied I`ll have different LSP for each panel, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I *always* wiped after M205 if only bvecause the oils can dissipate under any LSP and that can leave things looking less-than-great. I wouldn`t expect them to mess with the FK1000P`s durability but I`ve never tried it since again, I always wiped when using M205 (which I don`t use any more- yuck). I apply it over top of short-lived products and it works fine, zero decrease in *the FK1000P`s* durability. It`s absolutely not a case where the underlying stuff fails and thus causes the FK1000P to fail; that simply does not happen for me.

BUT- AFAIK, I`ve only used it over top of synthetic stuff- Kaio, Zaio, 1Z WaxPolishSoft (sorta surprised that it worked so well over that one), 1Z Pro Metalllic Polish, and AutoGlym Super Resin Polish.

Sorry, I don`t know from the White Diamond, so I can`t address that directly. Wild guess- it`ll work OK, especially if you wait a while between the WD and the FK, like a day or two (I waited maybe five days after the 1Z WPS).
    Thank you! I`ve used some sealants over WD without issues, so I am thinking 1000p will behave similarly. I`ve waited an hour to one day, and I appreciate your thought process here. If I may ask, what are you using for a polish, now that you`ve abandoned 205?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

4u2nvinmetl- How`s the WG coating holding up? That *is* one weird and awful situation you have there...

OneQuickGT1- Sounds like the FK1000P oughta work fine over that WD.

In place of M205, I initially went back to 1Z High Gloss, but once I tried HD Polish that was that. The HD Polish is my Finishing Polish, though I do still use 1Z Pro Metallic Polish and 1Z WaxPolishSoft and since those do contain some minimal abrasives I guess they`re in that Finishing Polish category too even though I think of them as being more like AIOs.

FWIW, applying the 1z stuff after HD Polish really ramps up the appearance (guess it`s just the gloss), so much so that I use those as a base-LSP between the HD Polish and my real LSP. I suppose they make it look better because of their (synthetic) wax components, but whatever they`re contributing it works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Left FK1KP on the shelf this fall. Giving PNS a shot. Hope I make it `till Spring.

BTW, IMO I would skip the WD for winter.

Post Thanks / Like

@Accumulator
    So HD Polish is your goto, do you also use the HD Cut if you need more cut or is it one of the other 3D choices?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I`ve used some sealants over WD without issues, so I am thinking 1000p will behave similarly. I`ve waited an hour to one day, and I appreciate your thought process here. If I may ask, what are you using for a polish, now that you`ve abandoned 205?

Thanks.
    Yeah, I used M205 a few times and never really liked it. I`ve been using CarPro Reflect (really like it as my finishing polish), and Menzerna Super Finish SF4000 (virtually identical characteristics as CarPro Reflect).

M101 followed up with Reflect just works on every paint I`ve tried it on (just changed up the pads)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    4u2nvinmetl- How`s the WG coating holding up? That *is* one weird and awful situation you have there...
    It`s doing good!

Here`s some shots I took of each LSP beading as of this morning from the rain...

Roof = 845 beeting applied April 2015
    Pillar = FK1000P applied August 2015

Roof rail plastic = secret dressing applied days ago

Roof rail plastic = secret dressing applied days ago

Bumper = FK1000P applied August 2015

Hood = WG Uber coating applied a few days ago

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    @Accumulator
    So HD Polish is your goto, do you also use the HD Cut if you need more cut or is it one of the other 3D choices?
    I always seem to need more cut that the HD Cut will deliver *with the pads I have*, so I basically just use the Cut to enhance the work-time of my M101.
    Thanks ShawnF350 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A gallon of FK425 and 16oz of 3D pink should be arriving today.
    I`ll buy the gallon of soap after I go thru my PB SS&S

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information