Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long prot...

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    FK1000P has landed on my doorstep today.
    Can`t wait to apply in prep for winter.
    Attachment 28566
    I just bought the same size tin of FK.
    That tin will last you and your family a life time ( and maybe a few friends )
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

I finally got the chance to put fk1000p on my car last week. Originally i wasn`t super impressed with the slickness, even though it did look nice. However, a few days later i was getting out of the car and wow did the slickness bump up. It hasnt seen water yet so no beading checks. Hoping it lives up to to its winter rep. So far so good. As far as usage goes, i think i managed to use most of the little crumbs of product on top of the wax in the tin.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long prot...

Quote Originally Posted by marinesoup View Post
    I just bought the same size tin of FK.
    That tin will last you and your family a life time ( and maybe a few friends )
    I purchased this can back in 2006. I only use FK 1000P once a year as my winter prep and apply 2 coats on both mine and the wife`s car. I guess what I learned back in 2006 still apply`s today - a little goes a long way.

The wax is still in fantastic shape even after 9 years. It hasn`t dried out or cracked, is still soft as far as FK 1000P goes and is easy to apply and remove.

Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes edb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    I finally got the chance to put fk1000p on my car last week. Originally i wasn`t super impressed with the slickness, even though it did look nice. However, a few days later i was getting out of the car and wow did the slickness bump up. It hasnt seen water yet so no beading checks. Hoping it lives up to to its winter rep. So far so good. As far as usage goes, i think i managed to use most of the little crumbs of product on top of the wax in the tin.
    All I can say is when I left work a few times with a bird dropping or two, by the time I get home I can`t find it. It blows off on the ride home.
    You won`t believe it until you experience it.
    Likes edb, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is when I left work a few times with a bird dropping or two, by the time I get home I can`t find it. It blows off on the ride home.
    You won`t believe it until you experience it.
    I hope it works that well for me to, that is awsome! Is that with 2 coats? Did the second coat seem to change anything for you, or is it more just coverage insurance?

Post Thanks / Like

One coat on my Explorer.
    Two on my Merc.
    Haven`t gotten to the second coat yet but nothing sticks.

Post Thanks / Like

For what it cost it`s awesome, why spend way more?

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

915- best Winter protection for dark cars!!

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is when I left work a few times with a bird dropping or two....
    And IME (!YMMV!) when the bird-bombs do stick they don`t etch through the FK1000P even if I leave them on there for a while. Best etching protection I`ve ever had, right up there with heavily (and I mean *HEAVILY*) layered KSG.

Post Thanks / Like

When I park at the airport for a few days I return to paint that is covered with a fine oily film--I guess it`s jet exhaust. The car had been protected with 2 coats of 1000p back in July--Recently flew out to San Antonio for a week to visit my granddaughter and friends told us it had rained heavily the day before we got back--to my amazement the car looked like it had just been washed. No bird bombs, no oily slick, nothing but a slick shiny finish.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

pwaug- Yeah, that "self-cleaning in the rain" feature is great! Interesting that it worked so well even with the airport fallout..lucky you!

Post Thanks / Like

What are you all using for maintenance on 1000p? Just a bit of 425? Really thinking of grabbing some on Black Friday if I can get a good deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneQuickGT1 View Post
    What are you all using for maintenance on 1000p? Just a bit of 425? Really thinking of grabbing some on Black Friday if I can get a good deal.
    I`ve been using FK425 with every full wash--it makes the finish even slicker than it is with the 1000p. Don`t really know what else to use as I don`t want to hide the water and dirt shedding attributes of the 1000p. BTW--AG has a 15% off, no minimum free shipping sale going on now through tomorrow--perhaps Autopia will match it??
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long prot...

Hope this isn`t sacrilege, but I did 1 coat KAIO then 2 coats of FK1000p in time for the snow but a few weeks passed and we ended up getting a few great days here in Ontario with temps around 21c or 71f.
    I decided to do a final coat of BFDF to bring back a great shine like I experience in the summer.
    I had no problems with no solvent action.
    It actually gave me a deeper less sterile shine.
    Just love the FK1000p though.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information