Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

ShawnF350- Glad to hear your FK1000P experience is staring off OK!

Sounds like you got a can of the "regular, soft" stuff and not one of those "hard as a rock" ones that can be a struggle.

Seeing your mention of those birds, I sure hope it resists etching for you as well as it does for me.

Oh, and look to see if the look changes just a little after a day or so. I usually think it "cures more attractive" compared to when I`ve just applied it. That "looks like added clearcoat" look is why I don`t *always* think it`s the perfect LSP for every paint, but when it looks right it really looks great.

Oh#2, what year Marquis? (I`m a Ford Panther Platform nut.)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

It`s a 1998. Picked it up for $900 with 105k. Now has 115k on it.
    It had the notorious cowl drain leak I fixed. Just last week we had a heavy rain. I had a small amount of water on the mat..So I don`t think it`s that drain again. Maybe the windshield?
    If you never saw this here was my original fix.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...GyfU1beWuE5ewA

Can you do the whole car or should I do a panel at a time? About ten minutes sound good for cure?

Post Thanks / Like

ShawnF350- Yikes. sure glad none of my Crown Vics ever had the water intrusion issue! Huh, wonder where it`s coming in now...

IMO that`s a whole lotta good transportation for $900!

IME you can do either one panel or the whole car, but IMO it`s better to do the whole thing so the stuff really dries/flashes. It oughta pass the finger-swipe test and come off cleanly with zero smearing or else you need to wait longer. So I guess the "how long to wait?" will be situational.
    Likes ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ya know I`ve been pondering this because I was almost thinking of topping my Duragloss 105/111 with either Collinite 476s or FK1000P (edit: I should have written `for winter` here). But then it hit me, why not just another couple of layers of sealant??!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago I found this site and decided to try the Collinite 476s on my truck based on the recommendations of you all. A little background about what my truck is exposed to. For 2 plus months a year, duck season, my truck travels a very brutal road that exposes it to mud, sand and gravel, limestone slurry and a large part of the time the road is wet. I was amazed and still am at how well the 476s holds up, when the only way that I can clean the truck is if it is possible to power wash the heavy stuff off then run it thru the brushless auto wash. I rarely hand wash the truck, just don`t have the setup to do at home. Before Collinite I had used Meguires and it looked great, but just didn`t hold up. I wax the truck every 6 months, last time using HD product the appling 476s, with a couple of times after washing using Meguires spray on detailer. The truck looks great, the paint still beads nicely, and cleans off very nice. What I would like to find is something that would hold up as well that I could apply to our Airstream trailer and if it is better than Collinite 476s, I`m real interested. Might have to give the FK1000P a try. Learn something here every time I visit. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I`m about to try replacing the 476S on the `93 Audi with FK1000P. I simply *must* get better etching protection on that car (long story why, it`s one *WEIRD* etching issue). I had been using 476S over 1Z WaxPolishSoft as that combo didn`t highlight the sad condition of the car`s *utterly* trashed paint the way most "unforgiving LSPs" will. The 1Z WPS does a *bit* of concealing (we`re not talking shallow little swirlmarks here folks) and the 476S looked good on the dark blue pearl. But...I`m gonna see if the FK1000P will bond to the 1Z WPS. I bet it`ll look...uhm...different. But maybe the FK1000P will help stop the etching issue (I`m paint-cleaning, at least, sometimes polishing, every time the beater car gets rained/snowed on and that`s getting old).

Post Thanks / Like

Well Accumulator, I washed my Explorer with a Waterless wash yesterday and did a small area on the hood with FK1000. I wasn`t sure if I would have time today. But managed to wash it with some SS&S. I could clearly see where my test spot was. It shed water like I`ve never seen. Then decided I didn`t need to do a polish so applied the FK. It applied really easy and was a little more effort removing but nothing to complain about. It looks like the car was freshly painted with extra clear.
    3 people already bought it after I told them about it. My one neighbor is putting it on his Mercedes Tues.
    So. .I believe I`ve found my winter wax.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Likes Tpr1634, Marc08EX, 4u2nvinmtl, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just washed my car tonight, where I had put the fleet wax about a month ago, it`s holding just as good as day one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Well Accumulator, I washed my Explorer with a Waterless wash yesterday and did a small area on the hood with FK1000. I wasn`t sure if I would have time today. But managed to wash it with some SS&S. I could clearly see where my test spot was. It shed water like I`ve never seen. Then decided I didn`t need to do a polish so applied the FK. It applied really easy and was a little more effort removing but nothing to complain about. It looks like the car was freshly painted with extra clear.
    3 people already bought it after I told them about it. My one neighbor is putting it on his Mercedes Tues.
    So. .I believe I`ve found my winter wax.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

That looks amazing Shawn!! Can`t believe how glossy that looks especially for silver. You`re right in your description on how it looks like it has extra clear.
    Likes ShawnF350, Tpr1634 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ShawnF350- Glad to hear that, I`d hate for one of my suggestions to prove unsatisfactory, but ya just never know how somebody else`s experience will go.

And isn`t it nice that you didn`t have to do a big Autopian-prep job?!?
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ShawnF350- Glad to hear that, I`d hate for one of my suggestions to prove unsatisfactory, but ya just never know how somebody else`s experience will go.

And isn`t it nice that you didn`t have to do a big Autopian-prep job?!?
    I saw a pic of someone`s can opened...it looked super soft, is that how yours is? It was also a beige looking color. Mine was pink, and pretty hard stuff

Post Thanks / Like

boxingfan30- Mine is beige and soft. My sample tin was yellow and *HARD*.

Seems like every now and then a bad batch slips through. If that happens, IMO people oughta call FinishKare as their Customer Service has always been very good IME.

I mean...the hard stuff will always work AFAIK, and you can often soften it up with a little FK425, but if they`ll maybe help out it`s worth the phone call to see if they`ll replace it with something more user-friendly.
    Likes boxingfan30 liked this post
    Thanks boxingfan30 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    boxingfan30- Mine is beige and soft. My sample tin was yellow and *HARD*.

Seems like every now and then a bad batch slips through. If that happens, IMO people oughta call FinishKare as their Customer Service has always been very good IME.

I mean...the hard stuff will always work AFAIK, and you can often soften it up with a little FK425, but if they`ll maybe help out it`s worth the phone call to see if they`ll replace it with something more user-friendly.
    It`s old as hell man lol I wouldn`t try to be dishonest and get a new tin for years old stuff. I just wondered so I knew if I should get another can at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

boxingfan- Heh heh, roger that...might be time to think about a new tin. I bet you`d appreciate the diff.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure I would...it`ll be on my list of next products to get

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information