Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    ..One of these years I`m going to have to buy a tin of FK1000P.
    Heh heh heh....

[Accumulator thinks "if I just keep pushing long enough.." ]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh heh....

[Accumulator thinks "if I just keep pushing long enough.." ]

Why not? It worked on me! Just got to try it, now! Hopefully I get a chance tomorrow.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Okay so FK1000P is marketed as a high temp wax which would be great for Arizona. But how is it as a topper in the freezing cold northeast winter???

Post Thanks / Like

High cost or not, I`m trying synergy next lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    Okay so FK1000P is marketed as a high temp wax which would be great for Arizona. But how is it as a topper in the freezing cold northeast winter???

IMO people might read too much into that whole "high temp wax" bit.

I find it`s the best Winter-resistant LSP I`ve ever used. While Collinite and (enough layers of) KSG gave great protection and can even have their advantages, IME the FK1000P stays nicer between washes, cleans up easier as it ages, and lasts longer.

Just doing a pressure-washer rinse (preferably with DI water) is often enough to keep a FK1000P`ed vehicle looking Winter-presentable when doing a regular wash isn`t happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I have to agree with both of those statements. I like 845 a lot but I find it`s simply not as durable as 476S (while being easier to work with, of course). One of these years I`m going to have to buy a tin of FK1000P.
    I dreaded using 1000P for a long time. I even went to the point of adding more solvents to soften it, which does help.

That said, the effort is worth it. 1000p performs like coatings claim they do. I`ve really grown fond of the glassy look as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dan! Long time no see!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    Hey Dan! Long time no see!
    Hi Thomas, I`ve gotten into rc helicopters and my detailing has suffered! The break has been nice though, I`ve really separated out the stuff that works for me vs the junk.

1000p and OCW are all I use these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- Glad to see you posting!

I wonder whether FK would`ve replaced that FK1000P that`s so hard. There was a night-and-day difference between the (hard) stuff I got as a sample and the (quite normal for a paste, if not exactly soft) full-size tin I bought.

The look of the stuff *can* grown on ya over time, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Dan- Glad to see you posting!

I wonder whether FK would`ve replaced that FK1000P that`s so hard. There was a night-and-day difference between the (hard) stuff I got as a sample and the (quite normal for a paste, if not exactly soft) full-size tin I bought.

The look of the stuff *can* grown on ya over time, huh?
    Thanks, good to be back. I`m not sure mine is the rock hard variety but its no UPW which for someone like me that hates pastes can even enjoy!

Did I read you are using a pressure washer??? Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Collinite products for over 35 years and have always had excellent results. I`ve used 845.476s and 915. If you are looking for speed then just use a quick sprat wax. If you really care about what your vehicle looks like then use Collinite. It may take 15-20 minutes longer to do the job but the end result is worth it. i`m an old guy and learned years ago that you only get out what you put in. Everyone is always in a hurry. For what? If you have that much to do in your life then just run it through a car wash and go about your business. I can remember times that I was detailing my car a 3 AM inside the car dealership where I worked at the time. One of the saleman and I would pull an all nighter after work and wouldn`t think anything of it. The end result is all that matters. Do you step back and say "that job makes me proud" or "it`s clean enough now lets go drink some beer". I can tell you i was the latter. JMHO
    2011 Jeep Compass Bright Silver Freedom Drive II
    2014 VW Tiguan SE White Gold

Fighting everyday against the loss of gloss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    I have used Collinite products for over 35 years and have always had excellent results. I`ve used 845.476s and 915. If you are looking for speed then just use a quick sprat wax. If you really care about what your vehicle looks like then use Collinite. It may take 15-20 minutes longer to do the job but the end result is worth it. i`m an old guy and learned years ago that you only get out what you put in. Everyone is always in a hurry. For what? If you have that much to do in your life then just run it through a car wash and go about your business. I can remember times that I was detailing my car a 3 AM inside the car dealership where I worked at the time. One of the saleman and I would pull an all nighter after work and wouldn`t think anything of it. The end result is all that matters. Do you step back and say "that job makes me proud" or "it`s clean enough now lets go drink some beer". I can tell you i was the latter. JMHO
    My money is still on 845, just can`t beat for the price....
    Likes WAXOFF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think you need to call Collinite and have them send info about the insulator cleaner and 845. The sub station insulators definitely need cleaning. We can have Fred put it in stock.

Industrial Wax Quality on the Line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Did I read you are using a pressure washer??? Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.
    Yes indeed! Accumulatorette got me a cheapie/wimpy thing from Lowe`s for Christmas and with its modest output it`s working *GREAT* without getting misty overspray all over the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF
    Everyone is always in a hurry. For what? If you have that much to do in your life then just run it through a car wash and go about your business.
    OR pay a Pro to do this stuff for you. It`s like people paying somebody to clean their house or do other stuff that eats up time. Gotta prioritize.

See, that`s my dilema! I have countless things to do that`re more important than detailing, but driving a cosmetically [messed] up vehicle compromises my quality of life too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was too busy over the weekend, but tonight I decided to Spray and Wipe my Merc Marquis hood , clay and give the FK1000 a try.
    My retired friends were bugging me so it cured less than ten minutes before wiping it off.
    Really went on and wiped off easy but it was getting dark out.
    To me it looked like I added clear to the hood and it`s really smooth.

My two neighbors immediately said they want some and scattered to find a pen and write down what it was I used.
    One has a Mercedes 2015 ML350 suv and the other a brand new Mazda 6. Phil with the Mercedes only buys stuff I use when he sees amazing results. And I told him it should have no problem lasting the winter.
    I`ll see what TPR thinks tomorrow too.
    I`ll let everyone know how good it is when I do the rest of the car this coming weekend.
    It`s also time when the birds really start to hang out over a substation and drop bird bombs.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information