Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Will post some photos and how it went when I get it applied.
    I have plans for a long detailing weekend. But I think my wife has other plans for me.
    Hoping Saturday (so far) is the only day that interferes with my plans.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    FK1000P has landed on my doorstep today.
    Can`t wait to apply in prep for winter.
    Let me know if you feel its any better than 845, I`m going to try 915 myself, again I wonder is there, if any difference or are we just chasing the shine......
    Likes ShawnF350, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    Let me know if you feel [FK1000P] any better than 845, I`m going to try 915 myself, again I wonder is there, if any difference or are we just chasing the shine......
    I`d be pretty surprised if somebody did *NOT* find any significant diffs between FK1000P and 845. For that matter, some of us find significant differences between 845 and Collinite paste wax(es).

Best thing about 845 is that it`s utterly trim-friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`d be pretty surprised if somebody did *NOT* find any significant diffs between FK1000P and 845. For that matter, some of us find significant differences between 845 and Collinite paste wax(es).

Best thing about 845 is that it`s utterly trim-friendly.
    You don`t like 845 or fp1000 is just all that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    You don`t like 845 or fp1000 is just all that.
    Well, yeah...IMO FK1000P is all that But it`s not that I don`t like 845 really even though I guess I might come across that way

Post Thanks / Like

Premium Boat Care. a part of PBMG is having another Collinite sale if anyone is interested. Free shipping over $50.00
    Collinite Car Wax Products, Collinite Wax, Insulator Wax, collinite 845, collinite double coat

Dave
    Last edited by davidc; 09-03-2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Correction from AGO to PBMG
    Likes Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Premium Bot Care. a part of AGO is having another Collinite sale if anyone is interested. Free shipping over $50.00
    Collinite Car Wax Products, Collinite Wax, Insulator Wax, collinite 845, collinite double coat

Dave
    Call Ray, Autopia will match it !!!!!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I would be interested to see what that Dark Blue would look like with 915.
    I have on my wife`s Bali Blue Pearl Pilot; it looks amazing.

I always just kinda knee-jerk-avoided 915 based on my conversations with the guys at Collinite. Sounds like a few people here really like it.
    What did the Colli guys say about it?

Post Thanks / Like

CDot- They strongly implied that they offered it primarily to fill a market niche for a "higher end wax" rather than because it has any benefits over the 476S. The guy I spoke with said that he, and his coworkers, use 476S on their own cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have officially used every Collinite wax now and I would not be able to pick a favorite. The Van has 476S, the truck 885, the RV 885. 925 and 845 on various parts, trim etc. I picked up the 915 and after approx. 5 months thru the extreme heat, monsoons and lately Daily rains ( feel like I live in Pa. again ) I coated the 476S and 885 . My take on 915 that was used on light colors was that it made the colors slightly darker and the shine was comparable if not very slightly better than 476S or 885. Application of 915 was effortless and buffed off the same, it was actually easier than 476S or 885. I can see where 915 would work well on darker vehicles as it seems to make the color even darker and everyone knows that darker colors are more reflective . The 476S and 885 were still diligently doing their job when I applied the 915 by the way.

Dave
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love collinite!

Post Thanks / Like

So is FK1000P a pure wax (no chemical cleaner) I can put on top of my DG sealant for winter?

Post Thanks / Like

davidc- You`ve certainly given the Collinite line a good going-through lately!

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    So is FK1000P a pure wax (no chemical cleaner) I can put on top of my DG sealant for winter?
    Yes, that`s correct. It does not strip previously-applied products IME.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? FK always would take off small tar spots that I saw?

Post Thanks / Like

For that matter, some of us find significant differences between 845 and Collinite paste wax(es).Best thing about 845 is that it`s utterly trim-friendly.
    I have to agree with both of those statements. I like 845 a lot but I find it`s simply not as durable as 476S (while being easier to work with, of course). One of these years I`m going to have to buy a tin of FK1000P.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information