Post Thanks / Like

a little test with cquk and wolf`s chemicals Shine and Glaze

Over on another detailing forum, there was an interesting Question ( weird isn`t it), so I performed a little test, and offcourse I wanted to add this here so you don`t feel left out on this beautifull info OK let`s get serious again
    In the Kamikaze artificial clearcote thread, there was a discussion that a Kamikaze product was actually already done years ago by Wolf`s Chemicals, being the nano glaze.
    It was also pointed out that Wolf`s Chemical uses the same-ish resin in his products as the Kamikaze range.
    So the question arose if it would be possible to top de nano glaze with another coating then the Wolfs coatings, like CQUK.
    As I have both of these at hand, I decided to test this.
    The test is done on the bonnet of a Peugeot 5008 who does a lot of milage ( 80000km /year). The car was polished with Wolf`s Chemicals WP-3G as prep for a good wax, but the bonnet got a new purpose
    I decided to do the test in 3 sections.
    1 section with nano glaze + CQUK to see if it bonds and how long it lasts
    Next to it, I have put CQUK on bare paint, to see how the CQUK+ nano glaze relates to normal CQUK like it should be applied.
    on the other side of it, I put the nano glaze + bodyguard to see if the CQUK could even hold on longer then the combo it was made for.
    FIY: I did not use Reload, as I didn`t know how this could cover up anything of the CQUK, so it`s only CQUK.
    Prep:
    the bonnet received a double wipe down with CC Panel Prep.
    The Nano Glaze was applied like instructed with a black finishing pad and left to cure a few minutes before wipedown. Surface feels very slippery!
    CQUK was applied with the usual applicator + microsuede cloths and immediatly wiped down after application
    The Bodyguard was applied with a AF waxmate after 2 sprays of BG and left to cure 10 minutes before wipedown.
    I will follow these on beading / sheeting and durability
    Products used:

The Test Area:

After 1 day, it already rained, so let`s look at the beading:
    Bodyguard:

CQUK + Nano Glaze

CQUK

Beading from CQUK + nanoglaze looks the same as the CQUK, so I do believe it has bonded. How well it bonded, time will tell.
    Sheeting:

Agreed, it`s hard to see on silver paint. But the Bodyguard has sheeted the water the best. The CQUK + nanoglaze has also done a better job the CQUK.
    updates will follow
    C&C always welcome

little update:
    this is what I saw this morning, showing the difference between the coatings. Remember, this is CQUK without the Reload.

Update:
    So, another 1000km have passed. Car hasn`t been washed since and it has been raining the last few days with a lot of sand in the rain.

The cquk on S&G still looks like the normal CQUK and is still behaving the same way. so far so good
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: a little test with cquk and wolf`s chemicals Shine and Glaze

Sub`d. Sometimes I wish we could still get Wolfs products. I really enjoy using their nano stuff.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sub`d
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Sub`d. Sometimes I wish we could still get Wolfs products. I really enjoy using their nano stuff.
    when ACC phased out the wolf`s chemical line , I tried out their nano paint sealant body wrap. really good stuff.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another 1500 km have passed, so time for a checkup.
    Gave the car a quick wash with carpro reset today, as they a predicting rain tomorrow, and I want to see some beading and sheeting
    First thing that I noticed is that the CQUK on nanoglaze and CQUK felt slick where as the bodyguard didn`t as much anymore. So cquk on nanoglaze is still acting good.
    After a closer inspection, I could see the filler of the nanoglaze are still present. as you can see in the pictures below. It`s hard to see on silver,but you can see it

Post Thanks / Like

a little update again:
    previously I washed the car because it was going to rain. and it did that night.
    I must say that there was a lot of sand in the rain, so beading isn`t as beautifull as it should be.
    the CQUK on the nanoglaze is still showing as good beading like the CQUK. so still going strong

Thread Information