Post Thanks / Like

Q2 on top of 22PLE

Has anyone topped 22PLE with Gyeon Q2 booster? I like the ease of 22PLE, but I felt it was lacking in its slickness. Gyeon states that it`s booster can be used on top of "other" coatings, but doesn`t say much about timing of application or what specific products are included in the "other."

I`d be interested in hearing about the experience other people have had using this booster on top of other ceramic coatings.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Q2 on top of 22PLE

Mebbe pm mike lambert

he may have
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got 22ple on my wife`s MDX. It`s really slick. I own booster and it is also slick. Have not topped 22ple but bought it to see how it was on top of a panel of Opticoat that was dead. I ended up applying gloss coat to that car.

My can was semi defective. Had to shake it at a 45 degree angle while spraying. It`s not that easy to do and get it on the mf towel.

It` slick but next time I`d try to but cankoat which was the original aerosol spray aerosol that worked better than great.

I`m sorry. I have cancoat not booster.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I felt C1/EXO was much slicker than 22PLE alone. But, 22PLE was so much easier to apply. I have it around as well as booster.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Has anyone topped 22PLE with Gyeon Q2 booster? I like the ease of 22PLE, but I felt it was lacking in its slickness. Gyeon states that it`s booster can be used on top of "other" coatings, but doesn`t say much about timing of application or what specific products are included in the "other."

I`d be interested in hearing about the experience other people have had using this booster on top of other ceramic coatings.
    22ple is a highly silica based coating. These types of coatings are not slick by nature. If you wish to have a slick feeling, most coating manufacturers have their own brand of topper that is heavier in polymers to help boost slickness while also producing great beading and gloss. 22ple developed VS1 Final Coat which is a very easy to use, high performance topper that I have really grown to like. I`ve tested it against several other popular coating toppers from other manufacturers and the 22ple VS1 Final Coat was the clear winner. I`d recommend giving it a shot if you have not purchased anything yet.

Retired Professional Detailer
    Likes kevincwelch liked this post

Thread Information